1st Bank Center (Colorado) NYE Run

Started by fleedawg, Apr 15, 2017, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatfield

Dear God,
We've all been good boys and girls.  Please let this rumor come true.

Sincerely,
Hatfield

GreenEarth

My source told me weeks ago that this was a done deal! The Jacket is booked for three nights in Broomfield for NYE!  :beer: In regards to OBH4 I highly doubt they return to Mexico. I honestly suspect no OBH4 in 2018. See you in Colorado!

GE
Kickin' and a Screamin' Wonderin'

Lonndown27

Quote from: GreenEarth on Apr 20, 2017, 02:52 PM
My source told me weeks ago that this was a done deal! The Jacket is booked for three nights in Broomfield for NYE!  :beer: In regards to OBH4 I highly doubt they return to Mexico. I honestly suspect no OBH4 in 2018. See you in Colorado!

GE

are you cereal?????? FUCKIN A!!!!!!!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

SplatSplatSplat

Well, y'all, I am already terrified about trying to get tickets for this, don't know if my digital is going to be enough. I just don't know.
You need it.  That's for sure.

DayDrinkin

Quote from: SplatSplatSplat on Apr 21, 2017, 08:45 PM
Well, y'all, I am already terrified about trying to get tickets for this, don't know if my digital is going to be enough. I just don't know.

If tickets were to go on sale in May, there's only 4 months worth of people that were able to order/renew the deluxe roll call option.

I think digital will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

louisvilledanahys

I'd love to see a NYE in CO if we could sneak in a Thanksgiving show in the Ville.

Lonndown27

Quote from: louisvilledanahys on Apr 22, 2017, 03:52 PM
I'd love to see a NYE in CO if we could sneak in a Thanksgiving show in the Ville.

im just happy for this one, especially since it's closer to me, only a state away!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

CHIMMJFAN

I think I will have to pull the trigger on this, NYE Shows to end the year sounds great! Please let this happen!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

KingCobra

This is an awesome venue, the sound is unreal. I would be ordering beers in the hallway and the sound was beautiful. Fingers crossed.

I'm On A Four Day Creep

Clarkwork

I think that is what we need to know, if no OBH4 in 2018 then NYE would be the way to go. But if they do both it then becomes a choice of 1 or the other at least for us.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

millerjustin

Quote from: Clarkwork on Apr 24, 2017, 01:00 PM
I think that is what we need to know, if no OBH4 in 2018 then NYE would be the way to go. But if they do both it then becomes a choice of 1 or the other at least for us.

I should be saying the same thing, but.....YOLO or whatever the young kids are saying these days....
What's in here won't disappear

teej

Jim did say "see you next year" at the end of OBH. I hope that means he knew they would be doing it again in 2018.

millerjustin

Quote from: teej on Apr 24, 2017, 02:06 PM
Jim did say "see you next year" at the end of OBH. I hope that means he knew they would be doing it again in 2018.

pretty sure it's not a matter of if, but rather a matter of where.  keep an eye out for any and all C9 announcements for 2018 - even if OBH4 isn't the first one announced, we can infer that any of the fests held thus far at HRHRM that either stay there or more to Barceló or otherwise will stay packaged together for back to back runs
What's in here won't disappear

APR

Quote from: Clarkwork on Apr 24, 2017, 01:00 PM

Indeed.  And both are solid choices!

MMJTX

Anytime

dss

Really hoping they don't move OBH to the Barcelo. It's gigantic (I saw the inaugural phish fest there). The food is just awful, and the "special" experience about being in a buyout style environment does not translate since there are thousands of people having vacations, weddings, etc... The OBH crew will just be another large group at the place. Also, the stage was in a proper "venue" so you needed to actually get scanned into the venue and (depending on your building) it was a significant distance to go to/from to your room. Just nowhere close to being in the concert courtyard at Riviera Maya. Plus, at least for other events, the capacity was closer to 7k for the show, which just sucked compared to the roughly 2k for OBH's so far.

That all being said, I did some poking around and I don't see any obvious holds at the Hard Rock in the DR, nor does the Barcelo have "inflated rates" over those dates. But the Hard Rock Riviera Maya does have five events clearly being held. 3 Back to Back events in late Jan (similar to Zac Brown->OBH->Avetts) from last year, but moved up a few days so there is no event over the Super Bowl weekend. And another two events in March, one of which would be Panic in La Playa). Cloup9 did four events at the Riviera Maya last year, so unless they are adding two new events AND moving OBH to Barcelo, there is a shot we might be heading back to the Riviera Maya. Coming from the West coast, I really hope that is true. The DR sucks to get to from the West Coast and I think many of us let Cloud9 hear that in our feedback forms. Whatever and wherever it is, I just hope it is actually happening.

As for announcement timing, last year, they did a "save the date" in March (likely due to no OBH in 2016 and increased competition from phish and CID Productions who also announced early) with the actual announcement on 5/24. OBH 2 was announced the second week of June with no "save the date" so hopefully we will hear something in the next couple of weeks.

Lonndown27

lets get back to Denver NYE shows, there's another thread for OBH4  :thumbsup:

sillyboob

Quote from: Lonndown27 on May 04, 2017, 04:59 PM
lets get back to Denver NYE shows, there's another thread for OBH4  :thumbsup:

Thanks Lonndown27 - I meant to post that after creating the OBH4 thread.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

RobRoy286

Really hoping for a short winter tour. I've been telling myself that next time dem boys play NYE, I'm there. That being said, a 3 night run in Chicago might be a little easier for me.

My original prediction for 2017 was that they'd record in the spring, do a short tour in the summer, release the album in the fall, then album tour in the winter. It still seems possible but I'm starting to wonder if the album won't be out until next year.

DaydreamNation

I definitely think the album won't be out til next summer. Another spring release and then tour through summer and into fall like with The Waterfall. That kind of a cycle seemed to work really well for them.
11/11/23  11/10/23  11/9/23  11/7/23  10/29/22  11/2/21  7/7/17  6/22/17  10/27/16  5/13/16  5/12/16