1st Bank Center (Colorado) NYE Run

Started by fleedawg, Apr 15, 2017, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJTX

Quote from: talltyson on Jul 27, 2017, 09:32 PM
Quote from: d_wil on Jul 27, 2017, 06:23 PM
Quote from: talltyson on Jul 27, 2017, 12:02 PM
The math checks out for three nights.  1st Bank Center holds 6,500.  Red Rocks holds 9,500.  I would love to see two nights at 1st Bank Center, and for the 1st night, package deals to include a small venue, such as Gothic, Ogden, Blue Bird.  Bands will do this for Red Rocks show runs.  Guessing they won't be touring much at the end of the year, so the smaller show is more of a warm up show..  1ST Bank Center is a decent venue, nothing that special about it, and not my ideal location.  Not much to do around the venue, unless you like hanging in the burbs.  There is a new Chuys out there somewhere, so might get on some texmex and margs on before show.
Convenient for those in Boulder and that area, no so much for me (SE Denver).

How easy or hard is it to take the RTD from Denver up into Broomfield? My plan was to find a place to stay downtown and just take that to and from the venue.

It would be via bus, and I cannot speak for the service personally, I pretty much only use light-rail due to what i do and live.... but If i had to guess, there are going to pretty good options up to venue, especially from downtown Denver, possible express/or few stop options.  RTD is a pretty good transit service out here!  I also remember people organizing party buses and other transportation to Red Rocks from other locations in the metro area, guessing that has to be fun as well.  Not sure on here, but very active posts on the facebook group about vans and buses.

We used Bus to Show for the Red Rocks shows, i would check with them to see if they'll provide service to Broomfield. Great time, they let you party on the bus and they have speakers to play whatever music you want and i believe some of the money goes to a good cause! The only rule is "Don't leave anything behind, because these are school buses that actual children use"
Anytime

walterfredo

How easy or hard is it to take the RTD from Denver up into Broomfield? My plan was to find a place to stay downtown and just take that to and from the venue.

uber/lyft is your friend. So much easier than driving and parking or taking a bus, and much cheaper than a DUI.

Cameron

i went to broomfield for the ween reunion and stayed in boulder.  quick uber rides and a lot of breweries to visit. 

Lonndown27

Quote from: walterfredo on Jul 28, 2017, 11:21 AM

uber/lyft is your friend. So much easier than driving and parking or taking a bus, and much cheaper than a DUI.

listen to this guys and gals
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

talltyson

Uber and Lyft are great, and nice friends, but you will be paying a lot of money on NYE for their services.  Also, Friday and Saturday nights, especially during a big event/concert, Uber and Lyft will also be expensive and they will be surplussing, i can guarantee you that..  Guessing Shows will be either Saturday or Sunday, or Friday, Saturday or Sunday.  If you don't have a full crew riding an Uber or Lyft, i'd look into other options unless you like blowing money.

Lonndown27

Quote from: talltyson on Jul 31, 2017, 01:58 PM
Uber and Lyft are great, and nice friends, but you will be paying a lot of money on NYE for their services.  Also, Friday and Saturday nights, especially during a big event/concert, Uber and Lyft will also be expensive and they will be surplussing, i can guarantee you that..  Guessing Shows will be either Saturday or Sunday, or Friday, Saturday or Sunday.  If you don't have a full crew riding an Uber or Lyft, i'd look into other options unless you like blowing money.

good idea too
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

d_wil

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Jul 31, 2017, 02:47 PM
Quote from: talltyson on Jul 31, 2017, 01:58 PM

good idea too

Yeah, I used the CID busses to get to and from RR last year and want to make sure I look at all my options. I will definitely be going to these shows so just trying to save some $$ where I can!

Lonndown27

im going to be driving from Salt Lake and definitely wanna figure it out in advance too i want a definitive announcement NOW MMJ Boys!

wrgcucin

subinai

where are people staying? Aloft while convenient is over budget

midwesterner

Really cool opening acts. This should be a great weekend.

d_wil

So glad this is finally official!! See y'all in Denver!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

logan5ive

Everything is GA?  And, will the floor have seats or just be open with no seats?
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

midwesterner

So I just resigned up for Roll Call. I assume I am eligible for tomorrow's presale. But anyone know for sure?

ericm

Quote from: midwesterner on Aug 07, 2017, 11:30 AM
So I just resigned up for Roll Call. I assume I am eligible for tomorrow's presale. But anyone know for sure?

How were you able to sign up? I got an email months ago saying RC packages wouldn't be for sale anymore and all existing memberships would expire at the end of the year.
"Where's Jim going?"

midwesterner

Quote from: ericm on Aug 07, 2017, 11:40 AM

How were you able to sign up? I got an email months ago saying RC packages wouldn't be for sale anymore and all membershis would expire at the end of the year.

Interesting I just signed up for a login via the homepage. But I didn't pay like in the past. Not sure if this will qualify for this onsale but I hope it does because I want just one VIP package.

e-stone

How were you able to sign up? I got an email months ago saying RC packages wouldn't be for sale anymore and all existing memberships would expire at the end of the year.

i'm very interested as well.  i let mine expire in March (first time i've let it expire since it began) as there were no Colorado shows on the horizon at that point.  now it seems i'm screwed for pre-sale tix.

ericm

Quote from: midwesterner on Aug 07, 2017, 11:46 AM

How were you able to sign up? I got an email months ago saying RC packages wouldn't be for sale anymore and all membershis would expire at the end of the year.

Interesting I just signed up for a login via the homepage. But I didn't pay like in the past. Not sure if this will qualify for this onsale but I hope it does because I want just one VIP package.

It's my understanding only people with an active RC membership will get the presale code sent to their Dashboard. Deluxe members get it at 9:55 and Digital 30 minutes later.
"Where's Jim going?"

midwesterner

Quote from: ericm on Aug 07, 2017, 12:11 PM
Quote from: midwesterner on Aug 07, 2017, 11:46 AM

It's my understanding only people with an active RC membership will get the presale code sent to their Dashboard. Deluxe members get it at 9:55 and Digital 30 minutes later.

Bummer.

stxfan10

Anyone else not receive an email announcement for this one?
I received emails for the summer tour and OBH 2018, but didn't get anything this morning.
Wonder if it's because my Roll Call expired.  :shocked: