Throwback (When We Were Young) Recording?

Started by Brother Beck, Apr 01, 2017, 11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Beck

Does anybody have or can anyone point me in the direction of a high quality recording of the song Throwback (When We Were Young).....? 

odelljaj

internet archive has recorded shows.  Red rocks last year

Mr. White

Here's an early version on this recording of the Austin City Limits taping. It starts at around 30:45 into it. They sort of mess up the intro and start again.

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

oistheone

ACL is the best quality recording but that Red Rocks version is a SMOKIN' performance.

Praying that this song doesn't get the "Friends Again" treatment and is never heard again. WE NEED A STUDIO RECORDING AND CONSTANT LIVE EXPOSURE!!!

Mr. White

They played it as the very first song of their 2 night run at the Iroquois Amphitheater in Louisville last May 12th. The sound isn't the best but not too bad. Here it is on Internet Archives.

https://archive.org/details/mmj2016-05-12.mk4/mmj2016-05-12t02.flac
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

DaydreamNation

Enjoyed this as the opener at Iroquois. Hope they bust it out again some this summer.
11/11/23  11/10/23  11/9/23  11/7/23  10/29/22  11/2/21  7/7/17  6/22/17  10/27/16  5/13/16  5/12/16

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

MMJTX

Anytime

davymac

I totally forgot about this song.  Agreed- I hope we get a studio version and it doesn't get the Friends Again treatment

Brother Beck

Thank you!  I have to agree - this is a fantastic song, and I hope it doesn't get Friends Again-ed. (Still waiting on that one - one of the main reasons I really hope we get a live album or live album quality Terminal 5 recordings...)

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

MMJTX

Anytime