1st Bank Center (Colorado) NYE Run

Started by fleedawg, Apr 15, 2017, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevbot9

Live For Live Music is giving away 2 3-night VIP tickets with flights and a hotel! For those of you looking for a miracle!
https://p.antavo.com/FBm/%2B77850/

johnnYYac

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Dec 11, 2017, 01:59 PM
ahahahaha oh my god!! this is so awesome!! hahah no way this is beautiful!!!! we're gonna have so much fun guys!!!! ill be glad to share anything I can with anyone!!! we may have a rental car so we can drive as well if you plan on getting toasted (smokin weed) as hell Johnny!
Oh, is that what "toasted" means?  :rolleyes:

I'll bring my Omnichords for a jam session in my room. I asked the band (no joke) if I could sit in to play the 'chord for Touch Me 2, but got shot down. They were, however, impressed by my "gumption"...  :cool:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

rkwedge

Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 11, 2017, 09:21 PM
ahahahaha oh my god!! this is so awesome!! hahah no way this is beautiful!!!! we're gonna have so much fun guys!!!! ill be glad to share anything I can with anyone!!! we may have a rental car so we can drive as well if you plan on getting toasted (smokin weed) as hell Johnny!
I'll bring my Omnichords for a jam session in my room. I asked the band (no joke) if I could sit in to play the 'chord for Touch Me 2, but got shot down. They were, however, impressed by my "gumption"...  :cool:
Damn, John you could have been the 6th "Jacket"  :grin:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

millerjustin

Quote from: rkwedge on Dec 12, 2017, 12:27 AM
Damn, John you could have been the 6th “Jacket”  :grin:

Ryan Pickett has that title, but Yac is a close second (tied with Rocky of course). 

FWIW, Yac would have done a better job on TM2 at Forest Hills this past summer - Jim's temp tech F'ed it all up
What's in here won't disappear

wrgcucin

y'all are the greatest. I'm coming from Cincy (if I make it). I just entered that contest so may the Jacket  Gods descend upon my fortune so I can get toasted with all you fine folks!

easy way

Quote from: millerjustin on Dec 12, 2017, 09:34 AM
Quote from: rkwedge on Dec 12, 2017, 12:27 AM
Damn, John you could have been the 6th "Jacket"  :grin:

Ryan Pickett has that title, but Yac is a close second (tied with Rocky of course). 

http://forum.mymorningjacket.net/index.php?topic=1645.0
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

Lonndown27

Ryan Pickett we love you!!! Let's all give Ryan cool gifts and trinkets and funny stuff when we're in Denver.  Something tells me this is gonna be really unreal. Something tells me we may get to see band and crew out and about town
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

jttouch2

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Dec 13, 2017, 06:43 PM
Ryan Pickett we love you!!! Let's all give Ryan cool gifts and trinkets and funny stuff when we're in Denver.  Something tells me this is gonna be really unreal. Something tells me we may get to see band and crew out and about town
Here's to hoping they heard about the same local restaurants I did lol

millerjustin

you can count on it - but I always suggest just letting the wildlife roam freely - head nods and fist bumps - they'll let you know if the situation is selfie-worthy lol

d_wil

Quote from: jttouch2 on Dec 14, 2017, 12:12 AM
Here's to hoping they heard about the same local restaurants I did lol

For the Denver locals or frequent visitors: what are some suggestions? I have a few days prior to the shows booked off to be a tourist, ski one day, etc.

millerjustin

gastronauts Thursday night for Jacktivist auction and meet-up

bunch of people skiing Loveland Friday morning

Old Major in Denver is a cool restaurant to check out too

Lonndown27

Quote from: millerjustin on Dec 14, 2017, 10:55 AM

you can count on it - but I always suggest just letting the wildlife roam freely - head nods and fist bumps - they'll let you know if the situation is selfie-worthy lol

I'm never one to put a phone in people's faces, i hardly even have mine in front of my own. That's why there's no pictures of when i met Tom or Bo....that's also my anxiety for ya

i cannot wait for some damn good food!!!

oh wait, i dont have to: my girlfriend is the greatest cook ever known to man and I love helping her do it  :cool:

but it'll be a welcome break for her to not have to worry and just gourge some great stuff
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

rkwedge

It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Emb1528

Pre-show excitement is in full effect right now!! Next up, extreme pre-show anxiety.
Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

millerjustin

RobRoy286

Really hoping these soundboards get released but with a live album in the works as well as OBH4 soon afterwards, I'm preparing for disappointment :(

Lonndown27

guys.....
my work fucked me over. I cant even believe it. I'm not even gonna be able to make it, gonna try to sell the tickets somehow. Im still gonna fight them on it and see if somehow, someway I can get there even if its just for NYE night. Ive been absolutely distraught all weekend.

Really hard for me to even post on here, or listen to the band, since I found out they were gonna fuck me in the ass. We've had people get fired and quit en masse the last two months and so all of this bullshit gets dumped on me, all of this responsibility, all of this pressure. But Im gonna try and fight this. It's absolutely WRONG of them to approve a trip twice, knowing I'm spending money on it, preparing for it and then 15 days from the day Im gonna be there, two days after finalizing my schedule with the trip in mind, and you do that.

It's almost ruined MMJ for me guys.
I'll never have another opportunity like this again.
New Years Eve with the one I love, on vacation. MMJ. A state away. In a legalized state.
Everyone from the forum being there. Everyone I wanna meet and hang out with.

Anyone who helped me through the GoFund Me will be paid back in full, whether I sell the tickets, or somehow someway I convince them with a brilliant speech and somehow keep the trip going.
That is a promise I will keep and have no problem being held to.

I love you guys.....it's just gonna be a really really really long time before I get over this.

RobRoy286

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Dec 17, 2017, 08:50 PM
guys.....
my work fucked me over. I cant even believe it. I'm not even gonna be able to make it, gonna try to sell the tickets somehow. Im still gonna fight them on it and see if somehow, someway I can get there even if its just for NYE night. Ive been absolutely distraught all weekend.

Really hard for me to even post on here, or listen to the band, since I found out they were gonna fuck me in the ass. We've had people get fired and quit en masse the last two months and so all of this bullshit gets dumped on me, all of this responsibility, all of this pressure. But Im gonna try and fight this. It's absolutely WRONG of them to approve a trip twice, knowing I'm spending money on it, preparing for it and then 15 days from the day Im gonna be there, two days after finalizing my schedule with the trip in mind, and you do that.

It's almost ruined MMJ for me guys.
I'll never have another opportunity like this again.
New Years Eve with the one I love, on vacation. MMJ. A state away. In a legalized state.
Everyone from the forum being there. Everyone I wanna meet and hang out with.

Anyone who helped me through the GoFund Me will be paid back in full, whether I sell the tickets, or somehow someway I convince them with a brilliant speech and somehow keep the trip going.
That is a promise I will keep and have no problem being held to.

I love you guys.....it's just gonna be a really really really long time before I get over this.

Dude :(