can't. fucking. wait.

piton87

Darn didn't see those.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

sillyboob

Quote from: piton87 on Oct 04, 2017, 12:25 PM
Darn didn't see those.

Just more tunes for us to enjoy!

Interesting that you have Toots & The Maytals playing an early afternoon show.  I wonder how the timing of the sets will be spread out, since there are enough acts for an afternoon set, an evening opener, a headliner, and a late night set every night.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

piton87

I figured toots is getting up there in age so maybe he'd do a earlier show. Last time he came To my home town someone nailed him with a bottle of vodka.

sillyboob

Quote from: piton87 on Oct 04, 2017, 02:13 PM
I figured toots is getting up there in age so maybe he'd do a earlier show. Last time he came To my home town someone nailed him with a bottle of vodka.

Yikes!!  I'd be good with a midday set though. 

sillyboob

Less than 4 months to One Big Holiday 4!!!!!!!!!

sillyboob

Okay - Just nearly had a minor heart attack.  Logged into JetBlue.com and saw that my connecting flight to Punta Cana from Fort Lauderdale was shown as Cancelled.  Turns out there had been a minor time change on the connecting flight, so the 'original' itinerary was cancelled, but the new itinerary was still valid.  So, for anyone connecting to Punta Cana on JetBlue on March 1, flight 173, just know that Cancelled = new flight time.

BWE

So, I booked OBH for me and the hubby as a surprise Christmas/wedding gift/honeymoon.

And now, I finally get to spill the beans in less than a month (fingers crossed he can get the couple days off he needs)...any thoughts on a creative/cool way to tell him he finally gets to go?

I was hoping for something small that he could unwrap since just saying, "Hey guess what, I booked OBH" seems a little anti-climactic. Also, I spent oodles, as you all know, so the little reveal can't be too extravagant.

sillyboob

Quote from: BWE on Nov 27, 2017, 06:28 PM
So, I booked OBH for me and the hubby as a surprise Christmas/wedding gift/honeymoon.

And now, I finally get to spill the beans in less than a month (fingers crossed he can get the couple days off he needs)...any thoughts on a creative/cool way to tell him he finally gets to go?

I was hoping for something small that he could unwrap since just saying, "Hey guess what, I booked OBH" seems a little anti-climactic. Also, I spent oodles, as you all know, so the little reveal can't be too extravagant.

Maybe have him open up a box full of sand, with the band names sprinkled in amongst the sand and maybe some beer bottle caps?

By the way - you've pulled this off, you are AWESOME!!!!

rkwedge

Quote from: sillyboob on Nov 27, 2017, 07:25 PM

Maybe have him open up a box full of sand, with the band names sprinkled in amongst the sand and maybe some beer bottle caps?

By the way - you've pulled this off, you are AWESOME!!!!
Good call sillyboob. Maybe playing One Big Holiday as background music too.

So cool BWE, sounds like he has a gem in you, hope to meet you two in the DR :beer:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

BWE

Great ideas, sillyboob and rkwedge -- maybe I'll get crafty and do one of those ornaments you can fill like a terrarium with the sand, song, and bottle caps. I'll report back on how long it takes to sink in. :rolleyes:

RobRoy286

what a lucky man

sillyboob

Quote from: BWE on Nov 28, 2017, 05:32 AM
Great ideas, sillyboob and rkwedge -- maybe I'll get crafty and do one of those ornaments you can fill like a terrarium with the sand, song, and bottle caps. I'll report back on how long it takes to sink in. :rolleyes:

Awesome. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

piton87

Schedule is up

One Big Broliday

confirmed main stage AND beach stage!!!!!  :evil:

piton87

Friday 3/2
Broken Social Scene  7:00p-8:30 MS
MMJ 9:15 MS
Preservation Jazz Hall Band 12:30-2:00 BS

Saturday 3/3
Toots and the Maytals 4:00-5:30 BS
Spoon 7:00-8:30 MS
Patrick Hallahan & David Givan DJ set 12:30-2:30 BS

Sunday 3/4
Hurray for the Riff Raff 4-5:15 BS
Sylvan Esso  8:15-9:30 MS
Portugal the Man 10:15-11:45 MS
Moon Taxi 1230-2 BS
Britt Daniel DJ Set 1-2 ET

Monday 3/5
Preservation Jazz Hall Band 4:00-5:30 BS
Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats 7:15-8:30  MS
J Roddy Walston and the Business 12:30-2 BS
Made of Oak 1-230 ET

rkwedge

Hell yeah PHJB there the whole time, they go so well with MMJ, I wish they were just part of MMJ
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Cameron

Pumped. I'll have to pace myself for J Roddy.

Comic Con theme night.

sillyboob

Quote from: Cameron on Dec 07, 2017, 04:20 PM
Pumped. I'll have to pace myself for J Roddy.

Comic Con theme night.

Definitely pace yourself.  Getting through Deer Tick's late night set on the last night this year was tough!

slappymoe

so i assume the "main stage" is the big courtyard, middle of the map? therefore assuming this means MMJ will not be playing on the beach.