Charlotte - July 8th roll call

Started by hoojack, Mar 13, 2017, 05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kellye226

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTVhSEHa6Ow
Full show video. Hope its ok to post a link.
My first time here.
First MMJ show the other night, long time listener.
Had a great time despite the weather. Great show, great band
Want to echo the sentiments about Sturgill the night before. A very stranger show, no interaction with crowd, you could tell he was very angry, abruptly quit 95 minutes in.

Stoutmonster

Ha, just saw the Sturgill comments in here. Saw him Saturday in Cary and he mentioned multiple things about being aggravated in Charlotte about how people were upset about him not having the horns. I can understand that, but it was known prior to this tour it wouldn't be so not sure why it would surprise anyone.

And he's never done an encore, at least not when I've ever seen him. Was a solid show, obviously it's not comparable to something like a MMJ show. But good for what it was.

Lonndown27

btw, that ending jam on I'm Amazed after Jim's solo

IS SO FUCKING AWESOME !!!!!!!

EVERYONE LISTEN!!!!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

soxnation90

FYI, I was informed by Live Nation today that there have been numerous inquiries about a partial refund/credit from last Saturday's show and it is taking them longer to process the requests than usual because of the volume of these requests. To be continued...

In regards to Sturgill, I read a review from his show in Cary the night after Charlotte that said he explained he doesn't do encores because he thinks its a silly ritual and a waste of time so he's just going to stay on stage and rock.

MMJTX

I can kind of get behind that. But it didn't seem like the end of a show when he ended. if you're not gonna do an encore you better end with a good finale
Anytime

Stoutmonster

According to the setlist he ended with Call to Arms and then a jam into Freddie King's going down just like the next night.  I'm not sure he has anything better than that for a finale.