1st Bank Center (Colorado) NYE Run

Started by fleedawg, Apr 15, 2017, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emb1528

Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

APR

Quote from: Emb1528 on Aug 20, 2017, 11:21 AM
Let's get a rolling back opener!

Anywhere at all in the set would be fine with me.  Please Rollin' Back!  One of my favorite songs ever.  This is by far the song I want to hear live.....40+ shows and still waiting.

Emb1528

Charter One Pavilion, Chicago 8/17/10 Rolling Back instrumental. Was a beaut :thumbsup:

Jeeze... 7 years ago.
Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

Lonndown27

Quote from: APR on Aug 20, 2017, 04:21 PM
Quote from: Emb1528 on Aug 20, 2017, 11:21 AM
Let's get a rolling back opener!

Anywhere at all in the set would be fine with me.  Please Rollin' Back!  One of my favorite songs ever.  This is by far the song I want to hear live.....40+ shows and still waiting.
Quote from: Emb1528 on Aug 20, 2017, 05:54 PM
Charter One Pavilion, Chicago 8/17/10 Rolling Back instrumental. Was a beaut :thumbsup:

Jeeze... 7 years ago.

ahahahah what a fucking awful tease that was on the 2010 tour!

an OBH opener huh??? that'd be interesting. Since I've only had two openers in my MMJ history: Evil Urges and Believe, I'm down for anything especially requisite Jacket openers like AT DAWN and the IT BEATS 4 U intro tape into IT BEATS 4 U like some of the late 2006 and early 2007 shows. Or something like THE BEAR into ROLLIN BACK or THE BEAR into GIDEON?

mine would be for each night:

12/29:
SET OPENER: AT DAWN > ROLLIN BACK > XMAS CURTAIN

MAIN SET CLOSER: I THINK IM GOIN TO HELL

ENCORE OPENER: BERMUDA HIGHWAY into HOPEFULLY
ENCORE CLOSER: CARRIED AWAY

12/30:

SHOW OPENER: IT BEATS 4 U (with It Beats 4 U Intro tape) > CIRCUITAL
MAIN SET CLOSER: SMOKIN FROM SHOOTIN > STRANGULATION!
ENCORE OPENER:   WELCOME HOME > SOONER
ENCORE CLOSER:  MELISSA > ALL THINGS MUST PASS (with epic Isnt it A Pity type electric bombast ending)

12/31

SHOW OPENER: (weirdly hilarious Jacket shenanigans intro to the intro tape theyve been using since the Circuital tour and on this tour, my favorite intro tape)

TONITE I WANT 2 CELEBRATE WITH U  > WORDLESS CHORUS > THE DARK > COMPOUND FRACTURE > MASTERPLAN > HOW DO YOU KNOW

PRE NYE COUNTDOWN > WHERE 2 BEGIN > THEY RAN > ITS ABOUT TWILIGHT NOW

POST NYE COUNTDOWN 
CELEBRATE > I WANT 2 TAKE U HIGHER >  RASPBERRY BERET > GET DOWN ON IT > HIT IT AND QUIT IT > O IS THE ONE THAT IS REAL > COBRA (full) > EASY MORNING REBEL > LOVIN CUP / EASY MORNING REBEL (REPRISE GROOVE) > GRAB A BODY / RUN THRU (end of) / LAY LOW (end of)

MAIN SET CLOSER: PIGS (w/ Roger Waters) > GIDEON > STEAM ENGINE

ENCORE: THE BEAR > ROCKET MAN > ANYTIME > PURPLE RAIN > PHONE WENT WEST > 
               DANCEFLOORS > OBH
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

midwesterner

I personally am hoping for some new covers on 12/31. I would also like to see Charles Bradley sit in. For an opener on 12/31 I would love it to be Tonight I want to Celebrate. I hope that instead of Celebrate they play something else right after midnight. But that seems to be their go to song when the ball drops.

On 12/29 I would love to see Jim sing the Ladder with the Revolution. It is my favorite Prince song.

Lonndown27

Quote from: midwesterner on Aug 21, 2017, 12:38 PM
I personally am hoping for some new covers on 12/31. I would also like to see Charles Bradley sit in. For an opener on 12/31 I would love it to be Tonight I want to Celebrate. I hope that instead of Celebrate they play something else right after midnight. But that seems to be their go to song when the ball drops.

On 12/29 I would love to see Jim sing the Ladder with the Revolution. It is my favorite Prince song.

ME TOO WITH Tonite I Want 2 Celebrate With U!!! As long as Rollin Back is an opener the other two nights! The Ladder? hmm I've never heard that song. Just getting into Prince cause of the Jacket, really. He's not my favorite artist. Dig Purple Rain especially Jacket's arrangement takes it to a holy level, Raspberry Beret was a fantastic cover and then Take Me With U from Red Rocks was blissful. Not a fan of I Could Never Take The Place of Your Man
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

RobRoy286

Oooh man I love I Could Never! Would love to hear that NYE.

Lonndown27

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Aug 23, 2017, 10:34 AM

i guess i like it too now that i actually think about it and how the verses sound i just dont like the main riff or the chorus to that song, i'd always trade it in for an epic PURPLE  RAIN toaster. PR is so unbelievable , the new things they add to it to elevate it to the heavens . i get chillz every time i blast that one...like right the fuck now 5/28/2016 baby!

RobRoy286

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 23, 2017, 11:55 AM
Quote from: RobRoy286 on Aug 23, 2017, 10:34 AM

i guess i like it too now that i actually think about it and how the verses sound i just dont like the main riff or the chorus to that song, i'd always trade it in for an epic PURPLE  RAIN toaster. PR is so unbelievable , the new things they add to it to elevate it to the heavens . i get chillz every time i blast that one...like right the fuck now 5/28/2016 baby!
One of the best sets ever! And agreed, Purple Rain is maybe their best cover. Makes me tear up every time. I'm curious to see which Prince songs they play night 1, and how they'll split them with the Revolution.

sillyboob

Just yesterday I posted on the Facebook fan club page about how great Phone into Like A Rolling Stone was to close out Night 1 of OBH this year. That was on top of Purple Rain closing out the main set and the boys going into Bermuda Highway to start the encore. I remember being so grateful to see such a killer version of Purple Rain, having never seen Prince live.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

millerjustin

Quote from: sillyboob on Aug 23, 2017, 01:34 PM
Just yesterday I posted on the Facebook fan club page about how great Phone into Like A Rolling Stone was to close out Night 1 of OBH this year. That was on top of Purple Rain closing out the main set and the boys going into Bermuda Highway to start the encore. I remember being so grateful to see such a killer version of Purple Rain, having never seen Prince live.

"I Love Carl"
What's in here won't disappear

RobRoy286

Really hoping for a horn section! It's a shame Pres Hall isn't there.

midwesterner

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Aug 23, 2017, 02:48 PM
Really hoping for a horn section! It's a shame Pres Hall isn't there.

This really shouldn't be an issue since all 3 openers have horn sections. Well Tune-Yards has just two horn players if I remember right. But I would expect the horn section from Charles Bradley's band to sit in all night on 12/31.

sillyboob

Quote from: millerjustin on Aug 23, 2017, 02:37 PM
Quote from: sillyboob on Aug 23, 2017, 01:34 PM

"I Love Carl"

Very quietly: "I love you too Jim."

Cracks me up everytime I hear it!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

My Morning Tube top

Everybody's looking for the ladder... great call and song. I have a dream of a rocked out, throw down emotionally charge collaboration on Beautiful Ones. Love that Jim has been singing it acoustic and would die to see it with the Revolution... Yes and Charles the heart of soul and such a sweetheart collaborating with them oh my! I know we will get some Dap Kings horns! So grateful :)

headhunter

My first time visiting this old familiar place and what a coincidental treat to post directly after Tube Top!!

Thanks in large part to some friendly reminders from ^^^ Mrs. HH and I are now booked for Denver.  See ya'll in a few months my friends.

was some shakin' and some record playin'

ericm

Quote from: headhunter on Aug 23, 2017, 05:06 PM
My first time visiting this old familiar place and what a coincidental treat to post directly after Tube Top!!

Thanks in large part to some friendly reminders from ^^^ Mrs. HH and I are now booked for Denver.  See ya'll in a few months my friends.

Excellent!!  :thumbsup:

Can't wait my friend, it's been waaaay too long.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

APR

Quote from: ericm on Aug 23, 2017, 07:18 PM
Quote from: headhunter on Aug 23, 2017, 05:06 PM

Excellent!!  :thumbsup:

Can't wait my friend, it's been waaaay too long.  :beer:

Excellent indeed.  And welcome back.... we've been down a moderator for a long time.  YYac has been covering during your absence.

midwesterner

Quote from: My Morning Tube top on Aug 23, 2017, 05:01 PM

Everybody's looking for the ladder... great call and song. I have a dream of a rocked out, throw down emotionally charge collaboration on Beautiful Ones. Love that Jim has been singing it acoustic and would die to see it with the Revolution... Yes and Charles the heart of soul and such a sweetheart collaborating with them oh my! I know we will get some Dap Kings horns! So grateful :)

YASSSSS!!!!! It sounds like we are on the same page!

millerjustin

Quote from: midwesterner on Aug 23, 2017, 08:35 PM
Quote from: My Morning Tube top on Aug 23, 2017, 05:01 PM

YASSSSS!!!!! It sounds like we are on the same page!

let's talk about Jim stepping in with the Revolution for Let's Go Crazy - can you imagine?
What's in here won't disappear