1st Bank Center (Colorado) NYE Run

Started by fleedawg, Apr 15, 2017, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleedawg

Saw on a from a regular on a string cheese incident board that SCI wasn't doing their normal NYE run in Broomfield bc the venue booked MMJ. Obviously this is online speculation but, if true, I think that venue would be rocking for an MMJ throwdown. Thoughts?

oistheone

Thoughts:

- how many nights
- when does it start
- clearing my schedule accordingly

slappymoe

seems an odd choice :huh:

been hoping for a hometown NYE blowout for years. my concert travel budget is devoted to (hopefully) a nice, warm OBH4, no chance i'd spend any on flying to denver in december.

ericm

Just NYE and I'd have to think on it a little but if it's a 2-3 night stand, I'm definitely there.  :thumbsup:

Ahh hell, who am I kidding? I know I'll be there if it's just NYE too.  :grin:
"Where's Jim going?"

DaydreamNation

Quote from: slappymoe on Apr 16, 2017, 09:49 AM

been hoping for a hometown NYE blowout for years. my concert travel budget is devoted to (hopefully) a nice, warm OBH4, no chance i'd spend any on flying to denver in december.
Hometown NYE run would be great but seems like they're just not interested in that or it would have happened already   :huh:
11/11/23  11/10/23  11/9/23  11/7/23  10/29/22  11/2/21  7/7/17  6/22/17  10/27/16  5/13/16  5/12/16

Lonndown27

PLEASE PLEASE PLEAAAASE MMJ DO THIS!!!! I'LL BE THERE!!! me and my girl were talking about this last night, rkwedge told me a little rumor about this and now im glad it's got its own thread.

This would be a case of : perfect setting, perfect vacation, perfect music etc from my perspective  :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

RobRoy286

Jacket NYE is near the top of my bucket list. If it's happening I'm there.

millerjustin

What's in here won't disappear

walterfredo

disagree, seems like a great/smart/logical choice. Lots of fans in the DEN/CO area, and centrally located in the US.

kintante5

Woody

I heard this weeks ago from a good source so something must be brewing...

Clarkwork

Wish they would announce if OBH 4 was happening or not.  Would make a difference in any plans like this.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

parkervb

Quote from: Clarkwork on Apr 17, 2017, 02:48 PM
Wish they would announce if OBH 4 was happening or not.  Would make a difference in any plans like this.

hence why you probably won't see any announcements about OBH before
Don't you ever turn it off

Clarkwork

Quote from: parkervb on Apr 17, 2017, 02:55 PM

Hopefully they announce and plan it a little better, this year seems like they have no clue what they are planning or doing.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

slappymoe

Quote from: walterfredo on Apr 17, 2017, 01:30 PM

disagree, seems like a great/smart/logical choice. Lots of fans in the DEN/CO area, and centrally located in the US.
i think it's safe to say they have as many if not more fans in the LOU/KY area.  and yeah, it's almost centrally located, but from a population standpoint denver is a lonely island. convenient for a few, quite a trip for most.

and it's a cold and snowy place.

oistheone

Wonder when we'll get word about this? Seem to recall 2008 NYE was announced by June but I don't think Boston NYE was announced until August. Could be a long wait....

teej

Quote from: slappymoe on Apr 17, 2017, 03:39 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on Apr 17, 2017, 01:30 PM

i think it's safe to say they have as many if not more fans in the LOU/KY area.  and yeah, it's almost centrally located, but from a population standpoint denver is a lonely island. convenient for a few, quite a trip for most.

and it's a cold and snowy place.

Louisville is also pretty convenient and near to several shows this summer that those of us further west may not have the opportunity to travel to. The furthest west they are coming this summer is where? Michigan? Denver is a great choice to give the rest of us an opportunity to see them this year.

APR

Exactly!  It's still early so a June announcement like they have done in the past is reasonable.  They could make an announcement for OBH4 before announcing their NYE plans even though OBH is about four weeks later.   

rkwedge

I think I have to agree with "teej" here, nothing even remotely close to the west coast so far this year. Would I like a summer 3 night run at Red Rocks better, yes, but that's not sounding like a possibility. Denever probably isn't any colder then NY or Boston that time of year normally anyway.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

parkervb

Quote from: Clarkwork on Apr 17, 2017, 03:08 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Apr 17, 2017, 02:55 PM

Hopefully they announce and plan it a little better, this year seems like they have no clue what they are planning or doing.

that's an interesting statement. Sure people would like to know if OBH4 is happening or not, but if the band is attempting to book and sell 3 nights at a 6k+ seat venue, they aren't going to step on it by announcing something on the scale of OBH too far in advance. Lots of time and I am sure all questions will be answered but that's easy for me to say since I have no chance of going to CO or Mexico lol
Don't you ever turn it off