Roll Call - Mass MoCA - 08/12/17

Started by bonzai, Mar 16, 2017, 02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkwedge

Have fun tonight everybody! May be the last time the boys play together until that epic 3 nights in Bloomfield. (Yes I'm predicting epic) :thumbsup:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

songa72

Sorry for the late notice. I have an extra preferred ticket for tonight's show.  I'll be headed into the venue in about 30-45 minutes.  I can meet at/around the venue.  Face value of course.

oistheone

Is anyone swinging through Williamstown on route to the show? Will pay big $$ for a ride to Mass MOCA!!

CountSA

3 songs into the Districts the show has been paused due to lightning...

DrunkFish

Rain rain go away

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I'm going where there ain't no need to escape from what is only spirits at ease

kintante5

Are we going to get an hour set or are they going to play a long set Ito the night?

Vanlinc

Wtf is this show ever going to happen?

kintante5

Vanlinc

Finally 10:40 and we're in. On with the show 😁

rdylanoconnor

Give peace a chance
Circuital
I'm amazed
Spring
Tropics
Wonderful
Iwsys

rdylanoconnor

Give peace a chance
Circuital
I'm amazed
Spring
Tropics
Wonderful
Iwsys
Compound
Victory
Wordless
Otr
Part II

ericm

Like everyone else I'm sure, a bit bummed the weather cut into the set length but kudos to the band and everyone for sticking it out and rocking what we eventually did get. :beer: Loved the opener and closer reprise. Very cool of them to bring The Districts out for the opener after having their show cut short  :cool: and I couldn't help but look around during GPAC and all I saw were huge smiles and people singing their asses off. Definitely a moment I won't forget.

Thankfully we had an amazing museum to check out for a few hours, while taking shelter from the rain and lightning. It definitely took some of the disappointment away for me and helped the time pass. Some really great exhibits in there.

Great to see so many familiar faces last night, and all of you are super tough. I dug the positive energy,and we're sticking it out attitude. Hell, I think we all would've stood out there for the show even in that downpour if it wasn't for the damn lightning putting the kabosh on everything. Here's to never hearing people cheer lightning strikes ever again!  :wink:   :beer: (What was that anyway? Did they not get THAT was what was keeping the show from starting)

After all is said and done, looking back, I'll get a kick out of remembering the groans from those in the crowd who knew the lightning clock had to reset every time there was a strike. It was Sopranos like in "just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in again".  :grin: Definitely a memorable night even if not what we all hoped for.

Can't wait for Broomfield and seeing you all and many others again.  Thanks for being great people to hang with and ride that night out together and thanks to the band for not bailing. (Never for a second thought they would) :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

Varitek

"Did he just put on a cape?"

rkwedge

Quote from: Varitek on Aug 13, 2017, 11:38 AM
Nicely done ericm. 
Yes very nicely done. This is the reason I go to OBH, hanging out with people like this, and only people like this for 4-5 days. Sorry you all had weather cut this short but from the few pictures I've seen of the crowd, it looked like fun was being had by all. Here's to all you hearty fans. :beer:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

CountSA

Quote from: ericm on Aug 13, 2017, 09:14 AM
Like everyone else I'm sure, a bit bummed the weather cut into the set length but kudos to the band and everyone for sticking it out and rocking what we eventually did get. :beer: Loved the opener and closer reprise. Very cool of them to bring The Districts out for the opener after having their show cut short  :cool: and I couldn't help but look around during GPAC and all I saw were huge smiles and people singing their asses off. Definitely a moment I won't forget.

Thankfully we had an amazing museum to check out for a few hours, while taking shelter from the rain and lightning. It definitely took some of the disappointment away for me and helped the time pass. Some really great exhibits in there.

Great to see so many familiar faces last night, and all of you are super tough. I dug the positive energy,and we're sticking it out attitude. Hell, I think we all would've stood out there for the show even in that downpour if it wasn't for the damn lightning putting the kabosh on everything. Here's to never hearing people cheer lightning strikes ever again!  :wink:   :beer: (What was that anyway? Did they not get THAT was what was keeping the show from starting)

After all is said and done, looking back, I'll get a kick out of remembering the groans from those in the crowd who knew the lightning clock had to reset every time there was a strike. It was Sopranos like in "just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in again".  :grin: Definitely a memorable night even if not what we all hoped for.

Can't wait for Broomfield and seeing you all and many others again.  Thanks for being great people to hang with and ride that night out together and thanks to the band for not bailing. (Never for a second thought they would) :beer:

Spot on recap Eric!

The best way to describe last night was surreal. Having an an incredible museum to kill time in and the optimism and energy/vibe amongst the fans willing to wait out the delay in hopes of the boys eventually taking the stage, was amazing. 

Out of the 500 or so shows I've been to in my life The Give Peace A Chance cover will definitely go down as one of my favorite concert moments ever.  It was a special moment to say the least and alone was well worh the 2h45min drive both ways and 2+hour rain delay.

I'm bummed I won't make it out for NYE or OBH, thus likely wrapping up The Waterfall live era for me - in that time I saw 12 MMJ shows (Boston Calling, Orpheum Boston x2, Beacon x4, Red Rocks x2, Portland ME, Forest Hills, Mass MoCA) 2 JJ solo shows, 2 Carl shows (one with whole band minus Jim), 1 Ray Lamontagne show, and one hell of a ride with good times I'll never forget.