Charlotte - July 8th roll call

Started by hoojack, Mar 13, 2017, 05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoojack

hoojack

Quote from: hoojack on Jul 08, 2017, 07:26 PM
Quote from: chieftokenpuff6 on Jul 08, 2017, 07:06 PM
Rain delay...

Any updates? I'm ready to go in damn it.

And just like that everything is groovy. Let's rock

tippitoes22

Buddy at show texting me. Thunderstorms before show. So think it might be short show...

MAGS
Compound
Off Rekid
Spring
Amazed
Circuital
Golden
Tropics
Steam
Waterfall
AEIOU
Victory

E
Wordless
Evil urges
Lay low
Touch me  2
OBH
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him

NSLrecordings

We all got turned to record tonight. Huge bummer. Show was great
[url="//www.facebook.com/nslmedia"]www.facebook.com/nslmedia[/url] / [url="//www.nslmedia.net"]www.nslmedia.net[/url]

Stevie

Quote from: NSLrecordings on Jul 08, 2017, 11:31 PM

What exactly does that mean?

Also, the setlist looks about as vanilla as it gets, however i have no doubt it was still a great show. 

capt. scotty

I dont remember Tropics for some reason, it was a standard set but I thought they brought it. Maybe theres some distaste from Sturgill Simpson yesterday from me, and i ended up getting 2nd row in pit tonight as well to brighten my spirits, but i enjoyed the show.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

NSLrecordings

Quote from: Stevie on Jul 08, 2017, 11:44 PM

Also, the setlist looks about as vanilla as it gets, however i have no doubt it was still a great show. 

Oops. We weren't allowed to audio record tonight
[url="//www.facebook.com/nslmedia"]www.facebook.com/nslmedia[/url] / [url="//www.nslmedia.net"]www.nslmedia.net[/url]

hoojack

Quote from: NSLrecordings on Jul 09, 2017, 12:30 AM

Also, the setlist looks about as vanilla as it gets, however i have no doubt it was still a great show.  The

That's weird, any idea why you couldn't record?

I thought it was a great set. No Bs, no filler.  Very little chatter but they played their ass off. Saw sturgill last night and there was no comparison. They boys blew him out of the water without any deap cuts. The set list seemed to be impacted by the delay.

Varitek

Weather related maybe? Perhaps they didn't want any extra lightning rods and power chords.
That's a bummer, prepping and packing all your gear to get turned around is no fun. Thanks for the effort, much appreciated anyhow
"Did he just put on a cape?"

Lonndown27

Quote from: Varitek on Jul 09, 2017, 02:22 PM

absolutely! tapers we appreciate your attempts! it must've been the lightning because the Jacket don't play 17 songs, they just don't. It's at least 19 at the shortest and that's for the smallest of shows. Hate to see them playing such shorter sets. Even Nashville had 20 songs on the dot, still looked fantastic, but it'd be nice to hear these newer shows, sad there's no tapes yet. sorry for such a short show guys, 17 songs is extremely short for Jacket. Hope it was still great though

Weather related maybe? Perhaps they didn't want any extra lightning rods and power chords.
That's a bummer, prepping and packing all your gear to get turned around is no fun. Thanks for the effort, much appreciated anyhow
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

DaFunkyPrecedent

Quote from: capt. scotty on Jul 09, 2017, 12:17 AM
I dont remember Tropics for some reason, it was a standard set but I thought they brought it. Maybe theres some distaste from Sturgill Simpson yesterday from me, and i ended up getting 2nd row in pit tonight as well to brighten my spirits, but i enjoyed the show.

what happened at Stu?
God damn those shaky knees.

hoojack

Quote from: DaFunkyPrecedent on Jul 10, 2017, 02:30 PM

what happened at Stu?

Can't speak for Scotty but my entire crew was disappointed in sturgill. I felt it started off good but never picked up and the energy died. He had some technical issues with one of his peddles during welcome to earth (about song 4 or 5 maybe) which pissed him off. Instead of restarting the song, he never finished it and imo the show never fully recovered. The peddle messed up again later in the set and it kinda felt like his attitude carried over to the audience. It was a short show with what felt like a very abrupt ending about 30 min before curfew. I was also hoping for horns and the full band but got the stripped down version.

MMJTX

Quote from: hoojack on Jul 10, 2017, 03:10 PM
Quote from: DaFunkyPrecedent on Jul 10, 2017, 02:30 PM

what happened at Stu?

Can't speak for Scotty but my entire crew was disappointed in sturgill. I felt it started off good but never picked up and the energy died. He had some technical issues with one of his peddles during welcome to earth (about song 4 or 5 maybe) which pissed him off. Instead of restarting the song, he never finished it and imo the show never fully recovered. The peddle messed up again later in the set and it kinda felt like his attitude carried over to the audience. It was a short show with what felt like a very abrupt ending about 30 min before curfew. I was also hoping for horns and the full band but got the stripped down version.

Not to derail this thread, but i kind of got the same feeling at the show in Houston last year, he just didn't seem excited, and almost felt awkward. Maybe he just doesn't have that stage presence that others have. He played most of Metamodern Sounds, and then played all of Sailors Guide from front to end, pretty much sounded exactly like the studio versions, then walked off the stage with no encore and what felt like no "Thank You"
Anytime

LBSUNFLWR

very similar experience seeing Sturgill at Forecastle a few years ago. lack of enthusiasm, sound issues, no communication with the audience. I wouldn't be running out to see him again.

NSLrecordings

Quote from: Varitek on Jul 09, 2017, 02:22 PM

Nothing to do with weather.  100% venue staff being uninformed/not willing to actually call and check on it.  Somebody got through and taped from the lawn

soxnation90

Does anyone know if a partial refund/credit will be issue to ticket holders for the delay? Show started an hour late. Gary played a shorter set and MMJ played one of the shorter sets they've played in quite some time.

LBSUNFLWR

who's fault was it that it rained? Gary's or MMJ's?

hoojack

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Jul 10, 2017, 04:32 PM

I was at roo '08. It's pretty clear Jim can control the rain. But if we're looking to place blame for this one , I say blame sturgill. And neko for 2011 if we're talking about short sets.

Lonndown27

Quote from: hoojack on Jul 10, 2017, 04:36 PM
Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Jul 10, 2017, 04:32 PM

I was at roo '08. It's pretty clear Jim can control the rain. But if we're looking to place blame for this one , I say blame sturgill. And neko for 2012 if we're talking about short sets.

JIM DOES CONTROL THE RAIN!!!!! he always wants a Return to Thunderdome
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018