Cant believe the boys are playing to just 3,000 people in ME & VT!

Started by beardedwonder, Jun 29, 2017, 10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beardedwonder

This is just hitting me. Both venues (Portland Pier & Shelburne Museum) have a capacity of only 3k ticket holders. THIS IS INSANE!!! This seems like a special treat for us fans in the NE and Im so stoked to be a part of it!

Less than two weeks away!!!!!  :cheesy:
"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"

millerjustin

Quote from: beardedwonder on Jun 29, 2017, 10:03 AM
This is just hitting me. Both venues (Portland Pier & Shelburne Museum) have a capacity of only 3k ticket holders. THIS IS INSANE!!! This seems like a special treat for us fans in the NE and Im so stoked to be a part of it!

and neither sold out, so I'm guessing 2,000 or less at both shows

(by contrast, Port Chester was 1,800 per night and Beacon approx. 3,000 - first OBH was probably 1,700 range)  It'll be pretty intimate for sure.  Artpark in 2015 was probably less than 1,000 - great show
What's in here won't disappear

beardedwonder

Quote from: millerjustin on Jun 29, 2017, 10:14 AM
Quote from: beardedwonder on Jun 29, 2017, 10:03 AM

and neither sold out, so I'm guessing 2,000 or less at both shows

(by contrast, Port Chester was 1,800 per night and Beacon approx. 3,000 - first OBH was probably 1,700 range)  It'll be pretty intimate for sure.  Artpark in 2015 was probably less than 1,000 - great show

Wow! I missed out on those shows completely and I guess I never noticed the capacity of those venues. Im still kicking myself for not road tripping to NY. Ive seen them outdoors at only Newport FF and RR so I had in my head 10,000 people.
"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"

Cameron

i don't think i've ever seen them in a non-festival with more than 3,000 people.

LBSUNFLWR

The venue in Cincinnati holds 4100 but wasn't sold out. The Ascend in Nashville holds 6800, wonder how the ticket sales are going there. Merriweather holds over 19,000 though.

looks like it's all over the map.

millerjustin

Quote from: Cameron on Jun 29, 2017, 11:53 AM
i don't think i've ever seen them in a non-festival with more than 3,000 people.

ooo, almost forgot Waterfall release shows in Louisville April 2015 - 250 people.  was crazy
What's in here won't disappear

odelljaj

Ascend won't be sold out. All seats and PIT are sold out.  LAWN will be decently packed

walterfredo

I'd say their biggest non-fest show was MSG NYE and that was pretty damn full, I'd say easily 15K.  Boston NYE at Agganis seemed pretty full as well, I'd guess 5-6K.

Quote from: millerjustin on Jun 29, 2017, 12:03 PM
ooo, almost forgot Waterfall release shows in Louisville April 2015 - 250 people.  was crazy

wife and I got to see the Mack Sennett show in L.A. right before (or after?) the L-ville, probably similar size.

midwesterner

Honestly it doesn't surprise me at all. 2500-3000 person venues are the size they should be aiming for.

slappymoe

it sure was. :thumbsup:

i won tickets for the first of those two shows.  been pretty lucky with fan club drawings, also got to see jim at the basement in nashville when he premiered his first solo album. 50 roll callers + guest.  good times :beer:

ericm

Quote from: walterfredo on Jun 29, 2017, 01:12 PM

I'd say their biggest non-fest show was MSG NYE and that was pretty damn full, I'd say easily 15K.  Boston NYE at Agganis seemed pretty full as well, I'd guess 5-6K.

wife and I got to see the Mack Sennett show in L.A. right before (or after?) the L-ville, probably similar size.

The Halloween YUM show had a pretty big crowd. I know it's a big arena and not sure what its capacity is or if that show was sold out but I'd bet it holds close to if not more than 15-17k. I'd say that show easily had well over 10k and probably closer to 15k than 10k.

"Where's Jim going?"

Varitek

Not to burst any bubbles but.....
MMJ are playing at Thompson's Point and not the Maine State Pier. Thompson's point is a big GA space that can get to 5000 or so.
That being said, it's still a nice low key spot outside that should be a ton of fun
"Did he just put on a cape?"