Roll Call--Nashville 7/7/17

Started by Clarkwork, Mar 14, 2017, 11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johdhayw

Quote from: whodonit2u on Jun 21, 2017, 11:43 AM
1. Mr. and Mrs. Clarkwork!
2. YimYodd + Yuls
3. easy way & Mrs. easy way (aka: Windeon)
4. Pesh
5. rmpotsy + 3
6. Mr. & Mrs. Musgrove
7. johdhayw + Mrs. johdhayw + 2
8. DayDrinkin + 1
9. rjlemons + 1
10. Mr. White + 1
11. unravelled  (mmjcobra) +3 up in the pit!!!
12. DaydreamNation
13. GreenEarth +1
14. bonzai +1
15. LBSUNFLWR +1
16. mrs & mr louisvilledanahys +2
17. Littlejimfromxavier +3
18. Emotion Detector +2
19. Woldie & Sarah
20. EMB1528 +1 (Maddi)
21. Fully and friend
22. sillyboob & wife
23. Zutroy
24. Jimmy E +2
25. ellisintransit (pittin' it up)
26. Mike D + 2
27. Mbayzer +1 (we've got lawn but looking for friends in the pit)
28. Whodonit2u +1 (102, Row F)
29. Haywood and The Boss

MikeR1390

1. Mr. and Mrs. Clarkwork!
2. YimYodd + Yuls
3. easy way & Mrs. easy way (aka: Windeon)
4. Pesh
5. rmpotsy + 3
6. Mr. & Mrs. Musgrove
7. johdhayw + Mrs. johdhayw + 2
8. DayDrinkin + 1
9. rjlemons + 1
10. Mr. White + 1
11. unravelled  (mmjcobra) +3 up in the pit!!!
12. DaydreamNation
13. GreenEarth +1
14. bonzai +1
15. LBSUNFLWR +1
16. mrs & mr louisvilledanahys +2
17. Littlejimfromxavier +3
18. Emotion Detector +2
19. Woldie & Sarah
20. EMB1528 +1 (Maddi)
21. Fully and friend
22. sillyboob & wife
23. Zutroy
24. Jimmy E +2
25. ellisintransit (pittin' it up)
26. Mike D + 2
27. Mbayzer +1 (we've got lawn but looking for friends in the pit)
28. Whodonit2u +1 (102, Row F)
29. Haywood and The Boss
30. Miker1390 + 3

Will be celebrating my pop's birthday and first show for him after I introduced him to MMJ at Red Rocks last year.

Shameless plug for my brother's (fellow jacket fan) BBQ truck in east nashville, The Gambling Stick. Stop by and get yourself some Q before the show!

Mbayzer

Looking for a general admission PIT or lawn ticket! Pm me please if you have an extra

LBSUNFLWR

This is going to be the show of the tour!! :)

DaFunkyPrecedent

Make sure everyone gets there in time for Margo Price.

If anyone is coming to town and looking for some good spots:

BBQ:
Martins - best meat in town, imo. The Wings w/ Alabama Sauce are to die for.
Eldey's - best sides in town, imo. The grits, the greens and the baked beans are all amazing.
G'z BBQ - it's on the East Side, it's more of a hole in the wall, but great ribs, great pork shoulder.

Bars / Food (near venue):
Bar Sovereign - new(ish) bar. Kinda become a hot spot lately, but great spot for good cocktails. Lots of funky decorations / great music.
ACME Feed & Seed - kinda a tourist trap, but love their rooftop over the river. and it's right next to the venue.
Pinewood Social - bowling ally, cocktail lounge, dinner, outside pool all in one. Cool spot...you'll run up a bill, but always have a good time there.
Oak Bar in Hermitage Hotel - this place is for your whiskey / bourbon drinkers. Downtown, bottom of the hermitage. an amazing selection, an amazing bathroom and amazing service to top it off. 

Late Nite Eats:
- Dinos. This is a staple on the east side. A diner / bar - great fries, cold beer and great tunes.
- Hermitage Cafe - breakfast diner kinda downtown...nothing fancy, not even that good, but somehow I always end up here.
- Crying Wolf - serves up food till midnight. Tater tots, burgers, etc.

See ya'll here.
God damn those shaky knees.

LBSUNFLWR

Thanks for all the tips!

We got a Martin's in Louisville a few months ago too! We go there more than we should. It was recommended to me and we ate there in Nashville a few times in the last few years. They make a great cheeseburger too if you're ever there and not feeling like BBQ.  :thumbsup:

rusty95

Been a long time since I've been on the forum.  Do you guys still meet up pre show for drinks? 

Add me +1, I tried copying and pasting, didn't work.
Y'all got any disco ball back there?

LBSUNFLWR

According to the weather channel:
92 degrees at 6 PM
15% chance of Rain from 7-8 PM
45% chance of rain 9 PM- Midnight

there is no cover at this venue. so a hat or raincoat would be a good idea.

Mr. White

Quote from: rusty95 on Jul 06, 2017, 09:03 AM
Been a long time since I've been on the forum.  Do you guys still meet up pre show for drinks? 

Add me +1, I tried copying and pasting, didn't work.

"MMJ Pre-show Party Benefiting the Waterfall Project
Public · Hosted by Jacktivists
Friday, July 7 at 2 PM - 7 PM CDT
HQ Beercade Nashville
WALKING DISTANCE FROM THE ASCEND AMPHITHEATER!
The owners of Beercade just happen to be big Jacket fans and are graciously and generously donating 20% of proceeds from the party to the Waterfall Project; beneficiaries being Fairness Campaign, Everytown (for gun safety), and Healthcare Now.
Eat, drink, and DO GOOD!
Cause
Free Admission
Charity"
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

MMJCOBRA

Can't wait!  Any early admission?

DaydreamNation

Had a scary few hours where I thought I wasn't going to make this show and had even tried to sell my ticket...but a wonderful friend came through with an assist so I'll see yall tomorrow! Don't think I'll make early entry so I'll be towards the back of the pit but that's A-OK with me!

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
11/11/23  11/10/23  11/9/23  11/7/23  10/29/22  11/2/21  7/7/17  6/22/17  10/27/16  5/13/16  5/12/16

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: DaydreamNation on Jul 06, 2017, 02:11 PM
Had a scary few hours where I thought I wasn't going to make this show and had even tried to sell my ticket...but a wonderful friend came through with an assist so I'll see yall tomorrow! Don't think I'll make early entry so I'll be towards the back of the pit but that's A-OK with me!

SWEEEEEEET!!

DaydreamNation

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Jul 06, 2017, 03:41 PM
Quote from: DaydreamNation on Jul 06, 2017, 02:11 PM

SWEEEEEEET!!
Yeah no kidding!!
11/11/23  11/10/23  11/9/23  11/7/23  10/29/22  11/2/21  7/7/17  6/22/17  10/27/16  5/13/16  5/12/16

rkwedge

Everyone have a great time tonight. Looking forward to reports, pics, and videos. I think is going to be a killer show.  :thumbsup:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Zutroy

Which of these places would be the best for a post show drink?

Bar Sovereign - new(ish) bar. Kinda become a hot spot lately, but great spot for good cocktails. Lots of funky decorations / great music.
ACME Feed & Seed - kinda a tourist trap, but love their rooftop over the river. and it's right next to the venue.
Pinewood Social - bowling ally, cocktail lounge, dinner, outside pool all in one. Cool spot...you'll run up a bill, but always have a good time there.
Oak Bar in Hermitage Hotel - this place is for your whiskey / bourbon drinkers. Downtown, bottom of the hermitage. an amazing selection, an amazing bathroom and amazing service to top it off. 

LBSUNFLWR

Yeah I really love this venue!! I have been there for 2 nights of Widespread Panic and 2 nights of Phish but have never seen MMJ there! :) ! :)

so excited!

DaydreamNation

Odds of an OBH opener like the last time they were in Nashville??  :cheesy: :cheesy: :cool:

Hell, if they just played the setlist from the 2015 Nashville show I'd be very happy. Wasn't there but wow looks like it was quite the set

Megillah

Quote from: Zutroy on Jul 07, 2017, 07:35 AM

It really depends on the kind of bar you're into, these are all pretty different. ACME has multiple levels, but is right on lower Broadway, the main touristy strip, and is always packed. Most bars on lower Broadway will be crowded and have some live music going on though. Where are you staying?

LBSUNFLWR

Heat is up, Rain chances down!

5:00 pm

Fri
Sunny 89° 95°
 0%
52% W 7 mph 

6:00 pm

Fri
Sunny 88° 94°
 0%
54% WSW 7 mph 

7:00 pm

Fri
Partly Cloudy 86° 91°
 15%
58% WSW 7 mph 

8:00 pm

Fri
Partly Cloudy 83° 89°
 15%
64% SW 5 mph 

9:00 pm

Fri
Partly Cloudy 81° 86°
 15%
69% SW 4 mph 

10:00 pm

Fri
Partly Cloudy 79° 84°
 15%
74% SW 6 mph 

11:00 pm

Fri
Partly Cloudy 78° 83°
 15%
79% SW 5 mph 

DaFunkyPrecedent

Quote from: Zutroy on Jul 07, 2017, 07:35 AM

Post show drink:

If you want to go to Broadway and do the Honky Tonks...GO TO ROBERTS WESTERN WORLD! this is the crown jewel of Broadway. It shares the alley of The Ryman, and The Ryman's green room door is literally 5 steps from Roberts back door. This has made for many memorable nights at Roberts...I've seen Steve Earle, Gillian Welch, Willie Watson, J.D. Simo, etc all hop up on stage and do a song. It's one of the few places you'll catch locals at on Broadway.

If you want to get out of downtown, I'd head over to the East Side. This is more of your hipster area of town...lots of musicians live here, artists live here, young families.

Couple bars on the East Side:

Dukes (always spinning vinyl - cool hang - make grilled sammies late night)
Mickys (darts, pool, food next door - gets pretty packed on weekends)
Crying Wolf (pool, loud hipster bar, but good scene)
Urban Cowboy (google this...amazing outdoor area, fire pit, craft cocktails, all around cool hang)
Bar Rosemarry (new bar, in a craftsmen style home - never been, but heard it's rad)

If you want to just go to an area...tell your cab driver to "take you to 5 Points" and wonder around. theres an amazing pizza slice joint "5 Points Pizza", numerous bars, etc. you'll be able to find a spot you like.
God damn those shaky knees.