Tickets sold out incredibly fast...what's the deal?

Started by superfrodies, Mar 14, 2017, 11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superfrodies

I was trying to get tickets for the Charlotte show on 7/8. 25 minutes after RC tickets went on sale both the pit and the entire next level of reserved seats was sold out! How is this even possible? Is there truly that many MMJ diehards in Charlotte or are bots buying all the tickets?

I'm stoked I got GA lawn tickets and that I'm gonna get to go, but kind of thought my RC membership would at least ensure that I could get a decent ticket   :cry:

louisvilledanahys

I think there are just a limited number they make available to RC.

Hoping for better luck with Nashville tix.  I know the tix we got through RC for JJ at the Palace were not nearly as good as the tickets my brother in law got in the general sale.

Good problems to have.

bhyman

The Uptown Amphitheater in CLT is tiny. I think max capacity is listed at 5,000, but it feels like maybe 3,000 is more realistic. I don't think there is a bad seat in the house either, even on the lawn which is really close to the stage. I suspect Wonderful Union had a very small number of tix for the Roll Call presale.

I got lucky and got pit. But you know, last time I saw MMJ there I had a decent seat and never once visited it during the show. I wandered around and eventually found a nice spot Carl-side next to the stage. It is a really intimate venue and probably why it sold out the presale so fast.

superfrodies

Quote from: bhyman on Mar 14, 2017, 11:45 AM
The Uptown Amphitheater in CLT is tiny. I think max capacity is listed at 5,000, but it feels like maybe 3,000 is more realistic. I don't think there is a bad seat in the house either, even on the lawn which is really close to the stage. I suspect Wonderful Union had a very small number of tix for the Roll Call presale.

I got lucky and got pit. But you know, last time I saw MMJ there I had a decent seat and never once visited it during the show. I wandered around and eventually found a nice spot Carl-side next to the stage. It is a really intimate venue and probably why it sold out the presale so fast.

Great to hear. God I'm so stoked to know that. I've never been (flying in from Mpls) so I had now idea the size was so small. Can't wait!!

bhyman

Yes, very small venue. The lawn is only about 15-20 rows from the stage.

YimYodd

Quote from: louisvilledanahys on Mar 14, 2017, 11:42 AM
I think there are just a limited number they make available to RC.

Hoping for better luck with Nashville tix.  I know the tix we got through RC for JJ at the Palace were not nearly as good as the tickets my brother in law got in the general sale.

Good problems to have.
I tried right at 10 for pit in Cincy - SOLD OUT in seconds. I did get 101 Row B so happy with that.
Then at 10 CT I got 2 pit at Nashville -figured those would be gone even more quickly.
Good luck to all with general sale!
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

louisvilledanahys

You beat me.  We got Row F.  I made it to the show they did here in 2011 and it seemed pretty small.  Can't wait.

millerjustin

the band typically only gets 10% or less, then the venue holds about the same amount back for their presale...
What's in here won't disappear

johnnYYac

Generally, I find the tix available for Roll Call presales tend to SUCK, unless you're lucky.  Based on the number of disappointed RC members, its a shame MMJ/management can't secure more good tix for their RC fans. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

slappymoe

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 15, 2017, 04:26 PM
Generally, I find the tix available for Roll Call presales tend to SUCK, unless you're lucky.  Based on the number of disappointed RC members, its a shame MMJ/management can't secure more good tix for their RC fans. 
i've had great luck with roll call....until this time.   i've always had the deluxe membership, though.  i wasn't going to bother with the digital but my buddy offered to pay the $15, so i caved.

tried the amex presale for cincy this morning and, as expected, pulled much better seats easily. didn't want the hassle of trying to unload the 4 i already had, so i passed. lesson learned.

MMJCOBRA

I've usually gotten primo seats through roll call several times and gotten tix to small venues as well. I know roll call has had its issues with tickets but I've been EXTREMELY happy.

Really hope they don't deep six the fan club altogether.

Emotion Detector

Woke up today and happened to look at tickets for Raleigh and Charlotte on Ticketmaster. Both venues are offering presale tickets for Citi Card members; I was able to get GA for both shows no problem. So, if you have a Citi Card definitely give that route a try.

Lonndown27

the deal is that this band is getting bigger and bigger hahah im glad you still got tickets though superfrodies
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018