OBH4 Thoughts

Started by sillyboob, May 03, 2017, 10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkervb

idk about that, but I've been lucky to be at some seminal shows in last 5 yrs. I'll make it to OBH soon enough and it will be glorious and hopefully a lil weird.
Don't you ever turn it off

rkwedge

Quote from: parkervb on May 18, 2017, 10:06 AM
idk about that, but I've been lucky to be at some seminal shows in last 5 yrs. I'll make it to OBH soon enough and it will be glorious and hopefully a lil weird.
HaHa, yes definitely a little weird with 2500+ a "little weird" friends. You'll love it!
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

millerjustin

Quote from: rkwedge on May 18, 2017, 10:24 AM
Quote from: parkervb on May 18, 2017, 10:06 AM
HaHa, yes definitely a little weird with 2500+ a "little weird" friends. You'll love it!

a LOT weird
What's in here won't disappear

1karen1

Quote from: parkervb on May 16, 2017, 02:05 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on May 15, 2017, 04:52 PM
Quote from: parkervb on May 15, 2017, 04:16 PM
Quote from: millerjustin on May 15, 2017, 12:49 PM
Quote from: teej on May 15, 2017, 12:17 PM
Quote from: millerjustin on May 15, 2017, 12:02 PM
sadly, I'm starting to hear rumblings of no OBH4 until 2019.....
Nooooooooo. Can you share any more info?

just general rumblings and logistical speculation given the NYE run that's about to be announced - seems unlikely that they would try to promote and sell both events at the same time.  But who knows?  just take my money!!

and it's not terrible long term strategy to skip a year now and then. I mean, they completely sold it out after taking a year off after not selling it out the first two years right?

I could be wrong, but I think OBH2 and OBH3 were both sold out. OBH1 was not.

yea, i had it mixed up in that OBH2 did sell out but had lower capacity than OBH3.  Still think it's a viable long term strategy to take a year off now and then to not make it so predictable that people go "I can just go next year when they have it again"

I haven't been yet, but hope to make it once the kids are old enough to stay with someone else for a week or old enough to travel with to a resort (got a 2 month old and a 2 year old).

I had my 3 month old with me this year.

sillyboob

Somebody on the Facebook page posted that OBH3 was announced on May 24th last year.  Here's to hoping we hear something, preferably good news!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

rkwedge

Quote from: sillyboob on May 24, 2017, 10:24 AM
Somebody on the Facebook page posted that OBH3 was announced on May 24th last year.  Here's to hoping we hear something, preferably good news!
Man I hope so, the wait is excruciating, especially for us on the left coast who have nothing coming up from the boys. At this point news on Denver for NYE or OBH4 would sure be nice to hear. Better yet BOTH
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

APR

Quote from: rkwedge on May 24, 2017, 12:25 PM
Man I hope so, the wait is excruciating, especially for us on the left coast who have nothing coming up from the boys. At this point news on Denver for NYE or OBH4 would sure be nice to hear. Better yet BOTH

I'm pretty sure OBH1 and 2 were announced in June.  And June is right around the corner.  They sent out a very early save the date for OBH3.

millerjustin

Quote from: APR on May 24, 2017, 01:08 PM
Quote from: rkwedge on May 24, 2017, 12:25 PM

I'm pretty sure OBH1 and 2 were announced in June.  And June is right around the corner.  They sent out a very early save the date for OBH3.

OBH3 was announced 5/24/16 (today is anniversary of that day....)

still curious how they will time and coordinate announcements for NYE and OBH4 (if it's happening in 2018)

Woldie

Friday is the anniversary of the "No OBH2016" announcement.
:shocked:
"The owls are not what they seem."

slappymoe

Quote from: Woldie on Jun 05, 2017, 12:26 PM
Friday is the anniversary of the "No OBH2016" announcement.
:shocked:

mixed feelings.......best vacation ever, and I'd find a way to go every year if they hold it every year, but every other year is a lot more affordable for this working stiff. my car is due for some major maintenance, but I'm holding off on that until I find out if i'll need a couple thousand for OBH4. questionable priorities, I know.:tongue:

just give us the word.  if they already know they're not doing it in 2018, I can't see any reason why they wouldn't let us know.

teej

The Hard Rock Riviera Maya has five different four-day blocks that are unavailable for booking right now:

January 21-24;
January 26-29;
January 31-Feb. 3;
Feb 11-Feb 14; and
Feb 16-Feb 19.

Last year, I believe Cloud 9 did four different events at HRRM:

Zac Brown Band;
One Big Holiday;
Avett Bros at the Beach; and
Widespread Panic.

I find it very hard to believe that OBH is not happening in 2018.

sillyboob

Quote from: teej on Jun 05, 2017, 01:41 PM
The Hard Rock Riviera Maya has five different four-day blocks that are unavailable for booking right now:

January 21-24;
January 26-29;
January 31-Feb. 3;
Feb 11-Feb 14; and
Feb 16-Feb 19.

Zac Brown Band;
One Big Holiday;
Widespread Panic.

This is some good detective work. 

millerjustin

Quote from: sillyboob on Jun 05, 2017, 03:49 PM

January 21-24;
January 26-29;
January 31-Feb. 3;
Feb 11-Feb 14; and
Feb 16-Feb 19.

Zac Brown Band;
One Big Holiday;
Widespread Panic.

they've had those blocks up for a couple months - I'm more focused on May 24th being the latest announcement for prior years with June 9 being the no-go announcement for 2016 - it seems we are drifting toward the latter unless C9 has pushed off announcement process (or some other delay is gating this for some reason)

teej

I'd be curious to know if the other C9 events at HRRM had been announced by the time it was confirmed that OBH was a no-go for 2016. No announcements have been made by C9 for any events at HRRM in 2018 yet despite the blocks, so it's not just OBH that is "late" to be announced (or not).

sillyboob

Quote from: millerjustin on Jun 05, 2017, 03:53 PM
Quote from: sillyboob on Jun 05, 2017, 03:49 PM

January 21-24;
January 26-29;
January 31-Feb. 3;
Feb 11-Feb 14; and
Feb 16-Feb 19.

Zac Brown Band;
One Big Holiday;
Widespread Panic.

they've had those blocks up for a couple months - I'm more focused on May 24th being the latest announcement for prior years with June 9 being the no-go announcement for 2016 - it seems we are drifting toward the latter unless C9 has pushed off announcement process (or some other delay is gating this for some reason)

Gaahh!!  More detective work, piecing together the dates, the announcements.  The stress of this all!!!

And teej makes another good point!

dss

I do wonder how much wanting to sell through summer touring impacts (plus no phish event to compete with so far this year) is prompting them to hold off on announcements in general (for all the Cloud9 events).

None of the "Jan/Feb" events have been announced yet so in spite of some of the ominous reports here that NYE in Denver is supplanting OBH, i'm holding out hope that this isn't a zero sum equation and we'll still be in Mexico come Jan/Feb next year.

I also would imagine that those 5 blocks/windows of rooms on hold would need to be released really really soon by Cloud9 if they are just holds while they determine/confirm if an event is actually happening or not.

millerjustin

Quote from: dss on Jun 05, 2017, 06:18 PM
I do wonder how much wanting to sell through summer touring impacts (plus no phish event to compete with so far this year) is prompting them to hold off on announcements in general (for all the Cloud9 events).

None of the "Jan/Feb" events have been announced yet so in spite of some of the ominous reports here that NYE in Denver is supplanting OBH, i'm holding out hope that this isn't a zero sum equation and we'll still be in Mexico come Jan/Feb next year.

I also would imagine that those 5 blocks/windows of rooms on hold would need to be released really really soon by Cloud9 if they are just holds while they determine/confirm if an event is actually happening or not.

all good points dss - this guessing game is exhausting!  for now, I have a hold on a hotel room next to the 1st bank center (Aloft) just in case and at the same time bracing myself for an OBH deposit later this month (just in case!)

Woldie

The Avett Bros just announced their return to the Riviera Maya (with an impressive lineup).  They have claimed the Super Bowl slot for 2018.   
"The owls are not what they seem."

parkervb

Quote from: Woldie on Jun 08, 2017, 12:13 PM
The Avett Bros just announced their return to the Riviera Maya (with an impressive lineup).  They have claimed the Super Bowl slot for 2018.   

probably first domino to fall so to speak in finding out soon if OBH4 is happening
Don't you ever turn it off

APR

Quote from: parkervb on Jun 08, 2017, 12:24 PM
Quote from: Woldie on Jun 08, 2017, 12:13 PM

probably first domino to fall so to speak in finding out soon if OBH4 is happening

They're going to be awfully busy if they announce one per week for the next few weeks.  I wouldn't be surprised if they space them out.  And I think it's possible MMJ could blast us with a bunch of news all at once..... NYE run, OBH happening or not, fan club details/changes.