rkwedge

It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

LBSUNFLWR

LBSUNFLWR

LBSUNFLWR

rkwedge

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Jul 15, 2017, 11:31 AM
wow, that end of Picture of You!
That was real cool, thought the song was over then they went right back into it. I also like the extended jam at the end of I,m Amazed. Great job opsopcopolis, real great sound.  :beer:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

tmz

Thanks so much for taping and sharing opsopcopolis!

It was another great night at MPP and it will be excellent to hear it again (and again).

parkervb

i knew it was a great crowd that night but I love the crowd pops on this recording. Miss that with soundboards.
Don't you ever turn it off

Lonndown27

Quote from: parkervb on Jul 20, 2017, 10:06 AM
i knew it was a great crowd that night but I love the crowd pops on this recording. Miss that with soundboards.

amen Mr. Offerman!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

andyb24

What a great show, and thanks for the recording! Does anyone know if there is a recording of Gary Clark Jr's set floating around? Would love to hear it all again, he was amazing as well.

Lonndown27

that Wonderful was really cool, that Bo intro and the Jim "lost in the heat" shit, maaaan. This is a great show
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

opsopcopolis

Quote from: andyb24 on Jul 23, 2017, 05:27 PM
What a great show, and thanks for the recording! Does anyone know if there is a recording of Gary Clark Jr's set floating around? Would love to hear it all again, he was amazing as well.

I taped him as well, but I believe he asks not to share so I won't post it publicly. I'll be happy to post a dropbox link here though as long as nobody shares that link anywhere else

Lonndown27

is it just me or does anyone else lose their pants when the Jacket start playing TWO SONGS SIMULTANEOUSLY at the end of Spring, where Carl or Jim starts busting out the middle theme to Off The Record and they both are connecting and then separating and then coming back again, it's like this crazy fucking musical vortex of sex. I can't believe what I'm hearing....listening once again. How many times did they do this on this tour??

parkervb

been hitting TIH on Relisten and today this show was the choice. What a primo recording and from Spring on, it's complete facemelt season.

Opsopcopolis is a tremendous taper and any of their shows on Archive are worth checking out.
Don't you ever turn it off

MPP

What a primo recording and from Spring on, it's complete facemelt season.

Absolutely!
Thanks for posting, and noting this show from four years ago today.  My third, after 2015 MPP and 2016 Lockn.

This show for me had that moment where your brain locks into that one Jacket song, and converts you forever.  Much later, I realized they played it at Lockn, but it hit me for first time this night.  Phone.  Down in the pit, thinking hey, what a cool little reggae tinged tune, seeing all the couples singing along.  Then the shift to that goosebump moment with Jim wailing out to the heavens, and the jaw dropping melodic layers of guitars, keys and monster driving bottom.  Closest I've felt to a religious experience at a rock show.  Still is, every time.

MPP

And now you have me re-listening to that archive recording.  :thumbsup:  The Spring/OTR transition mash up is some kind of awesomeness.

MMJTX

Quote from: MPP on Jul 14, 2021, 05:58 PMWhat a primo recording and from Spring on, it's complete facemelt season.

Absolutely!
Thanks for posting, and noting this show from four years ago today.  My third, after 2015 MPP and 2016 Lockn.

This show for me had that moment where your brain locks into that one Jacket song, and converts you forever.  Much later, I realized they played it at Lockn, but it hit me for first time this night.  Phone.  Down in the pit, thinking hey, what a cool little reggae tinged tune, seeing all the couples singing along.  Then the shift to that goosebump moment with Jim wailing out to the heavens, and the jaw dropping melodic layers of guitars, keys and monster driving bottom.  Closest I've felt to a religious experience at a rock show.  Still is, every time.

PWW is such a quintessential jacket tune, it is so special to me (and i'm not even a big reggae guy at all), couple of years back some buddies and i were on a bachelor party, partaking in some hallucinogenics, watching the sunset, i put on PWW live from RR 2016 and everyone was just silent listening, watching, loving it. A lot of them are jacket fans so wasn't that hard, but since then it has kind of become tradition when we are toegether on a guys trip watching the sunset one night.
Anytime

APR

Quote from: MPP on Jul 14, 2021, 06:17 PMAnd now you have me re-listening to that archive recording.  :thumbsup:  The Spring/OTR transition mash up is some kind of awesomeness.

Me too.  I stayed up a little too late last night because of this. Great audio! I totally agree about the Spring/OTR overlap.  I was at this show.  Great setlist too!

MPP

Quote from: APR on Jul 16, 2021, 03:04 PMMe too.  I stayed up a little too late last night because of this. Great audio! I totally agree about the Spring/OTR overlap.  I was at this show.  Great setlist too!

It was an awesome setlist!  Great version of SOTA.  Guessing you've been at all the DC area shows I've seen since 2015, we were talking about it during that Slim's-Pearl Jam bootleg discussion.  Maybe we'll get to meet up IRL if you're going Sept 7.