1st Bank Center (Colorado) NYE Run

Started by fleedawg, Apr 15, 2017, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bengals24

Quote from: Megillah on Aug 17, 2017, 01:41 AM
Quote from: ericm on Aug 16, 2017, 08:59 PM
Quote from: Megillah on Aug 16, 2017, 08:33 PM
Does anyone know of hotels around Broomfield that offer shuttles to and from the venue? I know uber/lyft is always an option, I'm just thinking for NYE specifically it might be tough to get one after.

The Doubletree (a Hilton property) in Westminster does. It's 5 miles from the venue.

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 16, 2017, 08:38 PM
started a gofundme to help us a little bit so its looking up today guys! also got approved for overtime again, so more money that way too! doing a lot to save while still living life, shit's been rough for everyone and I think this needs to happen

There ya go. Stay positive, proactive, and it'll happen.  :thumbsup:

We've all been there and know it's not easy but I assure you, it'll be worth it. You'll remember these shows forever and be so glad you did what it took to get there.  :beer:

Thank you, I'll look into the Double Tree

So it looks like the DoubleTree does have a shuttle for trips in a 5 mile radius. Was anyone able to confirm if they'll be doing shuttles to the show and back on nye?

ericm

According to their website the Doubletree will shuttle within a six mile radius and will happily take you to the 1st Bank Center. However I just spoke to someone there to confirm this would include NYE and they told me they've cancelled their shuttles to 1st Bank because it's outside their radius! WTF?  Their site says they're 5.1 miles from the venue.

I might've just gotten someone who wasn't up on their actual policy and  I'm waiting to hear back from a manager to confirm exactly what their shuttle policy is. I'll post when I get their answer.

"Where's Jim going?"

midwesterner

Quote from: millerjustin on Aug 24, 2017, 09:17 AM
Quote from: midwesterner on Aug 23, 2017, 08:35 PM
Quote from: My Morning Tube top on Aug 23, 2017, 05:01 PM
Quote from: midwesterner on Aug 21, 2017, 12:38 PM
I personally am hoping for some new covers on 12/31. I would also like to see Charles Bradley sit in. For an opener on 12/31 I would love it to be Tonight I want to Celebrate. I hope that instead of Celebrate they play something else right after midnight. But that seems to be their go to song when the ball drops.

On 12/29 I would love to see Jim sing the Ladder with the Revolution. It is my favorite Prince song.

Everybody's looking for the ladder... great call and song. I have a dream of a rocked out, throw down emotionally charge collaboration on Beautiful Ones. Love that Jim has been singing it acoustic and would die to see it with the Revolution... Yes and Charles the heart of soul and such a sweetheart collaborating with them oh my! I know we will get some Dap Kings horns! So grateful :)

YASSSSS!!!!! It sounds like we are on the same page!

let's talk about Jim stepping in with the Revolution for Let's Go Crazy - can you imagine?

I would love to see that as well. Thinking of Jim just doing the intro to Let's Go Crazy gives me chills. Instead of asking how much time you have left ask how much of your mind you have left.

Varitek

I won't be in attendance but I have a Birthday wish for the 30th. I would absolutely love for the boys to bring out Merrill Garbus and some horns and lay down a looonnngg drawn out version of Trouble Sleep Yanga Wake Am. I can't articulate how much I cherish their cover of that song but it would make my year if they busted that one out on the 30th..
"Did he just put on a cape?"

DayDrinkin

Bengals24

Quote from: DayDrinkin on Aug 25, 2017, 08:46 AM
Did anyone get suite tickets?

How and where do you get suite tickets? What all comes with that?

millerjustin

Quote from: Bengals24 on Aug 25, 2017, 10:27 AM
Quote from: DayDrinkin on Aug 25, 2017, 08:46 AM
Did anyone get suite tickets?

How and where do you get suite tickets? What all comes with that?

they cost between $3,500 and $4,000 per night for 20-25 people.  Private suite with bathroom and drink/food service.  They are arranged at top of seats and surround the arena.  I'll be on the floor
What's in here won't disappear

midwesterner

Quote from: Varitek on Aug 25, 2017, 12:50 AM
I won't be in attendance but I have a Birthday wish for the 30th. I would absolutely love for the boys to bring out Merrill Garbus and some horns and lay down a looonnngg drawn out version of Trouble Sleep Yanga Wake Am. I can't articulate how much I cherish their cover of that song but it would make my year if they busted that one out on the 30th..

That would be really rad.

Lonndown27

12/31

1.  TONITE I WANT 2 CELEBRATE WITH U
2.  EVIL URGES
3.  IT BEATS 4 U
4.  THE DARK
5.  MASTERPLAN
6.  HOW DO YOU KNOW
7.  O IS THE ONE THAT IS REAL
8.  PICTURE OF YOU
9.  STEAM ENGINE
10.NEVER TEAR US APART    (INXS cover)
11.THEY RAN
12.-NYE COUNTDOWN
     WORDLESS CHORUS
13.CELEBRATE                        (Kool and the Gang cover)
14.I WANT 2 TAKE U HIGHER  (Sly & The Family Stone cover)
15.GET DOWN ON IT   (Kool and the Gang cover)
16.INTO THE GROOVE (Madonna cover)
17.HIT IT & QUIT IT    (Funkadelic cover)
18.COBRA                   (full)
19.EASY MORNING REBEL     (10 minutes)
20.LOVIN CUP / EASY MORNING REBEL (REPRISE)(Stones cover like Bonnaroo2006)
21.GRAB A BODY / RUN THRU (end of) / LAY LOW (end of)
22.ALUMINUM PARK
23.IT'S ABOUT TWILIGHT NOW
24.OFF THE RECORD / SPRING (instrumental jam from Merriweather)
25.PHONE WENT WEST
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
26.THE BEAR
27.ROLLIN BACK
28.GIDEON
29.ANYTIME
30.PURPLE RAIN  (Prince cover)
31.DANCEFLOORS

(with a horn section and a lot of crazy shit going down) i think this has some sick covers.

btw i checked out THE LADDER. its such a FUCK YEAH song!

EVERYBODY WANTS TO REACH THE LADDER!!!!!!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

RobRoy286

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 25, 2017, 06:58 PM
12/31

2.  EVIL URGES
3.  IT BEATS 4 U
4.  THE DARK
5.  MASTERPLAN
6.  HOW DO YOU KNOW
8.  PICTURE OF YOU
9.  STEAM ENGINE
11.THEY RAN
12.-NYE COUNTDOWN
     WORDLESS CHORUS
16.INTO THE GROOVE (Madonna cover)
17.HIT IT & QUIT IT    (Funkadelic cover)
18.COBRA                   (full)
19.EASY MORNING REBEL     (10 minutes)
20.LOVIN CUP / EASY MORNING REBEL (REPRISE)(Stones cover like Bonnaroo2006)
21.GRAB A BODY / RUN THRU (end of) / LAY LOW (end of)
22.ALUMINUM PARK
23.IT'S ABOUT TWILIGHT NOW
24.OFF THE RECORD / SPRING (instrumental jam from Merriweather)
25.PHONE WENT WEST
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
26.THE BEAR
27.ROLLIN BACK
28.GIDEON
29.ANYTIME
30.PURPLE RAIN  (Prince cover)
31.DANCEFLOORS

(with a horn section and a lot of crazy shit going down) i think this has some sick covers.

my god. What are they gonna play the other two nights?!

midwesterner

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 25, 2017, 06:58 PM

Glad you dug it. I really think Jim would kill it on vocals.

Lonndown27

Jim would kill ANYTHING on vox. He's a king a stud a champion and a god. I can't wait for these shows. My dream s getting close to a reality. Im very close to getting tickets!! So fucking excited! All three nights baby! Hope all is well guys and gals let's get this forum jumping peoples!!!!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

12/29

1.  CIRCUITAL
2.  XMAS CURTAIN
3.  COMPOUND FRACTURE
4.  OFF THE RECORD
5.  EVELYN'S NOT REAL
6.  LOWDOWN
7.  DEAR PRUDENCE (Beatles cover; w/ Bob Weir if hes here)
8.  ONLY MEMORIES REMAIN
9.  SLOW SLOW TUNE
10.THANK YOU TOO!
11.WELCOME HOME
12.KNOT COMES LOOSE
13.DEATH IS THE EASY WAY
14.HEARTBREAKIN MAN
15.JUST BECAUSE I DO
16.TAKE ME WITH U (Prince cover)
17.STATE OF THE ART
18.RUN THRU
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
19.HOW COULD I KNOW
20.SOONER
21.MELISSA  (Allman Brothers cover)
22.ALL THINGS MUST PASS (George Harrison cover with epic bombastic Pity type vers.)
23.STRANGULATION!
24.CARRIED AWAY

12/30

1.   AT DAWN
2.   ROLLIN BACK   (10 min)
3.   THE WAY THAT HE SINGS
4.   I'M AMAZED
5.   LAY LOW
6.   WAR BEGUN   (12 min)
7.   I WILL SING U SONGS   (15 min)
8.   CHILLS
9.   COME CLOSER    (7 min)
10. GOLDEN
11. I NEEDED IT MOST (Jim solo)
12. HOPEFULLY  (Jim + Carl)
13. TROUBLE SLEEP YANGA WAKE AM(w/Merril Garbus,someone said that would be cool)
14. 4th OF JULY    (12)
15. DONDANTE       (27)
16. TROPICS
17. VICTORY DANCE
18. MAHGEETA
19. SMOKIN FROM SHOOTIN
20. TOUCH ME PT. II
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
21. BERMUDA HIGHWAY (Jim solo)
22. NORTHERN SKY (Nick Drake cover)

12/31 New Years Eve (featuring The Revolution on Prince shit & Charles Bradley's horns)

2.  EVIL URGES
3.  IT BEATS 4 U
4.  THE DARK
5.  MASTERPLAN
6.  HOW DO YOU KNOW
8.  PICTURE OF YOU
9.  STEAM ENGINE
11.THEY RAN
12.-NYE COUNTDOWN
     WORDLESS CHORUS
16.RASPBERRY BERET (Prince cover)     /  MISS YOU (Stones cover)  (medley)
17.INTO THE GROOVE (Madonna cover)
18.HIT IT & QUIT IT    (Funkadelic cover)
19.COBRA                   (full)
20.EASY MORNING REBEL     (10 minutes)
21.LOVIN CUP / EASY MORNING REBEL (REPRISE)(Stones cover like Bonnaroo2006)
22.GRAB A BODY / RUN THRU (end of) / LAY LOW (end of)
23.ALUMINUM PARK
24.IT'S ABOUT TWILIGHT NOW
25.OFF THE RECORD / SPRING (instrumental jam from Merriweather)
26.PHONE WENT WEST
27.THE BEAR
28.WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS NOW (Burt Bacharach cover)
29.GIDEON
30.ANYTIME
31.DANCEFLOORS
32.PURPLE RAIN (Prince cover, without the annoying saxes that ruin the OBH3 version)

and then my brains blow out

millerjustin

they will play whatever Jim's feeling that day.....
What's in here won't disappear

rkwedge

Quote from: millerjustin on Aug 30, 2017, 10:43 AM
Yes they will. Please feel like "Rollin Back" Jim :thumbsup:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

sillyboob

I kinda wonder about that.  I'd think the setlists are likely planned out a day or two ahead of the 3 shows, to make sure there are no repeats.  Plus, with the covers they will likely play, gotta make sure everyone knows their parts. 

I'm wondering how the New Year's setlists will look like compared to OBH4.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

midwesterner

I bet NYE's set list is planned a few days out especially if they are planning any new covers or will be using horns.

Lonndown27

Quote from: rkwedge on Aug 30, 2017, 12:48 PM
Yes they will. Please feel like "Rollin Back" Jim :thumbsup:

i hope its not just whatever he's feeling like...i hope it's what the whole band wants to play. These are just guesses but if they annoy the christ outta you, I'll refrain and keep them to myself

sillyboob

I kinda like the commentary that comes with your setlist.  Like mentioning how the sax ruins Purple Rain at OBH3. That cracked me up. 

If you don't have it, track down the audio from Lockn 2016 for a great version of Purple Rain.  Only beef is a minor skip in the audio feed in the recording, but other than that it's great!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Lonndown27

Quote from: sillyboob on Aug 30, 2017, 09:20 PM
I kinda like the commentary that comes with your setlist.  Like mentioning how the sax ruins Purple Rain at OBH3. That cracked me up. 

If you don't have it, track down the audio from Lockn 2016 for a great version of Purple Rain.  Only beef is a minor skip in the audio feed in the recording, but other than that it's great!

i just get that my setlists  could be annoying to some people ahahah or most hahah who knows but thanks Sillybooby! DOOD LOCKN IS MY FAVORITE PURPLE RAIN!!! ITS INCREDIBLE!!! The only shame is that it didn't keep going! It was absolutely golden!!!! It's yet to be topped and the wailing overwailing saxes in Purple Rain from OBH3 are just waaaay too much for it and waaaaay too over the top / big-rock-spectacle type thing that it gets cheesy. Doing Purple Rain is kinda a big-rock-spectacle / over the top thing to do anyway! but the Jacket's arrangement is what makes it work , makes it powerful and perfect! The saxes are just waaaaay too much pomp and circumstance!

the Electric Forest performance on youtube was incredible too! it reaches for the sky! there's a few more that come to mind, either way, we need to see it on NYE after midnight!