Roll Call - Mass MoCA - 08/12/17

Started by bonzai, Mar 16, 2017, 02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bonzai

No thread for Mass MoCA in North Adams, MA yet?

1. bonzai

oistheone

Where is everyone staying for this show? Contemplating hitting this show after Peach but a little leery that all available accommodations seem like quite a hike. Don't want to get stranded!!

millerjustin

1. bonsai
2.  Millerjustin & the Mrs. (45 minutes from our house!)
What's in here won't disappear

CountSA

1. bonsai
3. CountSA

CountSA

I got the "Preferred" seats for this, I called the Box Office yesterday and they said it's reserved for the first 5 rows or so.

dr_trousers

Quote from: CountSA on Mar 16, 2017, 08:34 PM
1. bonsai
3. CountSA

Plus Dr. and Mrs. Trousers.

We are staying at the HJ in Willianstown. A bit of a drive, but not too bad.

dr_trousers

Quote from: millerjustin on Mar 16, 2017, 04:37 PM
1. bonsai

BTW, the wife and I said hi to you at check in at OBH3

beardedwonder

Quote from: CountSA on Mar 17, 2017, 10:47 AM
I got the "Preferred" seats for this, I called the Box Office yesterday and they said it's reserved for the first 5 rows or so.

Great Intel. We got preferred too but had no idea what that meant. Thank you.

Beardedwonder + wife
"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"

dr_trousers

Quote from: beardedwonder on Mar 19, 2017, 04:17 PM
Quote from: CountSA on Mar 17, 2017, 10:47 AM

Great Intel. We got preferred too but had no idea what that meant. Thank you.

Beardedwonder + wife

Too funny. We did the same thing. I had no idea what it was, but I figured what's 20 extra bucks. Glad I did.

bigloop

As a Solid Sound veteran, I couldn't be more excited for MMJ at this venue. It's absolutely one of my favorite places to see a show. Get there early and have your mind blown by the modern art museum in the old factory before your mind is blown by our favorite band!

As for places to stay, we've always gotten by with camping. There are some great places nearby, just gotta poke around. Historic Valley campground is right in town, and beautiful Savoy is up the road by 25 minutes or so.

Danger bird

Camping at Historic Valley Campground on Windsor Lake in North Adams is excellent. Also close by is camping at Clarksburg State Forrest, next town north of North Adams and a short drive.
More camping options in the surrounding area, some within a half hour drive. Holiday Inn and The Porches inn bookend Mass MoCA but hurry to book there. Several good places to eat in North Adams close to MoCA too.

beardedwonder

Bummer, looks like we missed out on the Porches. Looks like a nice place.

We will be coming from a brief stint in Woodstock NY. Hoping for a decent BnB for Aug 12th. 
"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"

bonzai

I also got preferred tickets. I called right after pre-sale started, as there was no online option yet. Since I was already calling, I also confirmed preferred was the area directly in front of the stage (as compared something close, but off to the side). I bought two just because. Why not? I might be able to offer the second to one of you.

Camping might be a good idea. I am kinda close, but not close enough where I feel comfortable driving alone (upwards of 2 hours). Maybe we can all do the same campground?

spacewolf

I have 2 GA (not preferred) for sale if anyone needs them.

millerjustin

Quote from: spacewolf on Apr 18, 2017, 03:18 PM
I have 2 GA (not preferred) for sale if anyone needs them.

this is a roll call people
What's in here won't disappear

Leadbass

1. bonsai
3. CountSA
4. Leadbass +1

Mhurley8

Quote from: Leadbass on Apr 19, 2017, 02:16 PM
1. bonsai
3. CountSA
4. Leadbass +1

Mhurley8 + brother and brother in law, cant wait!

Still deciding where but we are going to Camp for the night. There are a few great places in the area! Should be a nice little weekend in the Berkshires!

oistheone

Does anyone have an extra preferred ticket I could buy?? Looking for two ideally, but I'll take what I can get.

EDIT - Got' em. Thanks!

Still looking for tips on where to stay though!

Mhurley8

Does anyone know if there is a curfew? Last show of the summer for the boys, wouldn't hate a 3 hour plus set.

I had a blast a Forest Hills Saturday and thought they were unbelievable as always but you could tell they were rushed and the strict 10 curfew was on there minds.

oistheone

Quote from: Mhurley8 on Jul 19, 2017, 11:24 AM
Does anyone know if there is a curfew? Last show of the summer for the boys, wouldn't hate a 3 hour plus set.

I had a blast a Forest Hills Saturday and thought they were unbelievable as always but you could tell they were rushed and the strict 10 curfew was on there minds.

Wilco has played past 11 as recently as the last Solid Sound fest, so I'm hopeful we could get a barnburner!