Roll Call - Portland - July11

Started by pjfan04101, Mar 20, 2017, 04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjfan04101

I may be the only one to comment on this thread, but I'm damn excited to see the boys in my hometown again.  Will be a beautiful spot for a show. 

1. pjfan04101

millerjustin

1. pjfan04101
2. millerjustin & the Mrs (and the kids!)  Stocking up on Bissell Brothers
What's in here won't disappear

mahg33ta

mahg33ta - maybe with wife and kids

beardedwonder

beardedwonder & friend

Never been to this venue. Looking forward to finally seeing Gary Clark Jr too. 
"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"

CountSA

I really wish this show was on a weekend but I'm sure I'll end up making the trek anyways.

pjfan04101

With regards to Bissell Bros....hopefully they'll switch over to different hours come summertime. As it stands now, they aren't open on Tuesdays.

CTdeadhead

Lynchie

APR

1. pjfan04101
3. mahg33ta - maybe with wife and kids
4. beardedwonder and friend
5. CTDeadhead
6. Lynchie
7. APR + Mrs. APR

We've never been to Maine so those in the know....please recommend things to do and places to eat in and around Portland.  I'm all ears.  We'll have most of the day Tuesday and all day Wednesday to explore. 

CountSA

Quote from: APR on Jun 22, 2017, 09:56 AM
1. pjfan04101
5. CTDeadhead
6. Lynchie
7. APR + Mrs. APR

We've never been to Maine so those in the know....please recommend things to do and places to eat in and around Portland.  I'm all ears.  We'll have most of the day Tuesday and all day Wednesday to explore. 

If you like seafood, Eventide Oyster.  Their lobster stew is the best thing I've ever eaten in my life.

pjfan04101

1. pjfan04101
5. CTDeadhead
6. Lynchie
7. APR + Mrs. APR

Let me know what you're in to or up for, and I can give you some recommendations.  Plenty of restaurants, breweries, shopping, and all that good stuff. 

I was really hoping Bissell Brothers would have different summer hours, buy no dice.  Closed on Tuesdays :(

millerjustin

Quote from: pjfan04101 on Jun 22, 2017, 01:02 PM
1. pjfan04101
5. CTDeadhead
6. Lynchie
7. APR + Mrs. APR

Let me know what you're in to or up for, and I can give you some recommendations.  Plenty of restaurants, breweries, shopping, and all that good stuff. 

I was really hoping Bissell Brothers would have different summer hours, buy no dice.  Closed on Tuesdays :(

likewise - thankfully a friend that lives just outside Portland will be stocking up for me :)
What's in here won't disappear

APR

1. pjfan04101
5. CTDeadhead
6. Lynchie
7. APR + Mrs. APR

Eventide Oyster sounds great.  We would be up for a good hike or bike ride.....check out the town and surrounding nature, scenery.  Thanks Count and pjfan.

Lynchie

I'm gonna try and leave work around noon. Trying to decide if I'm gonna drive back to Mass after the show and drive to Vt  in the morning or get a room somewhere in NH halfway. Haven't been able to find a good price on a hotel room.

pjfan04101

Quote from: millerjustin on Jun 22, 2017, 02:41 PM
1. pjfan04101
5. CTDeadhead
6. Lynchie
7. APR + Mrs. APR

likewise - thankfully a friend that lives just outside Portland will be stocking up for me :)

That, and a decent amount of bars in Portland have Bissell on tap (along with other great Portland beers)

CountSA

Does anyone know what time the venue curfew is?  I'm trying to figure out logistics for my trip up from Boston.  The website says Door 5PM Show 6PM.  I'm guessing Gary Clark 6 - 7:15 and MMJ from 7:45 - 10?  Also, what is the parking situation like?  There is onsite parking for $20, but if I could park on a side street nearby and save the cash that would be ideal.

pjfan04101

I do believe the curfew is right around 10pm.  So hopefully MMJ are on at least by 8, if not earlier.  As far as parking, yes there are plenty of side streets off of Congress that you could park on.  Just pay attention to the signs, as some don't allow parking on certain sides of the street after a certain time (although you should be fine with the early curfew). 

Lynchie

Getting psyched for tomorrow and Wednesday! Should be rolling into town around 3:30. What's the plan for pre show meet-up??

pjfan04101

Weather is supposed to be a bit messy tomorrow morning, but looks to be clearing up by early afternoon and should be good for show time.  Not sure where I'm going yet.  Salvage BBQ is a nice spot that's not too far from TP.  Good BBQ and a great selection of craft beers.  Slab is having a pre-concert happy hour from 3-5 featuring Sierra Nevada and Sebago beers (which I think is all you can get at TP as well, but I'm not sure).  But they also a ton of other great beers to choose from as well. 

Lynchie