Roll Call - Mass MoCA - 08/12/17

Started by bonzai, Mar 16, 2017, 02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhurley8

Thanks O! Hoping we get an epic show for the last show of the summer for the lads.

Just booked Historic Valley Campground for the night for 4 of us(two Jacket first timers)

Anyone else booked to stay there or stayed there in the past? Looks close to the venue and a decent spot.

Lonndown27

3 HOUR SHOW! 3 HOUR SHOW! COME ON JACKET BOYS!

I know I hate the curfews...they seem to literally alter the songs themselves, certain intros aren't as long, certain solos get to the point quicker and then are done before the orgasm, etc upon etc and I cannot stand it anymore. I hate the curfews
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Mhurley8

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Jul 20, 2017, 06:34 PM

I know I hate the curfews...they seem to literally alter the songs themselves, certain intros aren't as long, certain solos get to the point quicker and then are done before the orgasm, etc upon etc and I cannot stand it anymore. I hate the curfews

Completely agree. You could tell the curfew in Queens was messing with them. Cut short the AEIOU solo and no Jam on Touch Me Part 2 that they have been doing recently were just the ones that stood out.

Lonndown27

Quote from: Mhurley8 on Jul 20, 2017, 06:38 PM

Completely agree. You could tell the curfew in Queens was messing with them. Cut short the AEIOU solo and no Jam on Touch Me Part 2 that they have been doing recently were just the ones that stood out.

look for them to try out new concert ideas that may get away from the curfew thing. For example: Saltair, out in Magna outside of Salt Lake right on the shore of the Salt Lake, has no curfew. But in town, at the Complex where they switched venues to for some reason in 2015, the curfew is 10:00 so they were doing a 2 hour 7 minute show. It was a fantastic fucking show but you could sense they were cramped by the curfew and were feeling like they were only getting started, more than getting outta town. It was odd. I could definitely feel that from the recordings of this tour, where they get to the venue and realize the curfew they've ran themselves into. It would suck as a musician with a discography that vast and a set of great fans that big who follow them city to city. I hope they can find their groove again, even though these shows were powerful, they could've been a bit longer.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Woody

Big time. Even the Phone could've gone longer and Jim rushed off stage when it ended. Jumped right into OBH after Touch Me ended abruptly. Fantastic show otherwise!

millerjustin

Quote from: Woody on Jul 21, 2017, 10:15 AM

Big time. Even the Phone could've gone longer and Jim rushed off stage when it ended. Jumped right into OBH after Touch Me ended abruptly. Fantastic show otherwise!

the TM2 was cut due to tech issues (omnicord wasn't pre-set so beginning and end drastically cut)  curfew did have a bit of an impact on song placement and length
What's in here won't disappear

Lynchie

Still trying to decide if I'm gonna goto Mass MOCA or down to Long Island for my buddy's annual summer bash in Long Beach. If it's beach weather I'll most likely head to LI, if it's not I'll most likely stay here in Ma. and head to North Adams.

oistheone

Anyone heading west after the show? Would happily and heartily contribute for a ride to Williamstown!!

nocode4

I have a spare preferred ticket. Let me know if you are interested and we can arrange an exchange.

Lynchie

Quote from: nocode4 on Aug 03, 2017, 05:52 PM
I have a spare preferred ticket. Let me know if you are interested and we can arrange an exchange.
what kind of preference does one get with this ticket?

ericm

PM sent.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

Lonndown27

Quote from: Lynchie on Aug 03, 2017, 05:54 PM

free weed hahahah

CountSA

Quote from: Lynchie on Aug 03, 2017, 05:54 PM

Preferred is for the first 5 rows or so, according to the box office person I spoke with a couple months back.

ericm

1. bonsai
2.  Millerjustin & the Mrs. (45 minutes from our house!)
3. CountSA
4. Leadbass +1
5. ericm
"Where's Jim going?"

johnnYYac

Quote from: ericm on Aug 04, 2017, 01:10 PM
1. bonsai
3. CountSA
4. Leadbass +1
5. ericm
Man, I would love to be in North Adams with Justin & Jennifer, Eric, and John for a MMJ show...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ericm

Quote from: johnnYYac on Aug 04, 2017, 02:24 PM
1. bonsai
3. CountSA
4. Leadbass +1
5. ericm
Man, I would love to be in North Adams with Justin & Jennifer, Eric, and John for a MMJ show...

Ahh man, right back at ya John.   :beer: 

It didn't work out this little run of shows but I have no doubt next tour we'll be rocking a show or two together again and hopefully even more than that. :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

Woody

I have a friend that can't make this show so he has 4 preferred tickets to sell. Let me know if interested. Face value, of course.

millerjustin

Quote from: johnnYYac on Aug 04, 2017, 02:24 PM
1. bonsai
3. CountSA
4. Leadbass +1
5. ericm

Yac - right back at ya buddy
What's in here won't disappear

whiskeyknits

Quote from: Woody on Aug 08, 2017, 09:55 AM
I have a friend that can't make this show so he has 4 preferred tickets to sell. Let me know if interested. Face value, of course.

Woody, I'm interested! let's chat!

Woody

Quote from: Woody on Aug 08, 2017, 09:55 AM

Tickets have been sold.