Port Chester

Started by rmpotsy, Apr 11, 2017, 02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmpotsy

I have night 3, was thinking of using my dl code for one of the other nights.  which should it be?
out go the lights it begins

Varitek

You should have all 3 at some point, each night has something special. If I had to pick I would get night 1.
"Did he just put on a cape?"

rkwedge

Quote from: Varitek on Apr 11, 2017, 03:50 PM
You should have all 3 at some point, each night has something special. If I had to pick I would get night 1.
I agree you need all three nights. Such a special three night run. Red Rocks 2012 both nights and Port Chester 2012 all three nights best soundboard recordings you can get of MMJ.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

millerjustin

Quote from: rkwedge on Apr 11, 2017, 05:10 PM
I agree you need all three nights. Such a special three night run. Red Rocks 2012 both nights and Port Chester 2012 all three nights best soundboard recordings you can get of MMJ.

along with Red Rocks '15 and OBH1 and OBH3.  OBH2 was fraught with tech and wind issues
What's in here won't disappear

Lonndown27

Quote from: millerjustin on Apr 12, 2017, 09:09 AM

along with Red Rocks '15 and OBH1 and OBH3.  OBH2 was fraught with tech and wind issues

i still LOVE LOVE LOVE OBH2 and it will always have a special place in my heart, just look at Conor Oberst stage diving at the apex of the VU's "Rock and Roll" and you cannot deny those three nights. Ride Like The Wind? Jesus, what a wrecking ball of an opener.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

sillyboob

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Apr 12, 2017, 05:50 PM

i still LOVE LOVE LOVE OBH2 and it will always have a special place in my heart, just look at Conor Oberst stage diving at the apex of the VU's "Rock and Roll" and you cannot deny those three nights. Ride Like The Wind? Jesus, what a wrecking ball of an opener.

Ride Like The Wind was so good.  They played it so well, and it was such a cool reference to being in Mexico, not like it was needed, with the wind and the smoke machines and their hair just blowing.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

millerjustin

Quote from: sillyboob on Apr 12, 2017, 10:53 PM

Ride Like The Wind was so good.  They played it so well, and it was such a cool reference to being in Mexico, not like it was needed, with the wind and the smoke machines and their hair just blowing.

Agreed on all points except for Conor, but that just me (and maybe the fact that he kept spitting his beer on us on the rail - and then he wrecked MMJ's set at Forecastle that year by being a drunken confused mess on stage, but hey whatevs lol).  the OBH2 set lists were great, especially the reggae jam wrapped around PWW - only wish Amelia was turned higher in the mix for it (contrasting OBH3 with Holly and Jess sounding PERFECT the whole time - serious chills)
What's in here won't disappear

easy way

Quote from: millerjustin on Apr 13, 2017, 09:01 AM

Agreed on all points except for Conor, but that just me (and maybe the fact that he kept spitting his beer on us on the rail - and then he wrecked MMJ's set at Forecastle that year by being a drunken confused mess on stage, but hey whatevs lol).  the OBH2 set lists were great, especially the reggae jam wrapped around PWW - only wish Amelia was turned higher in the mix for it (contrasting OBH3 with Holly and Jess sounding PERFECT the whole time - serious chills)

Justin... it's not just you.
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

TOOGANS

Not all vocalist are created equally...

Lonndown27

Quote from: TOOGANS on Apr 13, 2017, 10:44 AM

Not all vocalist are created equally...

AHAHAHAAH Toogans comes in at the end with the slamdown ;) Lucius are vocal chord gods!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

btw guys, just my two cents (or fiddy) : I feel like Night #1 of the Capitol Theatre shows was the best, that opening of Heartbreakin with those soaring "ooohh oooohh ahhhhh ahhhh" 's is unbelievable...first time i heard it, it changed that song for me. didn't really like Heartbreakin, especially when the voices are dry and not wet with echo (the echo makes those early tracks, it adds that mysticism), but that version sold me over the river.

SVRDhand13

I was at night 1 and 2 and love them both.  However I'll go night 2 because it includes my favorite Dondante ever.

I had tix to night 3 as well but had to sell them- listened to that show dozens of times. 
10: T5 (At Dawn, Z, Evil Urges) 11: VA, MSG, 2012: BK, Cap Theater 1-2 15: GovBall, XPN, Beacon 2+3

APR

Quote from: SVRDhand13 on Jul 03, 2017, 12:58 PM
I was at night 1 and 2 and love them both.  However I'll go night 2 because it includes my favorite Dondante ever.

I had tix to night 3 as well but had to sell them- listened to that show dozens of times. 

Indeed regarding that Dondante!  My favorite too.  But after the three nights were over, I thought night 3 was the greatest and one of the best shows I have ever seen.  In retrospect by looking at setlists, it's hard to top night 2.  Night 2 I was in the balcony, which was amazing and a great spot to see how they worked the awesome light show along the sides of the venue and on the ceiling.    Night 3 I was lined up early, was right up close in front of Carl and surrounded by cool people.