1st Bank Center (Colorado) NYE Run

Started by fleedawg, Apr 15, 2017, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megillah

Quote from: ericm on Aug 24, 2017, 10:39 AM
According to their website the Doubletree will shuttle within a six mile radius and will happily take you to the 1st Bank Center. However I just spoke to someone there to confirm this would include NYE and they told me they've cancelled their shuttles to 1st Bank because it's outside their radius! WTF?  Their site says they're 5.1 miles from the venue.

I might've just gotten someone who wasn't up on their actual policy and  I'm waiting to hear back from a manager to confirm exactly what their shuttle policy is. I'll post when I get their answer.

Any update on this?

Lonndown27

Damnit cancer is such a scary thing. I've been a smoker since 16 and I've already cut back now to only smoking after 6pm . It's at least something. Anytime i hear about cancer ravaging someone awesome it's hard to hear.  My dad had and beat cancer as well. His father had terminal cancer.  Everyone take care of themselves and each other.  Scary fucked up world guys.

#keepchinsup
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

ericm

Quote from: Megillah on Sep 06, 2017, 01:29 PM
Quote from: ericm on Aug 24, 2017, 10:39 AM
According to their website the Doubletree will shuttle within a six mile radius and will happily take you to the 1st Bank Center. However I just spoke to someone there to confirm this would include NYE and they told me they've cancelled their shuttles to 1st Bank because it's outside their radius! WTF?  Their site says they're 5.1 miles from the venue.

I might've just gotten someone who wasn't up on their actual policy and  I'm waiting to hear back from a manager to confirm exactly what their shuttle policy is. I'll post when I get their answer.

Any update on this?

Yes but didn't get much more help as it wasn't a manager. Now they're saying the shuttle does go to the venue or anywhere within six miles. ( Google maps says it only 3+ miles away)  Normally they stop running at 9:30 pm and they didn't have an answer for me as to if that's still the case on event nights at 1st Bank Center.

I've stayed at several hotels that have shuttles to concerts and have never had one that will take us there but not come and pick us back up.   :huh:

I'm staying there either way and will definitely be following up on this with a manager but so far haven't had one there when I've called. It doesn't seem like the desk really knows what the deal is.
"Where's Jim going?"

Lonndown27

This is very interesting indeed let's hope they will take us back cause I plan on being fucccccked up . PLUS it's been hard to drive even sober after two Jacket shows from the intense pummeling they give us
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

walterfredo

Sooooo bummed! I hope he fights through it.

I wonder if they'll find a replacement or just do an evening with, maybe add some horns?

midwesterner

Quote from: walterfredo on Sep 07, 2017, 11:08 AM
Sooooo bummed! I hope he fights through it.

I wonder if they'll find a replacement or just do an evening with, maybe add some horns?

I think there will be a replacement I just hope it isn't Fruit Bats or Barr Brothers.

millerjustin

I'm assuming horns are a priority, so maybe Antibalas?  also noting PHJB doesn't have anything on the books (officially anyway)
What's in here won't disappear

midwesterner

Quote from: millerjustin on Sep 08, 2017, 09:15 AM
I'm assuming horns are a priority, so maybe Antibalas?  also noting PHJB doesn't have anything on the books (officially anyway)

Antibalas would be awesome. Along that same line of thinking Budos Band would be cool. I think Pres Hall is a strong possibility.

Bearski

Quote from: millerjustin on Aug 25, 2017, 12:12 PM
Quote from: Bengals24 on Aug 25, 2017, 10:27 AM
Quote from: DayDrinkin on Aug 25, 2017, 08:46 AM
Did anyone get suite tickets?

How and where do you get suite tickets? What all comes with that?

they cost between $3,500 and $4,000 per night for 20-25 people.  Private suite with bathroom and drink/food service.  They are arranged at top of seats and surround the arena.  I'll be on the floor

I can Also put you in touch with my friends who have suite connections for $280 for the 3 nights so you don't have to buy the whole suite.... it really is an awesome way to experience the venue :beer:

nalliegator

Any local fans have a spare bedroom to rent out 12/28 - 01/02?  Hotel accommodations during this time are outrageous! 

dcfire

Have checked Airbnb or Boulder? Boulder prices were lower than denver when i booked

Quote from: nalliegator on Sep 21, 2017, 09:41 PM
Any local fans have a spare bedroom to rent out 12/28 - 01/02?  Hotel accommodations during this time are outrageous!

Lonndown27

ohhhhhh my god cannot wait for this !!!!

subinai

Lonndown27

Charles Bradley RIP ....really messed up, really saddened by this and now im listening to his cover of Black Sabbath's Changes for the first time, reading a great interview from him too. He seems like such a soul man, such a power of human soul.

ericm

The countdown has begun!  :thumbsup:

Three months from tomorrow this Jersey boy will be in Colorado getting ready for the run.  :grin:   

Can't wait to get together with everyone and getting our much needed Jacket fix.   :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

millerjustin

Quote from: ericm on Sep 26, 2017, 09:21 PM
The countdown has begun!  :thumbsup:

Three months from tomorrow this Jersey boy will be in Colorado getting ready for the run.  :grin:   

Can't wait to get together with everyone and getting our much needed Jacket fix.   :beer:

likewise!!  this run will be epic.

92 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What's in here won't disappear

midwesterner

A friend has two extras for 12/31. If anyone needs them I bet they woudl sell for face with out fees to save a little