1st Bank Center (Colorado) NYE Run

Started by fleedawg, Apr 15, 2017, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmjUptownD

FYI, you can go to the Pepsi Center (this is where I go), Dicks Sporting Goods park, and The Paramount Theatre, and avoid the "convenience fees".  You'll save $18 for every NYE ticket and $15 for every Fri/Sat ticket.  It adds up fast.  4 tickets for each night bought at the Pepsi Center would save you $192 total.

talltyson

Quote from: walterfredo on Aug 10, 2017, 01:11 PM
if there's any chance anyone has an info on suites please pm me. I just called the venue and was told most are under individual contract, and the few they had for sale have all been sold for NYE.
I just saw someone posting in the FB Group just this am, asking why her post for selling suite tickets keeps getting pulled...... guessing she is trying to sell.  so if you are not on there, join, and take a look.  And if you don't see anything, create a new post requesting.

walterfredo

don't do the facebook. Thanks for the info though.

talltyson

Just an fyi, coming from fb group.  A fan over there, who bought 3 individual tickets this am, after thinking 3 days passes were sold out.... called Altitude Tickets, and they changed his ticket to a 3 day pass, and gave him $30 back (thats the difference between 3 day pass and 3 individual tickets).  So if this happened to you, call them.  If they want a reason, tell them 3 day pass tickets didn't go on sell till 1045am, leading you to believe they were sold out, when it was actually there error.

midwesterner

Quote from: talltyson on Aug 10, 2017, 01:03 PM
Those that bought single day, what was the fees?  I paid $409.70 for two three day passes ($73 fees so $36 each pass).  About $68 a night.

I bought 3 day passes and basically with fees it was 205. So it sounds like it was basically the same.

Fritz

Quote from: talltyson on Aug 10, 2017, 01:03 PM
Those that bought single day, what was the fees?  I paid $409.70 for two three day passes ($73 fees so $36 each pass).  About $68 a night.

Single tickets for the first two night w/ fees are $66.10

subinai

Quote from: talltyson on Aug 10, 2017, 01:40 PM
Just an fyi, coming from fb group.  A fan over there, who bought 3 individual tickets this am, after thinking 3 days passes were sold out.... called Altitude Tickets, and they changed his ticket to a 3 day pass, and gave him $30 back (thats the difference between 3 day pass and 3 individual tickets).  So if this happened to you, call them.  If they want a reason, tell them 3 day pass tickets didn't go on sell till 1045am, leading you to believe they were sold out, when it was actually there error.

well that is some awesome customer service

midwesterner

Re-listening to MSG NYE today. I really hope they do as many funk and soul covers this year as they did that year. Also hope most of the covers are new.

Lonndown27

Quote from: midwesterner on Aug 10, 2017, 03:29 PM
Re-listening to MSG NYE today. I really hope they do as many funk and soul covers this year as they did that year. Also hope most of the covers are new.

me too actually!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

chieftokenpuff6

So I was looking at the timing of the shuttle to the venue and the doors time. I personally will be using the Illegal Pete's on Colefax which departs 45 minutes prior to doors, but the venue is about that far away.

The early entry for the Z Experience won't really be that helpful then, right? The same goes for the lounge area? Unless you are willing to lose your spot since you really won't be actually early for doors at that point.

talltyson

Quote from: ericm on Aug 10, 2017, 07:17 AM
Quote from: talltyson on Aug 10, 2017, 01:00 AM
Quote from: ericm on Aug 09, 2017, 10:52 PM
Looking for some help from some locals here.

I could use some suggestions for a good sports bar in the Broomfield area that'll have the NFL Sunday Ticket so I can watch the NY Giants on Sunday.   :beer:

It's supposed to be the early game which is 1:00 pm eastern, so do your places open and serve beer/booze for games starting at 11:00 local time? I'd imagine they do but just want to make sure.
This is not my hood, so others might be able to give better advise.  But there is a Dave & Busters about 8 minutes from venue.  Also a Buffalo Wild Wings about 6 minutes.  Twin Peaks close by.  And the bars will open up at 11am and start serving.  Some may open at 1030am or 10am, most 11am.  If looking in Downtown, South Broadway, to SE Denver I can name a ton of local places, but they are all a ways away from venue.

Thanks for the info.  :cool: Good to know they'll be open that early.  :thumbsup:

I'm definitely looking to catch the game as close to my hotel or the venue as I can get. I know I'll be drinking during the game and being able to get back for a shower and some sobering up before the show would probably be a wise idea. Sunday's shaping up to be a long, fun and booze filled day. Back in the day partying for 12-15 hours straight was no problem, now.....not so much.    :grin:
Broncos are playing the Chiefs at Mile High Sunday December 31st 205pm.  I go to about every Chiefs game at Mile High, as i'm from Kansas.  But i knew this was going to happen so didn't get tickets.  Plus this game could not mean anything, but it could mean everything and get flex to SNF.  I might go, if weather is good, it stays at 2pm, and there is something meaningful about the game.  NFL game, Jacket all on New Years!  Sounds like a long sloppy day.

talltyson

Quote from: chieftokenpuff6 on Aug 10, 2017, 07:51 PM
So I was looking at the timing of the shuttle to the venue and the doors time. I personally will be using the Illegal Pete's on Colefax which departs 45 minutes prior to doors, but the venue is about that far away.

The early entry for the Z Experience won't really be that helpful then, right? The same goes for the lounge area? Unless you are willing to lose your spot since you really won't be actually early for doors at that point.
If you are trying to using early entry, i'm guessing about every shuttle service is going to get there too late, unless you have control of the contact and can tell them when you want to leave.      Also those that are so high on UBER AND LYFT, I said it before and will say it again.  Every night, there will be surplussing going on.  Guessing getting to venue Friday and Saturday you will be fine.  But you will be paying extra all day NYE, and when the show is done they are going to skyrocket the rates.  Taxis are not a bad option, as the ones around here, the ones i use anyway do not surplus.  So uber/lyft to venue, and taxi out, is what i'm doing if I don't have a DD or if i'm drinking.  Also, keep in mind, the light rail system is great, but doesn't go to venue.  But you could uber/lyft/taxi to light rail station, probably make sense only if you are staying within walking distance of a light rail station.  I'm in Tech Center (I25 and I225) area.....  If anyone want to carpool and take turns driving let me know.... 

ericm

Quote from: talltyson on Aug 10, 2017, 08:44 PM

I could use some suggestions for a good sports bar in the Broomfield area that'll have the NFL Sunday Ticket so I can watch the NY Giants on Sunday.   :beer:

It's supposed to be the early game which is 1:00 pm eastern, so do your places open and serve beer/booze for games starting at 11:00 local time? I'd imagine they do but just want to make sure.
This is not my hood, so others might be able to give better advise.  But there is a Dave & Busters about 8 minutes from venue.  Also a Buffalo Wild Wings about 6 minutes.  Twin Peaks close by.  And the bars will open up at 11am and start serving.  Some may open at 1030am or 10am, most 11am.  If looking in Downtown, South Broadway, to SE Denver I can name a ton of local places, but they are all a ways away from venue.

Thanks for the info.  :cool: Good to know they'll be open that early.  :thumbsup:

I'm definitely looking to catch the game as close to my hotel or the venue as I can get. I know I'll be drinking during the game and being able to get back for a shower and some sobering up before the show would probably be a wise idea. Sunday's shaping up to be a long, fun and booze filled day. Back in the day partying for 12-15 hours straight was no problem, now.....not so much.    :grin:
Broncos are playing the Chiefs at Mile High Sunday December 31st 205pm.  I go to about every Chiefs game at Mile High, as i'm from Kansas.  But i knew this was going to happen so didn't get tickets.  Plus this game could not mean anything, but it could mean everything and get flex to SNF.  I might go, if weather is good, it stays at 2pm, and there is something meaningful about the game.  NFL game, Jacket all on New Years!  Sounds like a long sloppy day.

Yeah, unless I can catch a late flight out Monday night, that's one reason why I'm thinking of staying out there an extra day and coming home on the 2nd. No doubt NYE  is gonna be a long day for us football/Jacket fans and Monday morning is sure to be a bit rough.  :wink:

I was worried about the Giant game getting flexed as well but then I remembered it's the last week of the regular season and the NFL doesn't have Sunday or Monday night games that week.
"Where's Jim going?"

SplatSplatSplat

You need it.  That's for sure.

talltyson

Quote from: ericm on Aug 10, 2017, 09:41 PM

Yeah, unless I can catch a late flight out Monday night, that's one reason why I'm thinking of staying out there an extra day and coming home on the 2nd. No doubt NYE  is gonna be a long day for us football/Jacket fans and Monday morning is sure to be a bit rough.  :wink:

I was worried about the Giant game getting flexed as well but then I remembered it's the last week of the regular season and the NFL doesn't have Sunday or Monday night games that week.
actually you had me thinking.....  so i had to research, bc i know a week 17 flex has happened.  they do not schedule a SNF game on week 17, but they do have one, and the nfl determines what game it will be a week before.  They actually change the schedule around quite a bit between 12pm and 3pm games, due to playoff reasons, and so some teams don't get a "free bye".  So you will not know for sure when NYG play unit the week before.  The do not have MNF week 17.  NYG are playing the Skins......  who knows nfc east is always competitive and comes down to week 17 a lot of years.  Link to an article, showing what the nfl did for changes last year in week 17, for reference.
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-announces-schedule-changes-week-17-122516

matto77

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 10, 2017, 05:57 PM
Quote from: midwesterner on Aug 10, 2017, 03:29 PM

me too actually!

Charles Bradely got his start being a James Brown impersonator so I am thinking we might see Some JB Covers on NYE.  I got that feeling?  Sex Machine?  Get on the good foot?  Ohh man...the possibilities are endless...  Maybe we will see Jim bust his old cape out?!?  That would be dope! 

I cant believe I am going to see MMJ on NYE!  Bucketlist item for sure! Definitely makes the pain of not going to OBH4 subside.  So stoked!!!

ericm

Quote from: talltyson on Aug 11, 2017, 12:31 AM

actually you had me thinking.....  so i had to research, bc i know a week 17 flex has happened.  they do not schedule a SNF game on week 17, but they do have one, and the nfl determines what game it will be a week before.  They actually change the schedule around quite a bit between 12pm and 3pm games, due to playoff reasons, and so some teams don't get a "free bye".  So you will not know for sure when NYG play unit the week before.  The do not have MNF week 17.  NYG are playing the Skins......  who knows nfc east is always competitive and comes down to week 17 a lot of years.  Link to an article, showing what the nfl did for changes last year in week 17, for reference.
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-announces-schedule-changes-week-17-122516

Pretty sure as far as scheduling, this year will be different.

You're right about why no Monday night game week 17, but this year for week 16, the Sunday games are Christmas Eve with no game that night. So they've added two game on Sat. the 23rd with NBC (who televises the Sunday night games) getting one of those and there are two Monday night games in week 16 this year on Christmas night as well. NBC is also getting one of those.

I read it somewhere and will try to find the link but they added the extra night game to week 16 and gave one to NBC because there won't be one this year in week 17. Pretty sure it's because that night is NYE, and they don't want a conflict with that night. Eg., Say they flexed the Giants/Skins game it would certainly run right up against midnight on the east coast and create a problem for fans there as well as their viewing audience. Probably a lot to do with ratings as well because a NYE night game won't draw well nationwide, with most fans having some type of plans with their family/friends for that night. Similar reasons to why no night games on Christmas Eve in week 16.

As the schedule looks now,there is no game on the schedule for Sunday night. I guess that could change, but a normal flex has a game scheduled for a time slot and they just switch the teams out for a better Primetime matchup. I don't know they'll actually add a game to a slot that isn't scheduled but the all powerful NFL could certainly pull it off if they wanted to. For both our sakes I sure as hell hope that doesn't happen,because if both our teams are in it, we'll be sweating that possible change out all season!

"Where's Jim going?"

Fritz

Quote from: SplatSplatSplat on Aug 11, 2017, 12:02 AM
No covers. All originals.

If you think they're gonna play a show with The Motherfucking Revolution and not play some Prince, you're crazy.

Lonndown27

Quote from: ericm on Aug 11, 2017, 07:12 AM
Quote from: talltyson on Aug 11, 2017, 12:31 AM

Pretty sure as far as scheduling, this year will be different.

You're right about why no Monday night game week 17, but this year for week 16, the Sunday games are Christmas Eve with no game that night. So they've added two game on Sat. the 23rd with NBC (who televises the Sunday night games) getting one of those and there are two Monday night games in week 16 this year on Christmas night as well. NBC is also getting one of those.

I read it somewhere and will try to find the link but they added the extra night game to week 16 and gave one to NBC because there won't be one this year in week 17. Pretty sure it's because that night is NYE, and they don't want a conflict with that night. Eg., Say they flexed the Giants/Skins game it would certainly run right up against midnight on the east coast and create a problem for fans there as well as their viewing audience. Probably a lot to do with ratings as well because a NYE night game won't draw well nationwide, with most fans having some type of plans with their family/friends for that night. Similar reasons to why no night games on Christmas Eve in week 16.

As the schedule looks now,there is no game on the schedule for Sunday night. I guess that could change, but a normal flex has a game scheduled for a time slot and they just switch the teams out for a better Primetime matchup. I don't know they'll actually add a game to a slot that isn't scheduled but the all powerful NFL could certainly pull it off if they wanted to. For both our sakes I sure as hell hope that doesn't happen,because if both our teams are in it, we'll be sweating that possible change out all season!

GO SKINS!!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Varitek

Has anyone seen mention of recordings of these shows being offered up with any of the VIP packages? Similar to OBH and the 2012 New Year's run...
"Did he just put on a cape?"