1st Bank Center (Colorado) NYE Run

Started by fleedawg, Apr 15, 2017, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logan5ive

Quote from: SplatSplatSplat on Jul 18, 2017, 07:37 PM
Quote from: RastaRunner5 on Jul 16, 2017, 06:27 PM
MSG '08 was announced in June if memory serves

I remember it being around August, but I'm not certain.

June 12th to be exact. :)
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

millerjustin

port chester and NYE '12 announced in Aug with Sept ticketing

plenny of time - they gotta try to sell out OBH4 for the next month, then we will get this announcement
What's in here won't disappear

Clarkwork

What if they just had a hold on the venue in case OBH4 fell through?  I think it's too much chatter not to happen, but just thinking out loud
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

jreed33

Really hoping this gets announced asap. Need something to quell my jealousy after talking to people booking their OBH trip.

ericm

Quote from: Clarkwork on Jul 20, 2017, 02:41 PM
What if they just had a hold on the venue in case OBH4 fell through?  I think it's too much chatter not to happen, but just thinking out loud

It's gonna happen.  :thumbsup:  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

Mbayzer

Quote from: ericm on Jul 25, 2017, 04:54 PM
Quote from: Clarkwork on Jul 20, 2017, 02:41 PM

A little bird told me that there will be a two night new years eve run.... yes?

ericm

Quote from: Mbayzer on Jul 26, 2017, 03:04 PM
Quote from: Clarkwork link=topic= :grin:20931.msg388787#msg388787 date=1500576109

A bigger bird told me three nights  :wink: and I'm confident that will be the case.   :thumbsup: :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

Petty55

Quote from: ericm on Jul 26, 2017, 03:33 PM
Quote from: Clarkwork link=topic= :grin:20931.msg388787#msg388787 date=1500576109

A bigger bird told me three nights  :wink: and I'm confident that will be the case.   :thumbsup: :beer:

Is it a guarantee that it'll be in the Arena or is there a possibility of somewhere else?

midwesterner

I don't think they can fill that place 3 nights in a row. They barely filled the arena for the Boston NYE.

ericm

Quote from: midwesterner on Jul 26, 2017, 05:37 PM

I don't think they can fill that place 3 nights in a row. They barely filled the arena for the Boston NYE.

They can fill Red Rocks two nights in a row, I think they'll do fine for three. It's not exactly the Pepsi Center or MSG we're talking about or even RR for that matter.
"Where's Jim going?"

oistheone

Think we're lookin at December 29-30-31 or is there going to be an off-day somewhere in there?

ericm

Quote from: oistheone on Jul 26, 2017, 06:28 PM
Think we're lookin at December 29-30-31 or is there going to be an off-day somewhere in there?

That would be my thinking, (those three dates in a row)but until the official announcement, it's probably the only real question remaining. I would think a Fri-Sun Holiday weekend run is perfect. Makes the most sense to me but we'll see.
"Where's Jim going?"

Lonndown27

even two nights would be ridiculously awesome. Even just one night, Dec 31- Jan 1st in the early morning hours would be outrageous. I'd trade a two night stand for one, viciously epic 4 hour show
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

ericm

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Jul 26, 2017, 07:48 PM
even two nights would be ridiculously awesome. Even just one night, Dec 31- Jan 1st in the early morning hours would be outrageous. I'd trade a two night stand for one, viciously epic 4 hour show

Nah man, the only thing better than a three night run is a four night run!  :wink:
"Where's Jim going?"

Emb1528

Quote from: ericm on Jul 26, 2017, 08:01 PM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Jul 26, 2017, 07:48 PM

Nah man, the only thing better than a three night run is a four night run!  :wink:

Uhhhh... Yeah! :thumbsup:
Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

Emb1528

Quote from: oistheone on Jul 26, 2017, 06:28 PM

I was thinking and planning for the same thing
Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

Lonndown27

the more Jacket the merrier, I can't argue with any of this, I just hope there's a 3 night package to reward fans who want all three nights, make it like thirty bucks cheaper or something. Regardless, THIS is going to be my OBH, so I WILL be there if it goes down. NO MATTER WHAT.

I need:

MY FIRST Steam Engine,
MY FIRST Dancefloors,
MY FIRST Masterplan,
MY FIRST X-Mas Curtain,
MY FIRST They Ran,
MY FIRST Sooner,
MY FIRST Cobra,
MY FIRST How Do I Know
MY FIRST Easy Morning Rebel
MY SECOND Phone Went West

and of course hope for the Come Closers and Pictures of You and Twilight Now's

i really wanna see Roger Waters come out in the shadow caked stage after a 20 minute long Dondante or Steam, going straight into Pink Floyd's heavy as fuck and politically dark PIGS (THREE DIFFERENT ONES), with Carl on the talkbox solo?? Or he could just do it with a wah-wah pedal since wah-wah is the LEAST USED pedal in the Jacket guitar arsenal BY FAR. I can only think of two uses and one of them isn't even by a guitar: Cobra's snakey funky wah wah and then Bo using wah-wah on the clavinet or electric piano at the beginning of Evil Urges.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

talltyson

The math checks out for three nights.  1st Bank Center holds 6,500.  Red Rocks holds 9,500.  I would love to see two nights at 1st Bank Center, and for the 1st night, package deals to include a small venue, such as Gothic, Ogden, Blue Bird.  Bands will do this for Red Rocks show runs.  Guessing they won't be touring much at the end of the year, so the smaller show is more of a warm up show..  1ST Bank Center is a decent venue, nothing that special about it, and not my ideal location.  Not much to do around the venue, unless you like hanging in the burbs.  There is a new Chuys out there somewhere, so might get on some texmex and margs on before show.
Convenient for those in Boulder and that area, no so much for me (SE Denver).

d_wil

Quote from: talltyson on Jul 27, 2017, 12:02 PM
The math checks out for three nights.  1st Bank Center holds 6,500.  Red Rocks holds 9,500.  I would love to see two nights at 1st Bank Center, and for the 1st night, package deals to include a small venue, such as Gothic, Ogden, Blue Bird.  Bands will do this for Red Rocks show runs.  Guessing they won't be touring much at the end of the year, so the smaller show is more of a warm up show..  1ST Bank Center is a decent venue, nothing that special about it, and not my ideal location.  Not much to do around the venue, unless you like hanging in the burbs.  There is a new Chuys out there somewhere, so might get on some texmex and margs on before show.

How easy or hard is it to take the RTD from Denver up into Broomfield? My plan was to find a place to stay downtown and just take that to and from the venue.

talltyson

Quote from: d_wil on Jul 27, 2017, 06:23 PM
Quote from: talltyson on Jul 27, 2017, 12:02 PM

How easy or hard is it to take the RTD from Denver up into Broomfield? My plan was to find a place to stay downtown and just take that to and from the venue.

It would be via bus, and I cannot speak for the service personally, I pretty much only use light-rail due to what i do and live.... but If i had to guess, there are going to pretty good options up to venue, especially from downtown Denver, possible express/or few stop options.  RTD is a pretty good transit service out here!  I also remember people organizing party buses and other transportation to Red Rocks from other locations in the metro area, guessing that has to be fun as well.  Not sure on here, but very active posts on the facebook group about vans and buses.