Main Menu

OBH4!

Started by millerjustin, Jul 18, 2017, 01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJCOBRA

Great info!  Kind of surprised at the stage location and this did confirm to me that the concert courtyard will be dearly missed. 

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.  Can not wait!!  The venue change will be nice, just have to find some good beach shoes!!!!

BWE

Thanks for all the reassurance, everyone!

Booked! Now just have to somehow secretly make payments while also paying for the wedding.

Here's a question: Is there any chance of getting a poster? With our work schedules, we just can't get there until the 2nd and I feel like I read about having to queue up super early for merchandise. Will it all be gone already?

excel

I got my reservation and can't explain how excited I am. This is going to be one of the best trips of my life! See you all there!

jmoney

Quote from: BWE on Jul 26, 2017, 12:11 PM
Here's a question: Is there any chance of getting a poster? With our work schedules, we just can't get there until the 2nd and I feel like I read about having to queue up super early for merchandise. Will it all be gone already?

We are in the same boat and this is my only concern.  There was along line this past OBH, but not sure when posters ran out.  Maybe we can find poster buddies to pick up an extra one to hold for us until we arrive?

BWE

Yeah, I'm sure they put a limit on how many items people can buy -- we're newbies, so we don't really have any buddies that I know of to ask, but I'd really really like to get a poster!

So, they do open it up on the first morning? Why don't they just print MORE?  :shocked:

Clarkwork

Still don't understand why a poster is just not given to us for free due to price of event.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

rkwedge

Quote from: BWE on Jul 26, 2017, 12:30 PM
Yeah, I'm sure they put a limit on how many items people can buy -- we're newbies, so we don't really have any buddies that I know of to ask, but I'd really really like to get a poster!

So, they do open it up on the first morning? Why don't they just print MORE?  :shocked:
Last Year there were still poster the third day.  I'll grab a couple extra so PM me a email address or phone # and we can hook up down there.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

rab7607

The merch stand will open up at noon on Friday, they won't have anything available prior to for early arrivals. I've never had a problem getting what I wanted, but mostly everything will sell out. OBH1 and OBH2 I arrived by 11:00 am and was maybe 50 or so in line, OBH3 I got there about 10:45 and the line was over 100 deep by that point. We've all gone merch crazy, but I imagine for the larger venue and crowd, they would have a larger poster run. I believe last years run was 850 and didn't sell out the first day. If all else fails, check out the artists website afterwards. I believe this years artist will be http://clintonreno.com/

jmoney

Every one getting a poster would be wonderful, but I guess they don't want to print thousands of posters.  I think printing enough for one per room would be the way to go. 

They open the march line at 12pm on the first day.  People line up pretty early.  It is much easier of a line to wait in with servers bringing you drinks and food nearby.

I am sure we can find someone to grab a poster if needed.  There are a lot of kind hearted, good people at this event.

Landathelost

Last year I arrived before my friends and they were strict on the 2 poster per person limit. It all turned out fine though as they did not sell out the first day.

thefudgefactory

Did they provide tubes for the posters last year or should I bring my own?

rab7607

Quote from: thefudgefactory on Jul 26, 2017, 03:06 PM
Did they provide tubes for the posters last year or should I bring my own?

I don't believe so, but I never really pay attention because I bring my own tube. I know one year they had a plastic sleeve they gave you that was like a poster condom. I would advise bringing your own tube. You can carry them on the plane or check them in a large enough suitcase.

Landathelost

They only provided plastic sleeves. Be sure to bring your own.

piton87

Fairly certain you could buy a tube at the merch table for maybe 5 dollars. I remember standing in line and thinking that was nice. ( I had brought my own)
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

MMJTX

Any big flight shoppers on here? When do yall think the best time to book would be? awfully pricey right now.
Anytime

midwesterner

Putting this here since they are playing OBH4. But does anyone else think that new Broken Social Scene song Victim Lover sounds like a Jim solo track?

dr_trousers

We got to the merch stand at maybe 11:30 and the line was HUGE. People serving me drinks in line did nothing to reduce my stress. Everything someone walked away with a poster, I got more worried. I didn't have to be. There were plenty of posters by the time I got to the front.

No idea if they do it again, but last year they had a cash only line which moved much more quickly, so if you have the cash, get in that line.

Looking forward to adding one more poster to the wall, but I'm not sure where I'm going to put it.

http://imgur.com/a/EoQIr

dss

I would personally not wait on flights. I'm generally pretty solid with this stuff and the challenge with most flights into PUJ is that they are feeder flights from a small handful of cities (ATL, MIA, FLL, PHL, JFK, ORD), there just isn't anywhere near the supply that an already low cost air destination like CUN had to offer. Not to say that there won't be a deal to be found here and there, but the more seats that are sold, the less inventory there is even when a sale occurs (most sale fares won't apply/be available to book on flights that are selling well).

Also, if you book with Southwest (who has flights from ATL, BWI, and FLL), and the price goes down, they will give you a credit for no additional charge.

Super excited for OBH, much less excited for the travel required to get there.

Landathelost

My connection is on american through charlotte. They have a few flights there as well. Just food for thought...

slappymoe

so far the only southwest flight from louisville to punta cana goes thru chicago, which makes little sense to me. 300 miles in the wrong direction. :angry:  thankfully, the return trip connects in baltimore.