Roll Call--Raleigh 7/9/17

Started by Clarkwork, Mar 14, 2017, 11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justbcuzido

Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

Shuvel55

How do you post a new message on here?

Anyways, I would really love to see Jackson Browne guest for a couple of songs with My Morning Jacket on Friday since Jackson Browne is playing the next night and has no prior commitments.  FINGERS CROSSED.

j

Murph

kintante5

Does anybody know what time they went on and what time they finished?  Have they been playing the standard 2.5 hour sets?

LBSUNFLWR

parkervb

DaFunkyPrecedent

God damn those shaky knees.

parkervb

Quote from: tippitoes22 on Jul 09, 2017, 08:33 PM
Updates-VIA cellphone from a buddy. This is a getting updated as I get em.

MMJ- Raleigh 7/9/17

Circuital
Beats 4 U
Off tha Rekid
Spring
War begun
IWSYS
Compound
Masterplan
AEIOU
Wonderful
New life (Carl on guit & saxamaphone)
Believe
Vic dance
Lay low>(jim guitar jam)
Mags

E
Wordless
Touch prt 1
Touch prt 2
OBH

they also cut Tropics from the start of the Encore

Lonndown27

i know people get annoyed at me for saying this, but I hate songs being cut. This is the greatest band in the world with the best discography in the world, we gotta hear all that was intended on the night, I believe.

They should find venues more on the outskirts of these towns with no curfew. For example: SLC, you play the Complex there's a 10:30 curfew, but if you play Saltair out in Magna by the lake, there's NO curfew. That's why they originally scheduled the show for Saltair, I believe. Sadly it didn't come to fruition.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

DaFunkyPrecedent

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Jul 10, 2017, 04:48 PM
i know people get annoyed at me for saying this, but I hate songs being cut. This is the greatest band in the world with the best discography in the world, we gotta hear all that was intended on the night, I believe.

They should find venues more on the outskirts of these towns with no curfew. For example: SLC, you play the Complex there's a 10:30 curfew, but if you play Saltair out in Magna by the lake, there's NO curfew. That's why they originally scheduled the show for Saltair, I believe. Sadly it didn't come to fruition.

you sure about that? believe it's a 11PM curfew there.
God damn those shaky knees.

kintante5

I'm  being told there is a 10 pm curfew for Vermont as well.  Im concerned it's going to be a a watered down set

CountSA

I don't think these early curfews are really causing them to just play "the hits".  They are starting earlier and ending earlier, that is all.

pjfan04101

10pm curfew in Portland tomorrow night too. I'm just hoping they are on stage by 8, so we we least get 2hrs.

APR

The guitar jam after Lay Low was pretty heavy and long.  We were trying to figure out if it was a cover (Soundgarden ish as per people around me).  I was hoping it was going to be a new song. 

Carl crushed in on Masterplan.

midwesterner

Every venue has a curfew so they could run into that problem anywhere. I would rather they just drop the opener and play longer. Also the Cincinnati show was a lot more than just the hits. Not sure why after Cincinnati they basically have gone away from covers and more towards a standard set.

Stoutmonster

Only issue I saw with the show was the setlist construction.  Started off great with the first few tunes through OTR, but there were just too many slow songs strung together in the meat of the show and it didn't have any real flow.

I didn't mind too much because there were several that I love and hadn't seen live before, but I think they kinda lost some of the more casual fans and people who were there mainly for GCJ.  Hopefully they all stayed until the end, because Victory Dance through the rest was hot fire.  Lay Low is my favorite song, so it was awesome to hear such a jammed version.  Could've just ended it there really.  Show really could have used that Magheetah or I'm Amazed or something sandwiched in between some of the earlier slower tunes.

parkervb

bdhstprdgy

Quote from: tippitoes22 on Jul 09, 2017, 08:33 PM
Updates-VIA cellphone from a buddy. This is a getting updated as I get em.

MMJ- Raleigh 7/9/17

Circuital
Beats 4 U
Off tha Rekid
Spring
War begun
IWSYS
Compound
Masterplan
AEIOU
Wonderful
New life (Carl on guit & saxamaphone)
Believe
Vic dance
Lay low>(jim guitar jam)
Mags

E
Wordless
Touch prt 1
Touch prt 2
OBH

Uh, you guys, I think I'm his buddy with a cell phone.