Open taping for this tour??

Started by Lynchie, Jun 07, 2017, 03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

opsopcopolis

Friend of mine was turned away at the door today in Charlotte. Told "band said no."  Anybody heard anything or is this just a case of the venue not knowing and being to stubborn to check? I've never had a problem before

Mr. White

Quote from: opsopcopolis on Jul 09, 2017, 12:24 AM
Friend of mine was turned away at the door today in Charlotte. Told "band said no."  Anybody heard anything or is this just a case of the venue not knowing and being to stubborn to check? I've never had a problem before

I'd say that was some line of pure bullshit from the staff at the venue. At last year's show at Chattanooga, people at the doors said on more than one occasion that there was to be absolutely no photography or recording. They said as per the request of the band and the venue. I managed to record a few videos but was told to stop by some usher punk who said if he saw me recording again, he'd have to kick me out. I also saw this happen to a couple of people close to the front. One guy was able to convince security his girlfriend wouldn't do it again and let her stay in the show. The next day, someone asked Tom Blankenship on Twitter about whether the band forbade taping for this one show for any kind of reason like maybe they were going to release it themselves or for whatever reason. Tom seemed shocked that was the case and said something to the effect of "first I've ever heard of that" and that no, it wasn't something the band would ever say or try to enforce. When I asked an older woman usher who looked like she had worked there forever about whether it was the band doing this because they would be filming it or recording it for release or was it simply a venue rule, she said that the venue never ever allows taping. So basically, she said the venue enforced this all the time, and this lead me to believe the punks at the door and the ushers were fucking liars. Simple.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

willsfc

Quote from: Mr. White on Jul 09, 2017, 01:05 AM
Quote from: opsopcopolis on Jul 09, 2017, 12:24 AM

I'd say that was some line of pure bullshit from the staff at the venue. At last year's show at Chattanooga, people at the doors said on more than one occasion that there was to be absolutely no photography or recording. They said as per the request of the band and the venue. I managed to record a few videos but was told to stop by some usher punk who said if he saw me recording again, he'd have to kick me out. I also saw this happen to a couple of people close to the front. One guy was able to convince security his girlfriend wouldn't do it again and let her stay in the show. The next day, someone asked Tom Blankenship on Twitter about whether the band forbade taping for this one show for any kind of reason like maybe they were going to release it themselves or for whatever reason. Tom seemed shocked that was the case and said something to the effect of "first I've ever heard of that" and that no, it wasn't something the band would ever say or try to enforce. When I asked an older woman usher who looked like she had worked there forever about whether it was the band doing this because they would be filming it or recording it for release or was it simply a venue rule, she said that the venue never ever allows taping. So basically, she said the venue enforced this all the time, and this lead me to believe the punks at the door and the ushers were fucking liars. Simple.

I taped at the Tivoli Theater show, They wouldn't let me in at first, but checked with some people and finally let me in, ended up talking to Ryan at FOH and he let me setup there and i watched the show from my balcony seats. I couldn't make it to Nashville so no idea if anyone taped that show, but sucks what happened in CLT, I hope it's just a misunderstanding with security and not some new rule.

Only time i was shut out from taping MMJ was when they played a show at Vanderbilt University and the Venue had strict rules, sucks because it was a great show :(
-will

NSLrecordings

I checked with 3 different people outside last night and 2 gave me generic responses that "not many bands allow it". The security supervisor told me she checked "3 times" and got told no from the tour staff. Definitely a load of crap considering I've taped them at this venue 3 times before with no issues at all.  Of course I hear that there was a taper in the lawn for the show after all of that
[url="//www.facebook.com/nslmedia"]www.facebook.com/nslmedia[/url] / [url="//www.nslmedia.net"]www.nslmedia.net[/url]

Lonndown27

this is outrageous! what the hell are they doing stopping tapers?!?!? This is insanity!
That Charlotte show looked extremely tiny, 17 songs??? come on Jacket...too short in my opinion. They need to stop playing at venues that enforce bullshit against their fans and enforce extreme curfews where they have to remove songs they would've otherwise played from a show that people will always remember, but will also always remember seeing their two favorite songs marked off by a black marker because of these stupid rules. It sucks.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

TOOGANS

This is venue specific policies not the band.  No need to get so upset and nothing anyone can do about the weather or venue curfews.

Lonndown27

Quote from: TOOGANS on Jul 10, 2017, 01:30 PM
This is venue specific policies not the band.  No need to get so upset and nothing anyone can do about the weather or venue curfews.

i'm not so angry just saddened by things out of people's control.

Also, the Jacket should do something a little strange, like PJ did in the mid 90s. Literally have fans set the show up for the band so all they have to do is travel and sit back and enjoy the ride, no curfews, play til dawn, the money goes directly to the band and their employees and nobody else.....

oh in a perfect world Toogans, in a perfect world!!!

Holy shit though....this Raleigh bootleg is unreal...the Jacket ARE in fine fettle , just really hate to see songs crossed off ya know? It's like the ultimate What If  :beer: :cool:
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018