Mar 21, 2019, 01:55 am

Queens of the Stone Age

Started by parkervb, Jun 15, 2017, 12:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

parkervb

New QOTSA album coming 8/25. The ad or teaser here is legit hilarious:




Here's the first single:




They've got a great catalog.  Most underrated rock band of last 15 years or so?

(I searched but could not find a thread for them so I created this one. Admins feel free to merge if there is one.)
Don't you ever turn it off

APR

I'm a fan and am looking forward to their new music and seeing them again.  I bet they'll be around a lot in the fall....... parkervb see you in VA, DC, or MD then!  That ad was pretty funny. 

sillyboob

I completely agree with your assessment that they're the most underrated rock band of the last 15 years or so.  The Queens are great!
2012: 8/3  2015: 1/31  2/1  2/3  8/14  2017: 2/4  2/5  2/7  7/7  2018: 3/2  3/3  3/5

APR

Fall tour just announced!  Not too many bands can rock or match QOTSA's cool riffs, so yes they have been kind of under the radar/underrated for a while considering how great they are.   More recently when Like Clockwork came out they started to get more acclaim.  They are certainly very popular and playing big venues along with headlining big fests.

manonthemoon

Can't wait.  Wondering if the TBA for DC will be the new Anthem venue
Alive or Just Breathing

APR

Quote from: manonthemoon on Jun 15, 2017, 11:10 pm
Can't wait.  Wondering if the TBA for DC will be the new Anthem venue


I'm sure it is.  They announced the Foo Fighter show and said more Anthem October shows will be announced soon.  See you there!

Fritz

Villains is a good fuckin' record!

It also features a fun and unexpected game called Spot the Georgia Satellites Referenceā„¢. Didn't see that coming...

walterfredo

Seeing them for the first time in January. Don't really know their music, but really looking forward to it.

APR

Quote from: walterfredo on Oct 27, 2017, 05:44 pm
Seeing them for the first time in January. Don't really know their music, but really looking forward to it.


I know you follow Phish a lot, and QOTSA is not in my Phish fan friends' wheelhouse at all.   But my Phish fan friends don't really care much about MMJ either.  QOTSA songs are tight, and short, and rock.  I thought they were great in DC a few weeks ago, and I'm looking forward to reading your report.    I think you will be glad you went.

APR

One of my favorite songs of theirs.   As an added bonus, there is an awesome cameo starting about the mid point......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX2Eik0Jr6g

walterfredo

Was planning to take my 16 y/o son to the show in January. Having second thoughts about even seeing these guys, or giving them my $$ after the shit Josh Homme pulled this weekend. What a dick. 

iLikeBeer

Quote from: walterfredo on Dec 11, 2017, 05:33 pm
Was planning to take my 16 y/o son to the show in January. Having second thoughts about even seeing these guys, or giving them my $$ after the shit Josh Homme pulled this weekend. What a dick. 


Never been much of a QOTA fan.  Now I'm glad that's the case...

walterfredo

show was last night, they rocked it. Great energy for sure. Still a little put off by Homme's persona. He was pretty wasted last night too, which I think is par for the course. But shit, they are super tight.

APR

Quote from: walterfredo on Jan 30, 2018, 12:33 pm
show was last night, they rocked it. Great energy for sure. Still a little put off by Homme's persona. He was pretty wasted last night too, which I think is par for the course. But shit, they are super tight.


I figured you'd be glad you checked them out despite Josh's antics.   Sometimes he is appropriate....There is a well viewed and old clip on You Tube of him berating obnoxious/fighting fans.   Yes they do rock it well.  I've seen them a few times, and they pack a punch and throw in some moody numbers as well. 

Hopefully you'll soon check PJ off your list of never seen bands.  I can pretty much guarantee you being super impressed if not being completely and totally blown away after their show.