Author Topic: The Black Crowes Appreciation Thread  (Read 6308 times)

Mr. White

• got that old time feeling
  • "Dissent is the highest form of patriotism" H Zinn
Re: The Black Crowes Appreciation Thread
« Reply #60 on: Jan 10, 2018, 02:26 PM »
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/chris-robinson-on-reviving-black-crowes-songs-new-band-w515202

Chris doing a little mini tour to play Black Crowes songs again.
Has Audley Freed and Marcus King on board for guitar!
Just a mini tour and I'm pretty excited they're coming within driving distance for me.

When I read about this yesterday, I thought of you and am not surprised you're up on the news and going.  Enjoy!!

ha! thanks.
I just got tickets to the show in Lexington on the presale. It's an hour and a half away on a week night, but I have to be there!! With less than 20 shows I am grateful one is close to me.

Presale code is ATCF2018 if anyone else is looking to go to any shows. Presale started about 45 minutes ago.

I wound up getting a ticket for the Nashville show on the following Sunday (April 29, 2018) at the Ryman Auditorium. I went all in and got the very expensive VIP ticket that includes the meet and greet with signed poster and more. My seat is almost dead center on the first row of wooden benches (behind two rows of folding chairs directly in front of the stage). I got the $11.60 insurance in case I can't make it (first time ever purchasing this). I got the insurance because the ticket was $178.50 after fees. My brother lives in Nashville, so I should be able to spend some time with him either before or after the show. Should be a fun show!
"War itself is the enemy of the human race." - Howard Zinn

LBSUNFLWR

« Reply #61 on: Jan 10, 2018, 02:43 PM »
I would have loved to go to The Ryman show instead, but that would have meant a hotel and time off work, etc. I've only been to The Ryman once for 2 nights of The Black Crowes in 2013. Those seats will be incredible.

I am not really a fan of the venue in Lexington where they're playing, but again, grateful to get to see one of these shows.

Shug

• Sugartown
« Reply #62 on: Jan 14, 2018, 01:17 PM »
The dude who capped on his brother for being in a "Black Crowes tribute band" is now starting his own Crowes tribute band? Can you say fucking hypocrite?  The more he runs his ignorant arrogant mouth the more I despise Chris Robinson.  What a douchebag.

https://www.jambase.com/article/chris-robinson-takes-aim-john-mayer-rich-robinson-howard-stern-show

“Donald Trump is president, John Mayer’s in the Grateful Dead and my brother is a Black Crowes tribute band.” When Howard pushed Chris for his thoughts on John Mayer, Robinson responded “the Grateful Dead has turned into this giant nipple that everyone sucks off of to get money.” He added, “I’m not a big John Mayer fan. Jerry Garcia is a hero of mine. Everything that Jerry Garcia ever talked about or stood for – John Mayer is the antithesis.” When Stern tried to rebut Chris’s take, Robinson offered, “he knows all the licks, there’s nothing unique about his playing. Jerry was one of the most unique musicians in the world. Jerry never played anyone else’s licks and now here’s John Mayer playing everyone else’s licks.”

Chris spent a few minutes talking about his distaste for his brother and other members of the Crowes. Robinson said he doesn’t hate his old mates, but wouldn’t perform with them again even if the group was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame. The vocalist also took aim at Rich’s songwriting skills.
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"