Roll Call--Nashville 7/7/17

Started by Clarkwork, Mar 14, 2017, 11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaydreamNation

11/11/23  11/10/23  11/9/23  11/7/23  10/29/22  11/2/21  7/7/17  6/22/17  10/27/16  5/13/16  5/12/16

Emb1528

Quote from: DaydreamNation on Jul 10, 2017, 09:41 AM
Anyone see a taper?
I saw a taper at the back of the pit setting up. Hopefully that surfaces soon. Looks like Raleigh is already up.
Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

DaydreamNation

Quote from: Emb1528 on Jul 10, 2017, 11:36 AM
I saw a taper at the back of the pit setting up. Hopefully that surfaces soon. Looks like Raleigh is already up.
Awesome!!
11/11/23  11/10/23  11/9/23  11/7/23  10/29/22  11/2/21  7/7/17  6/22/17  10/27/16  5/13/16  5/12/16

DaFunkyPrecedent

anyone else notice the sound problems in the beginning...loud popping from either the bass or the drum? it got fixed during PWW, but before that it was pretty bad.

The Way That He Sings was unlistenable to me...

God damn those shaky knees.

Lonndown27

Quote from: DaFunkyPrecedent on Jul 10, 2017, 02:25 PM
anyone else notice the sound problems in the beginning...loud popping from either the bass or the drum? it got fixed during PWW, but before that it was pretty bad.

The Way That He Sings was unlistenable to me...

maybe the weather fucking stuff up? the wind? because Ryan does his job very well, I really reckon the Jacket are the greatest sounding live band I've ever heard, someone could record them from a toilet in the bathroom in a plastic bag from a shitty phone from 2005 and it'd still sound amazing. But that could've been where you were standing or something strange was going on that they couldn't control, sometimes that shit happens.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

LBSUNFLWR

I was there and didn't notice anything.
I was in the pavilion 11-12 rows back.

sillyboob

Same as LBSUNFLWR - I was row P, slightly off-center, and didn't hear anything.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

ellisintransit

http://www.nashvillescene.com/music/spin/article/20867008/my-morning-jacket-and-margo-price-transcend-at-ascend

^Review and photos from Nashville Scene^ 

Loved this:  "everywhere we looked, we saw smiling faces blissed out in the sea of sound, and every so often we just closed our eyes and smiled, soaking it in."

Me too.  SO MANY HIGH FIVES AT THIS SHOW, down in the pit at least.

I have one question:  I've seen every MMJ show in Nashville since 2004.  When will Nashville get a multi-show run? 

It's been 11 years since their Ryman show, and artists like Sturgill Simpson and Jason Isbell have done MULTIPLE multi-night runs there, so why not the boys?

DaydreamNation

Quote from: ellisintransit on Jul 11, 2017, 12:27 AM
When will Nashville get a multi-show run? 

It's been 11 years since their Ryman show, and artists like Sturgill Simpson and Jason Isbell have done MULTIPLE multi-night runs there, so why not the boys?
Would empty all my piggy banks for this and drive south down 65 grinning like an idiot.

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: ellisintransit on Jul 11, 2017, 12:27 AM
http://www.nashvillescene.com/music/spin/article/20867008/my-morning-jacket-and-margo-price-transcend-at-ascend

^Review and photos from Nashville Scene^ 

Loved this:  "everywhere we looked, we saw smiling faces blissed out in the sea of sound, and every so often we just closed our eyes and smiled, soaking it in."

Me too.  SO MANY HIGH FIVES AT THIS SHOW, down in the pit at least.

The pit was rocking!  I rocked out the whole show at the back of the pit with my daughter and a great guy named Shane who I met earlier that night. Sooooo many friendly faces and there was a great sense of community.

justbcuzido

Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

SplatSplatSplat

It was an OK show. Setlist started out pretty crazy and then quickly devolved into a rather bland outing overall, save Just One Thing.  I'm disappointed we got 2 covers even if they were the band basically covering the band (Carried Away, State of the Art) in lieu of War Begun and IWSYS. Especially since they could've probably played 2 or 3 songs in the time it took them to jam out both CA and SotA. All this is not to say i didn't have a great time or that the show was bad, it was far from it. They sounded great, looked to be having a blast, but it just wasn't all that either. I've seen them play better sets and I've seen them play worse. One of those.

Oh and yes, they should absolutely play a different set every night.  It's not even a debate.
You need it.  That's for sure.

MMJCOBRA

Disagree completely. One of my favorite shows I've seen and the band was on fire. As the review put it, I was blissed out completely.

dontgetupset

Quote from: SplatSplatSplat on Jul 27, 2017, 11:06 PM
It was an OK show. Setlist started out pretty crazy and then quickly devolved into a rather bland outing overall, save Just One Thing.  I'm disappointed we got 2 covers even if they were the band basically covering the band (Carried Away, State of the Art) in lieu of War Begun and IWSYS. Especially since they could've probably played 2 or 3 songs in the time it took them to jam out both CA and SotA. All this is not to say i didn't have a great time or that the show was bad, it was far from it. They sounded great, looked to be having a blast, but it just wasn't all that either. I've seen them play better sets and I've seen them play worse. One of those.

Oh and yes, they should absolutely play a different set every night.  It's not even a debate.

Love to see "senior members" that acknowledge this as being The Truth :)

MMJCOBRA

Eh..may have to agree to disagree as I don't want to be argumentative. I do understand the desire to turn MMJ into the Dead as far as setlist variation but they've really never been that type of band so that could be an unfair criticism. This is coming from someone that has seen them over 35 times.

I do try to critique them on performance and I thought they slayed it in Nashville but if course, that is subjective. Love the mahgheeta opener, just one thing (personal white whale), great wonderful then carried away. Everything after that was just gravy. The pit was eating it up.