Get My Morning Jacket To New Zealand

Started by DionJamieson, Apr 17, 2017, 11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DionJamieson

over the 6 years or so that ive been a fan, Ive always wanted one thing... To see my morning jacket live. So i want to try and get them down to New Zealand (specifically the south island, but anywhere would be fine )  I seen they have been here before in 2009, sadly before i knew about them.
So if there are any other people who want them down here, try and do what ever you can to get there attention. i tweet at them a bit, and bo and tom(before he disappeared off twitter) normally like those tweets.
A tour that came here would be incredible with there new album to come.

Lonndown27

Quote from: DionJamieson on Apr 17, 2017, 11:48 PM
over the 6 years or so that ive been a fan, Ive always wanted one thing... To see my morning jacket live. So i want to try and get them down to New Zealand (specifically the south island, but anywhere would be fine )  I seen they have been here before in 2009, sadly before i knew about them.
So if there are any other people who want them down here, try and do what ever you can to get there attention. i tweet at them a bit, and bo and tom(before he disappeared off twitter) normally like those tweets.
A tour that came here would be incredible with there new album to come.

im sure they came back to Australia in 2012 too ! you may have just BARELY missed them that time, i'm sorry bro. I know how it is living without the live Jacket shows and I'm living in the USA still so i'm spoiled in comparison with just seeing two shows.

I really hope you get the chance to see them again and again and again and again until your heart explodes, but a Red Rocks adventure really would be worth the long flight, I attest this to you Dion!!! thanks for posting and welcome to the forum!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

DionJamieson

i would do anything to go to a red rocks. im going to start saving money now for a holiday over there sometime MMJ play there again. i have this huge fear they'll stop playing by the time i get the money. cant imagine them stopping anytime soon though.
Anyway thanks for replying Lonndown27, you've already made me feel welcome here

Lonndown27

Quote from: DionJamieson on Apr 19, 2017, 10:12 AM
i would do anything to go to a red rocks. im going to start saving money now for a holiday over there sometime MMJ play there again. i have this huge fear they'll stop playing by the time i get the money. cant imagine them stopping anytime soon though.
Anyway thanks for replying Lonndown27, you've already made me feel welcome here

hey no problemo! hahaha everyone should feel welcome and alive on here, this is a great place! Every time someone's met someone from this board in real life, at a show etc, it's always been a good experience and has turned into real friendships, from what I've heard.

I know the money issue is always something I have to get in debates with Chelsea about! I'm hoping there'll be no debate about NYE in Denver because she's got family in Colorado, too and we need a vacation. It'd be perfect. I hope you can make it to that Dion, there's supposedly New Year's Eve (1 or maybe even a 3 night stand) in Denver! If you can swing it, that'd be an amazing first time to see the band!!

I really hope you get the chance to experience them live! I always feel envious of the huge Jacket fans on here who've had the money and werewithall to follow the band everywhere, with some people seeing the band 30+ times! I feel so lucky just to have witnessed 2 separate 2 and a half hour (the second show was maybe 2 hours 10 minutes though, first one was 2 hours and 34 on the dot)  shows by them and both of them had different setlists and lots of treats for me as a fan, especially for only seeing them twice!

Your time will come, though, trust me! It'll feel like you're being transported into another galaxy when that intro tape comes on!

For now, like me, you should get heavy into the forum and read all you can, people on here know their shit and love this band and support them with everything they've got. Parkervb, JohnnyYac, Rkwedge, Mr. White, millerjustin, CHIMMJFan, Oistheones are ALL amazing people and there's many many many more that I'm just getting to know, too. My Morning Sweatshirt is a badass too, there's so many great people on here.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018