1st Bank Center (Colorado) NYE Run

Started by fleedawg, Apr 15, 2017, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkervb

the thing about this rumor is that they've never done a multi-night run at a venue this large (seats 6,500 & most 3 night runs have been at places 2500-3300) and to attempt this with no album they are supporting or some other type of momentum just seems oddly ambitious.
Don't you ever turn it off

Lonndown27

Quote from: parkervb on Apr 17, 2017, 05:21 PM
the thing about this rumor is that they've never done a multi-night run at a venue this large (seats 6,500 & most 3 night runs have been at places 2500-3300) and to attempt this with no album they are supporting or some other type of momentum just seems oddly ambitious.

i hope it's just one night, 35 songs, slam us to the mat and kick our ass Jacketness!!!! 4 hours!!! Bring it on!!!! hahahah

I think it's great for all of us West Coast people who get nothing, outside of album release tours and the biggest tours (excluding California, Seattle and Portland from this). I get that most of the fans are on the East Coast, but you guys are getting spoiled with this summer's tour, just sayin hahah.

And hey, if you guys can make it to Red Rocks in the past, then you definitely can make it to a NYE show in a great city where you can smoke publicly haha

I'm looking forward to it if it's comin down, getting my oats in order.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

millerjustin

Quote from: Clarkwork on Apr 17, 2017, 03:08 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Apr 17, 2017, 02:55 PM
Quote from: Clarkwork on Apr 17, 2017, 02:48 PM
Wish they would announce if OBH 4 was happening or not.  Would make a difference in any plans like this.

hence why you probably won't see any announcements about OBH before

Hopefully they announce and plan it a little better, this year seems like they have no clue what they are planning or doing.

that's an interesting statement. Sure people would like to know if OBH4 is happening or not, but if the band is attempting to book and sell 3 nights at a 6k+ seat venue, they aren't going to step on it by announcing something on the scale of OBH too far in advance. Lots of time and I am sure all questions will be answered but that's easy for me to say since I have no chance of going to CO or Mexico lol

multiple sources confirming 3 night hold - also hearing an announcement expected around 5/1, so they would have 6+ weeks to promote and sell before typical mid-late June announcement for OBH4.  I'm quite confident that they know exactly what they're doing.

Also hearing Barceló Riviera as new venue for C9 run of fests, so timing of announcements for all of those may be impacted
What's in here won't disappear

PJAMVedder

They did quite well last Memorial at RR

sillyboob

Quote from: millerjustin on Apr 18, 2017, 09:37 AM
Quote from: Clarkwork on Apr 17, 2017, 03:08 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Apr 17, 2017, 02:55 PM
Quote from: Clarkwork on Apr 17, 2017, 02:48 PM
Wish they would announce if OBH 4 was happening or not.  Would make a difference in any plans like this.

hence why you probably won't see any announcements about OBH before

Hopefully they announce and plan it a little better, this year seems like they have no clue what they are planning or doing.

that's an interesting statement. Sure people would like to know if OBH4 is happening or not, but if the band is attempting to book and sell 3 nights at a 6k+ seat venue, they aren't going to step on it by announcing something on the scale of OBH too far in advance. Lots of time and I am sure all questions will be answered but that's easy for me to say since I have no chance of going to CO or Mexico lol

multiple sources confirming 3 night hold - also hearing an announcement expected around 5/1, so they would have 6+ weeks to promote and sell before typical mid-late June announcement for OBH4.  I'm quite confident that they know exactly what they're doing.

Also hearing Barceló Riviera as new venue for C9 run of fests, so timing of announcements for all of those may be impacted

Barcelo Riviera Maya huh?  That resort is huge - they have double decker buses to get you around that place.  It's just past the Hard Rock, coming from Cancun.  It does have a huge beach though - but I wonder if they'd keep it exclusively OBHers?
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

parkervb

Quote from: PJAMVedder on Apr 18, 2017, 10:09 AM

They did quite well last Memorial at RR

indeed, I was there. I should have been more specific about meaning 3 nights when I said multi-night. And I think it would be fair to say Red Rocks has a bit more of a draw as a venue than the 1st Bank Center, maybe that's evened out by the fact it's around NYE, idk. But millerjustin is typically spot-on when he shares what he's heard.
Don't you ever turn it off

Cameron

i assume plenty of people would travel for it.  i did the ween reunion there and had a blast exploring denver and boulder during the days.

APR

Quote from: Cameron on Apr 18, 2017, 11:35 AM
i assume plenty of people would travel for it.  i did the ween reunion there and had a blast exploring denver and boulder during the days.

RR itself is quite a draw, but the lack of shows out West combined with the awesomeness of MMJ/ski trip that time of year is pretty intriguing.  Tickets could be hard to get.  Travelers (like myself) could face great winter MMJ options if this and OBH4 are scheduled.  millerjustin's accuracy is quite good but I'm holding out hopes that if May 1 is correct, that they would announce a save the date for OBH4 in addition to the Denver news.  Props to people that could swing both winter vacations. 

logan5ive

I wonder if the floor will be reserved or GA?
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

jcc0065

Just moved to Fort Collins from Alabama. This rumor would be a dream come true!! Lets go!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

talltyson

Quote from: slappymoe on Apr 17, 2017, 03:39 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on Apr 17, 2017, 01:30 PM
Quote from: slappymoe on Apr 16, 2017, 09:49 AM
seems an odd choice :huh:

disagree, seems like a great/smart/logical choice. Lots of fans in the DEN/CO area, and centrally located in the US.
i think it's safe to say they have as many if not more fans in the LOU/KY area.  and yeah, it's almost centrally located, but from a population standpoint denver is a lonely island. convenient for a few, quite a trip for most.

and it's a cold and snowy place.

As someone that has traveled the US a lot, and has lived in Denver for years, your statement about our weather is very off.  We got less then 15 inches of snow this year (pretty low for us).  And that's with three storms.  Yes, we can have blizzards with 20+ inches that happen about every 5 years or so.  Most of our snow is in the spring and very wet.  I would also bet Louisville is much more colder then Denver most any day in the winter.  300 days of sunshine out here.  Dry climate, hard to beat our weather if you can take a bit of cold weather and like all four seasons.   We never have those nasty Ice storms the midwest/plains get.

DIA hubs United, Southwest and Frontier.  Southwest has its own terminal, with over 40 gates.  So when flying, we are somewhat centrally located, i guess that very hard to say with the east coast being so populated, but its "central" to the left half of the USA.

slappymoe

man, wasn't trying to turn this into some sort of competition between denver and louisville, but a quick interweb search shows denver has colder and much snowier winters. so, relatively speaking, it's a cold and snowy place.

i'm sure denver is a lovely, fun city. i'm glad west coast fans get something that's reasonably close to them. i hope everyone who goes has the time of their life. but once again, it just seems an odd choice to me.

Frank G

OBH 4 will be in Dominican. 

If it would have been easy, I would not have cared.

Frank G

Quote from: slappymoe on Apr 18, 2017, 04:09 PM
man, wasn't trying to turn this into some sort of competition between denver and louisville, but a quick interweb search shows denver has colder and much snowier winters. so, relatively speaking, it's a cold and snowy place.

i'm sure denver is a lovely, fun city. i'm glad west coast fans get something that's reasonably close to them. i hope everyone who goes has the time of their life. but once again, it just seems an odd choice to me.

I agree.  They have a hard time selling out RR when the weather is perfect over a holiday weekend.  I want more fun at The Beacon.  THAT would be a dream.  And where are those recordings by the way?

talltyson

Lots of people think we have bad winters, which is not the case.  It snows, and melts, sometimes the next day.  We don't have that snow on the ground for 6 months like other cold places.  Go west an hour and at 9,000 ft its a different story. 

This state loves Jam bands, and we don't need to get into that debate about MMJ being a Jam Band, but they definitely have that vibe going for them during live shows.  Ween, SCI, Allman Brothers, WSP, Dead, Avett Bros, Phish, and many more bands have all had multiple 3 night runs in this state, different times of the year, different venues and Colorado along with fans that like to travel here have support these very successful shows.  So i'm guessing if the rumor is true, that's way.

jcc0065

Quote from: talltyson on Apr 18, 2017, 04:26 PM

Lots of people think we have bad winters, which is not the case.  It snows, and melts, sometimes the next day.  We don't have that snow on the ground for 6 months like other cold places.  Go west an hour and at 9,000 ft its a different story. 

This state loves Jam bands, and we don't need to get into that debate about MMJ being a Jam Band, but they definitely have that vibe going for them during live shows.  Ween, SCI, Allman Brothers, WSP, Dead, Avett Bros, Phish, and many more bands have all had multiple 3 night runs in this state, different times of the year, different venues and Colorado along with fans that like to travel here have support these very successful shows.  So i'm guessing if the rumor is true, that's way.

Agreed.

APR

Quote from: Frank G on Apr 18, 2017, 04:10 PM

For sure?  You have inside info?  Or wishful thinking?

millerjustin

Quote from: APR on Apr 18, 2017, 07:37 PM

far from the case.  C9/Bowery is the event host and they are not pulling 7-9 back-back fests to the DR.  HHRM contract was 3 years and what I'm hearing is that they are bumping up to Barceló to increase capacity for some of the events (but I'm hoping they keep OBH capped around 3k people to maintain intimacy)
What's in here won't disappear

Frank G

I chatted with Bo at OBH3 and he asked about my experience at Playa, etc.  He mentioned the 3 year contract running out and very much insinuated they would not be back to Mexico.  He then mentioned Dominican based on other bands and hearing good things, etc.  In the end there is nothing in stone, but if I was a betting man I wouldn't buy a flight to Mexico.  Who knows what way it will go but they're definitely ready for a change.  And seeing they got a bit sick this past time, that might be the straw.  He asked if I had gotten sick and thoughts on the food, etc over the years.

I'll be going where they go regardless of the venue. [emoji1421]

sillyboob

Quote from: Frank G on Apr 19, 2017, 09:22 AM

I chatted with Bo at OBH3 and he asked about my experience at Playa, etc.  He mentioned the 3 year contract running out and very much insinuated they would not be back to Mexico.  He then mentioned Dominican based on other bands and hearing good things, etc.  In the end there is nothing in stone, but if I was a betting man I wouldn't buy a flight to Mexico.  Who knows what way it will go but they're definitely ready for a change.  And seeing they got a bit sick this past time, that might be the straw.  He asked if I had gotten sick and thoughts on the food, etc over the years.

I'll be going where they go regardless of the venue. [emoji1421]

Man, the Dominican Republic is a long haul from the left coast.  That's a bummer to hear.  Mexico was very centrally located for the US.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.