Carl joins Newport Folk Fest w/solo set on July 28

Started by johnnYYac, Apr 17, 2017, 05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

rkwedge

It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Bill Lee

Any thoughts on MMJ showing up in the Ocean State in July?

GO4IT

This is why we go to Newport.  Always great bands and new and up and coming acts and, the last several years, a heavy dose of MMJ, Jim solo, New Multitudes, MOF (I think), Carl in the museum, with Roger Waters to become Pink Floyd, the guys being regulars at the Deer Tick afterparty, etc.

Oh, yeah, then there was the staring contest between Jim and Chris Funk but we won't talk about that one.  I cornered Funk at the end of one of the afterparties about this matter last year, LOL, expressing my displeasure on behalf of all of you who were there :angry:

CountSA

rkwedge

It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Cameron

Jbpats

How hard is it to get single day tickets to NFF? Would love to go see Jim on Saturday and drive home but tickets have been sold out long before any acts were announced. They have a wait list but it's already 100+ people long.

RastaRunner5

Carl at the Museum Stage in 2012 is one of my favorite MMJ memories. Such a special show.

CountSA

Quote from: Jbpats on Apr 27, 2017, 04:42 PM
How hard is it to get single day tickets to NFF? Would love to go see Jim on Saturday and drive home but tickets have been sold out long before any acts were announced. They have a wait list but it's already 100+ people long.

Not super easy but if you're vigilant you will be able to find a face value ticket.  Craigslist is probably your best bet.

bonzai

Quote from: GO4IT on Apr 19, 2017, 10:07 PM
Oh, yeah, then there was the staring contest between Jim and Chris Funk but we won't talk about that one.  I cornered Funk at the end of one of the afterparties about this matter last year, LOL, expressing my displeasure on behalf of all of you who were there :angry:
At least it was a memorable day...