OBH4 Thoughts

Started by sillyboob, May 03, 2017, 10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkervb

Quote from: APR on Jun 08, 2017, 08:55 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Jun 08, 2017, 12:24 PM
Quote from: Woldie on Jun 08, 2017, 12:13 PM
The Avett Bros just announced their return to the Riviera Maya (with an impressive lineup).  They have claimed the Super Bowl slot for 2018.   

probably first domino to fall so to speak in finding out soon if OBH4 is happening

They're going to be awfully busy if they announce one per week for the next few weeks.  I wouldn't be surprised if they space them out.  And I think it's possible MMJ could blast us with a bunch of news all at once..... NYE run, OBH happening or not, fan club details/changes.

totally agree, but at least announcements are starting is what I meant
Don't you ever turn it off

sillyboob

Two updates to post here, based on Facebook and Twitter posts, so take them with a grain of salt.

From Facebook, Jason Lawerence posted to the Jacket Fan Club page that he ran into a member of PHJB at Bonnaroo and asked him about OBH.  Said PHJB member said OBH4 is happening in the Dominican Republic next year.

And from Twitter, Jeff Clark posted to Jacket, JackOBH, Bo, Carl, Jim and Patrick asking: OBH4 in 2018?? The fanbase needs to prepare : ).  Patrick responds: "Never stop holding out hope. Hope is the little twinkle in a child's eye on Christmas morning. Hope is the feeling that keeps us going." And Bo responded: "I can not speak about classified information in an on going investigation in a public forum."  Things that make you say hmmmmm.....

And, also from Facebook, there apparently 2 four night blocks of rooms at the Hard Rock in the DR.  Feb 24 - 27 & Mar 2 - 5.

So now you know. 
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Bulldog

The waits killing me, that said I know I'm in the minority, but I would LUV to hit the Dominican.

Thanks for the update Silly

millerjustin

yeah the waiting is killing us!  FYI OBH1 was announced on June 11, 2013 (a Tuesday), so I'm kinda betting we will see something tomorrow.

Given the pending NYE announcement, I'd be really surprised if they announce OBH4 at all, much less a more expensive option in the DR, but who knows?  Maybe there's a "Mega" fest at the DR with MMJ appearing as co-headliner?  Otherwise, I'm not sure they would break away from C9's bundle of fests unless there's a very good reason to do so?  Assuming CID is holding the DR blocks and organizing a monster fest, maybe it makes sense for MMJ to take a year off and avoid hassle and financial risk and just take a guaranteed payday in DR so they can have a little hay in the barn prior to album (hopefully) dropping in April/May?
What's in here won't disappear

Clarkwork

I was losing hope, but now I think it will be at the DR and just a bit of a later date, especially from the twitter responses.

I'm sure the guys are dying to make announcements on everything, the fact they haven't may mean bigger stuff in the works.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

sillyboob

Quote from: millerjustin on Jun 12, 2017, 09:55 AM
yeah the waiting is killing us!  FYI OBH1 was announced on June 11, 2013 (a Tuesday), so I'm kinda betting we will see something tomorrow.

Given the pending NYE announcement, I'd be really surprised if they announce OBH4 at all, much less a more expensive option in the DR, but who knows?  Maybe there's a "Mega" fest at the DR with MMJ appearing as co-headliner?  Otherwise, I'm not sure they would break away from C9's bundle of fests unless there's a very good reason to do so?  Assuming CID is holding the DR blocks and organizing a monster fest, maybe it makes sense for MMJ to take a year off and avoid hassle and financial risk and just take a guaranteed payday in DR so they can have a little hay in the barn prior to album (hopefully) dropping in April/May?

Cloud 9 does Panic en la Playa at the Hard Rock in DR, so they could still be associated with Cloud 9 for OBH. 

But seriously, the wait is insufferable!

parkervb

so One Big Holiday Facebook account is asking what bands people would want to see a future OBH's....

bobmono

Quote from: parkervb on Jun 16, 2017, 01:56 PM
so One Big Holiday Facebook account is asking what bands people would want to see a future OBH's....

sounds like they are getting the chatter going, im thinking they announce next tuesday - right before summer tour starts.

dss

Quote from: teej on Jun 05, 2017, 01:41 PM
The Hard Rock Riviera Maya has five different four-day blocks that are unavailable for booking right now:

January 21-24;
January 26-29; (Widespread Panic)
January 31-Feb. 3; (Avetts)
Feb 11-Feb 14; and
Feb 16-Feb 19.

Last year, I believe Cloud 9 did four different events at HRRM:

Zac Brown Band;
One Big Holiday;
Avett Bros at the Beach; and
Widespread Panic.

I find it very hard to believe that OBH is not happening in 2018.

Updated to reflect Avett announcement (two weeks ago) and the WSP announcement this morning.

MMJ612

Quote from: dss on Jun 20, 2017, 02:41 PM
The Hard Rock Riviera Maya has five different four-day blocks that are unavailable for booking right now:

January 21-24;
Feb 11-Feb 14; and
Feb 16-Feb 19.

Zac Brown Band;
One Big Holiday;
Widespread Panic.

Updated to reflect Avett announcement (two weeks ago) and the WSP announcement this morning.
Quote from: dss on Jun 20, 2017, 02:41 PM

January 21-24;
Feb 11-Feb 14; and
Feb 16-Feb 19.

Zac Brown Band;
One Big Holiday;
Widespread Panic.

Good info, thanks for posting

parkervb

March 2-6 in the DR

Emb1528

Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

rumdiesel

rkwedge

Yay :cheesy: Finally, good call Justin!
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

sillyboob

Just announced, March 2 - 6 2018, Hard Rock, Dominican Republic!!!!!!!!!

oistheone

Alright, reviews of the Hard Rock in Dominican as a concert venue, let's hear 'em people!!! Anyone been to that Widespread fest??

Cameron

way early but flights are...a lot!

parkervb

Quote from: Cameron on Jun 29, 2017, 03:19 PM
way early but flights are...a lot!

$560-630 from Norfolk, VA

APR

As much as getting away from winter in late Jan/early Feb is the greatest, I'm super happy that OBH4 is officially on and about the prospect of a visiting a new country and trying to make this work.  It will be tough to beat the concert courtyard, but those in the know, please chime in about venue as oistheone requested.

Cameron