1st Bank Center (Colorado) NYE Run

Started by fleedawg, Apr 15, 2017, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonndown27

i dont know yet how we're getting out there or where we're staying but we have options !!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

RobRoy286

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Dec 06, 2017, 01:30 PM
i dont know yet how we're getting out there or where we're staying but we have options !!
No idea?! Where you comin from?

abernethy89

I tried to search for an answer to this but couldn't find anything.  Does anyone know if you'll be able to get early entry as a Roll Call member without the lanyard by showing proof of membership on your phone?

We moved recently and I have searched single nook and cranny of our home but cannot for the life of me find my lanyard

Thanks!

ericm

Quote from: abernethy89 on Dec 07, 2017, 03:13 PM
I tried to search for an answer to this but couldn't find anything.  Does anyone know if you'll be able to get early entry as a Roll Call member without the lanyard by showing proof of membership on your phone?

We moved recently and I have searched single nook and cranny of our home but cannot for the life of me find my lanyard

Thanks!

They've always allowed that in the past and I can't see any reason why they wouldn't continue to allow it.

As long as its current or for the lanyards they're honoring for these shows, you should be fine.   :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

abernethy89

Quote from: ericm on Dec 07, 2017, 04:14 PM
Quote from: abernethy89 on Dec 07, 2017, 03:13 PM

Thanks!

They've always allowed that in the past and I can't see any reason why they wouldn't continue to allow it.

As long as its current or for the lanyards they're honoring for these shows, you should be fine.   :thumbsup:

Awesome, thanks! First time going without having my lanyard and I didn't want to miss out on the benefits!

Lonndown27

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Dec 07, 2017, 10:39 AM

only from Salt Lake City Utah so we've got options, we're way closer than most of you guys and gals, so a bit nervousness but not much anxiety, I know we'll get there it's just I wanna get this settled way ahead of time. Saved away 300 bucks already too for this trip, set aside. Got three more pay checks for this trip too and have stolen any overtime hours i can get, gone without my 45 minute lunches (you have to clock out for them so its basically unpaid time, so i've been squeaking out two 15 minute breaks in an 8+ hour shift and gotten by with having that extra smoke break while doing the garbages or something, just trying to save everything I can).

BTW does anyone know of a top notch spa in Denver? I wanna set up a spa day for Chelsea to just lay her head down and be exalted to the heavens of comfortability while I head to a dispensary get a shit ton of weed and show up at some bar and hang out with all of you guys while getting roasted and toasted....ripped to the tits as one Hunter S. Thompson would say.

btw its not just that we've sat on our asses and just said "we don't know how we're getting there" we just cannot decide whether to drive, fly or take a train even. We hate the hassle of flying, love the timeliness and the guarantees (mostly) of getting there at a certain time, whereas the weather associated with driving scares us a bit away, whereas would it be costlier to fly or drive? we are figuring all of that out right now little by little. We're gonna cut it a bit close but I guarantee you by December 15th we'll have
everything settled.

Also talk of a bonus at my job for catching a thief in the act.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Bulldog

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Dec 08, 2017, 01:49 PM
Quote from: RobRoy286 on Dec 07, 2017, 10:39 AM

Congrats, heres to hoping the bonus shows up !!

only from Salt Lake City Utah so we've got options, we're way closer than most of you guys and gals, so a bit nervousness but not much anxiety, I know we'll get there it's just I wanna get this settled way ahead of time. Saved away 300 bucks already too for this trip, set aside. Got three more pay checks for this trip too and have stolen any overtime hours i can get, gone without my 45 minute lunches (you have to clock out for them so its basically unpaid time, so i've been squeaking out two 15 minute breaks in an 8+ hour shift and gotten by with having that extra smoke break while doing the garbages or something, just trying to save everything I can).

BTW does anyone know of a top notch spa in Denver? I wanna set up a spa day for Chelsea to just lay her head down and be exalted to the heavens of comfortability while I head to a dispensary get a shit ton of weed and show up at some bar and hang out with all of you guys while getting roasted and toasted....ripped to the tits as one Hunter S. Thompson would say.

btw its not just that we've sat on our asses and just said "we don't know how we're getting there" we just cannot decide whether to drive, fly or take a train even. We hate the hassle of flying, love the timeliness and the guarantees (mostly) of getting there at a certain time, whereas the weather associated with driving scares us a bit away, whereas would it be costlier to fly or drive? we are figuring all of that out right now little by little. We're gonna cut it a bit close but I guarantee you by December 15th we'll have
everything settled.

Also talk of a bonus at my job for catching a thief in the act.

wrgcucin

This may be desperate (it is), but does anyone have any special ins/connections for flight discounts? I could pitch my obsession with  MMJ but here I am already on this thread, after all. My best friend moved out there and we are trying to make at least one of these shows. I've been following all the flight deal apps for quite some time but haven't found many deals.
If not, I'll be there in spirit (and hopefully a live stream haha)!

RobRoy286

Quote from: wrgcucin on Dec 08, 2017, 07:30 PM
This may be desperate (it is), but does anyone have any special ins/connections for flight discounts? I could pitch my obsession with  MMJ but here I am already on this thread, after all. My best friend moved out there and we are trying to make at least one of these shows. I've been following all the flight deal apps for quite some time but haven't found many deals.
If not, I'll be there in spirit (and hopefully a live stream haha)!
My buddy said flights are crazy right now. His dad flies a lot and gets mega discounts but they still couldn't find a reasonable flight.

Lonndown27

RobRoy286

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Dec 09, 2017, 01:58 PM
shitfuck
That is from Chicago or Detroit though. May have better luck out west.

ericm

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Dec 10, 2017, 09:49 AM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Dec 09, 2017, 01:58 PM
shitfuck
That is from Chicago or Detroit though. May have better luck out west.

Flights from the east coast are still in the "shitfuck" range as well.
"Where's Jim going?"

RobRoy286

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Lonndown27

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Dec 10, 2017, 12:42 PM
Dude let's fuckin go

Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 10, 2017, 07:10 PM
19 DAYS!!!!!

FUCK YES GUYS!!!!!!!!!  THIS IS GONNA BE SO FUN!!!!

But this...

Quote from: wcarts on Dec 10, 2017, 11:01 AM
Ticket available for all three nights!

I'll be in Denver with a small group from NC and have an extra ticket that I would like to share with another nice person that would be cool partying with our little squad of psychonauts.

Hopefully that person would be fun, adventurous and female to round out the mix!

so creepy the first post faceless Jacket show pickup for chicks...come on man...just meet someone at the show...but your post was mostly innocent so whatevs man  :cool: :grin:

:grin: btw,
im listening to that Cincy bootleg that was just posted onthe Facebook page and holy fuck...that Steam Engine .....

that jacket with the cryptic logo we saw is getting more and more interesting for me...that's gotta be new live album artwork.

Also.....fuck stil haven't figured transportation out, i get paid this Friday, may just drop dough on plane tickets right then and there to save money in the end.

Gonna be a rough bit but.....fuck this is so worth it, guys.

This will be the single coolest concert run i've ever seen and I've seen The Stones, The Who, Wilco, this band twice, Bob Dylan, Flaming Lips twice, Billy Joel, Modest Mouse 5 times, Pearl Jam, Ariel Pink, Arcade Fire, Tame Impala (fucking epic), ZZ Top etc. I've never done anything like this with my girlfriend, although we traveled a fair bit as a family when i was younger.

EVERYONE...........................................the testament of our kings takes fruit

wrgcucin

blessings to all of you. if a miracle comes my way, i'll see you there. if not, enjoy the jacket and happy new years!  i'll probably repeat this before the shows :)

Lonndown27

Quote from: wrgcucin on Dec 11, 2017, 11:28 AM
blessings to all of you. if a miracle comes my way, i'll see you there. if not, enjoy the jacket and happy new years!  i'll probably repeat this before the shows :)

thank you thats extremely nice of you to say !!! post more!

btw, we have a Laquinta Inn booking from a month and a half ago that we could cancel up to a day before, so we did have that taken care of. We've been researching everything, we're gonna have an option that we'll take by Friday or Saturday, cause i get paid on Friday. Should be a colossal check (at least that i'm used to). Dont worry, we'll fuckin be there! We're not missing this for anything. We are heading in the direction of driving there though.

johnnYYac

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Dec 11, 2017, 12:58 PM

btw, we have a Laquinta Inn booking from a month and a half ago that we could cancel up to a day before, so we did have that taken care of. We've been researching everything, we're gonna have an option that we'll take by Friday or Saturday, cause i get paid on Friday. Should be a colossal check (at least that i'm used to). Dont worry, we'll fuckin be there! We're not missing this for anything. We are heading in the direction of driving there though.
Lonn, is that La Quinta Inn booking in Northglenn? That's where I'll be staying with the Forum's own Fiddle Castro! I'll be driving solo from Iowa City in an 8-passenger Toyota Sienna minivan, so I'll gladly drive folks from that neck of the woods to the venue. I can't drink much, due to medications, so I will gladly be designated driver for folks nearby. Just no pukers!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Lonndown27

Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 11, 2017, 01:21 PM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Dec 11, 2017, 12:58 PM

Lonn, is that La Quinta Inn booking in Northglenn? That's where I'll be staying with the Forum's own Fiddle Castro! I'll be driving solo from Iowa City in an 8-passenger Toyota Sienna minivan, so I'll gladly drive folks from that neck of the woods to the venue. I can't drink much, due to medications, so I will gladly be designated driver for folks nearby. Just no pukers!

ahahahaha oh my god!! this is so awesome!! hahah no way this is beautiful!!!! we're gonna have so much fun guys!!!! ill be glad to share anything I can with anyone!!! we may have a rental car so we can drive as well if you plan on getting toasted (smokin weed) as hell Johnny!

Stevie

if you happen to be female, i bet wcarts would pay for your ticket out (under the not so subtle requirement that you're "adventurous").