Acoustic Citsuoca or Okonokos

Started by Jackets N Pones, Jun 14, 2017, 10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackets N Pones

Which live album do you with you wish you were in the audience for? Obvious answer to me is Okonokos, but Citsuoca sounds like it was a magical Halloween night.

Ok actually I just googled Citsuoca to make sure I was right about Halloween night, and here is what I found out...

Acoustic Citsuoca is a 2004 EP by My Morning Jacket. The packaging claims it was recorded at the Startime Pavilion in Braintree, MA on October 31, 2003; however, no such venue exists, and that show did not, in fact, occur.[2] When asked by a reporter about the circumstances of the EP's recording, given that no Startime Pavilion exists in Braintree, Jim James facetiously replied, "Well,...the Startime Pavilion was only open for one show. They tore it down after we played because we rocked so hard....the structure couldn't take the impact of the rock, so they had to level it because of public safety concerns."[2] The actual recording dates were October 17, 18, and 20, 2003, in Dallas, TX, Austin, TX, and Atlanta, GA.[3]
This was the last recording to feature Johnny Quaid and Danny Cash, and James has said the EP is a "nod of appreciation" to both of them.[2]

I know Okonokos was recorded over two nights, so the hypothetical question is, do you wish you were in attendance for the Okonokos set (Only the songs recorded on live album -
Acoustic Chorale does not count), or the Acoustic Citsuoca set (all songs in one night at your interpretation of the Startime Pavilion in Braintree, MA? Pick one. My vote goes to Citsuoca.
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

Lonndown27

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Jun 14, 2017, 10:18 PM
Which live album do you with you wish you were in the audience for? Obvious answer to me is Okonokos, but Citsuoca sounds like it was a magical Halloween night.

Ok actually I just googled Citsuoca to make sure I was right about Halloween night, and here is what I found out...

Acoustic Citsuoca is a 2004 EP by My Morning Jacket. The packaging claims it was recorded at the Startime Pavilion in Braintree, MA on October 31, 2003; however, no such venue exists, and that show did not, in fact, occur.[2] When asked by a reporter about the circumstances of the EP's recording, given that no Startime Pavilion exists in Braintree, Jim James facetiously replied, "Well,...the Startime Pavilion was only open for one show. They tore it down after we played because we rocked so hard....the structure couldn't take the impact of the rock, so they had to level it because of public safety concerns."[2] The actual recording dates were October 17, 18, and 20, 2003, in Dallas, TX, Austin, TX, and Atlanta, GA.[3]
This was the last recording to feature Johnny Quaid and Danny Cash, and James has said the EP is a "nod of appreciation" to both of them.[2]

I know Okonokos was recorded over two nights, so the hypothetical question is, do you wish you were in attendance for the Okonokos set (Only the songs recorded on live album -
Acoustic Chorale does not count), or the Acoustic Citsuoca set (all songs in one night at your interpretation of the Startime Pavilion in Braintree, MA? Pick one. My vote goes to Citsuoca.

OKONOKOS was just too magical
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018