Main Menu

OBH4!

Started by millerjustin, Jul 18, 2017, 01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sillyboob

Quote from: slappymoe on Dec 07, 2017, 05:38 PM
so i assume the "main stage" is the big courtyard, middle of the map? therefore assuming this means MMJ will not be playing on the beach.

From what I've read, that big courtyard is Woodstock Plaza, where the Main Stage will be.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

DayDrinkin

That would be a nice bonus for people to get concert courtyard by accident.

rkwedge

Quote from: DayDrinkin on Dec 08, 2017, 02:07 PM
That thought crossed my mind to, here's hoping! :beer:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

sillyboob

Quote from: rkwedge on Dec 08, 2017, 02:22 PM
Quote from: DayDrinkin on Dec 08, 2017, 02:07 PM
That thought crossed my mind to, here's hoping! :beer:

Definitely.  How cool would that be!

slappymoe

kholl44

Holy shit... did not realize it was so close!!!
Quote from: slappymoe on Dec 22, 2017, 10:31 PM
10 weeks  :beer:
I'm in love with this soul; it's a meaning that I understand

Cameron

Getting pumped. We were looking at all the restaurant menus last night. Ha.

BWE

Sillyboob & rkwedge,

I finally told hubby. I put some sand in a jar with some little cutouts (a 🦀, a 🍺 and a beach towel) and then when he pulled them out, there were tags underneath that said one, big, and holiday.

He figured it out by "big" and at first gave me sh*t because we have very expensive wedding to pay for but he got over it and started checking out the resort and the schedule already. 😜

rkwedge

Quote from: BWE on Dec 25, 2017, 11:04 PM
Sillyboob & rkwedge,

I finally told hubby. I put some sand in a jar with some little cutouts (a 🦀, a 🍺 and a beach towel) and then when he pulled them out, there were tags underneath that said one, big, and holiday.

He figured it out by "big" and at first gave me sh*t because we have very expensive wedding to pay for but he got over it and started checking out the resort and the schedule already. 😜
Very nice. You won't regret it :thumbsup: I'm going to the NYE shows this weekend but still can't wait for the warm sandy beaches of OBH4. See you two there  :beer:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

MMJCOBRA

Schedule is out!!!!  http://mmjonebigholiday.com/schedule

Quick run down

Day one
BSS>MMJ on main stage. PHJB late night on beach stage.

Day 2
Toots afternoon set on beach stage  Then Spoon>MMJ on main stage. Patrick DJ set late night on beach.

Day 3
Hooray for Riff Raff afternoon on beach. Then Sylvan Esso>PTM on main. Then Moon Taxi on beach stage late night. Britt Daniel DJ set also late night and opposing MT on the eclipse terrace.

Day 4
PHJB on beach in the afternoon. Then Nathaniel Rateliff>MMJ on main stage. J Roddy Walston and the Business closing it down late night on the beach. Made of Oak also opposing latenught on eclipse terrace.

MMJCOBRA

My take. 1st 2 days are perfect. Love that BSS and Spoon are setting up the Jacket and PHJB on the beach will be a swinging comedown. Must pace myself day 1. Toots afternoon set should be sweet. Any Toots recommendations?

Need some help on day 3. Sylvan is a snoozer live (JMHO), not too familiar with Portugal the Man and totally ignorant on Riff Raff.

Love J Roddy but haven't heard any Nathaniel Rateliff.  I also expect a Jim appearance for PHJBs beach set. J Roddy will burn it down to close.

Overall, I'm pumped!!!

Emb1528

Quote from: piton87 on Dec 07, 2017, 04:17 PM
Friday 3/2
Broken Social Scene  7:00p-8:30 MS
MMJ 9:15 MS
Preservation Jazz Hall Band 12:30-2:00 BS

Saturday 3/3
Toots and the Maytals 4:00-5:30 BS
Spoon 7:00-8:30 MS
Patrick Hallahan & David Givan DJ set 12:30-2:30 BS

Sunday 3/4
Hurray for the Riff Raff 4-5:15 BS
Sylvan Esso  8:15-9:30 MS
Portugal the Man 10:15-11:45 MS
Moon Taxi 1230-2 BS
Britt Daniel DJ Set 1-2 ET

Monday 3/5
Preservation Jazz Hall Band 4:00-5:30 BS
Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats 7:15-8:30  MS
J Roddy Walston and the Business 12:30-2 BS
Made of Oak 1-230 ET

Piton87 did a nice job of daily breakdown with times
Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

Emb1528

J Roddy will tear it down. Wish we had him earlier in the trip than Monday night.
Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

MMJCOBRA

Piton87 did a nice job of daily breakdown with times
[/quote]

Lol. Where have I been for the month of December. I even check these boards regularly!!  Could have saved considerable time typing all that sh*t out! :)

Still would appreciate recommendations on rateliff, PTM and Toots.

piton87

Nathaniel Ratliff and the Nigh Sweats are great. Really high energy I saw them last summer i think? Ive seen J Roddy a bunch of times and Im sure he will tear it down. I am bummed to hear Sylvan Esso is a snoozer but can see where youre coming from. Moon Taxi posted theyll play as long as they will let them. I know last year Deertick went off stage early I think John was super drunk and maybe a drum broke.  Super stoked to be going this year this is really a dream line up for me.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

kholl44

Portugal. The Man absolutely KILLS it live! Only band I've seen that can come close to jackets live energy.
I'm in love with this soul; it's a meaning that I understand

sillyboob

Quote from: Emb1528 on Dec 27, 2017, 11:27 PM
J Roddy will tear it down. Wish we had him earlier in the trip than Monday night.

Agree with this 100%.  He'll close it out nice, but man, it will take some stamina to get there!

sillyboob

Quote from: piton87 on Dec 28, 2017, 08:57 AM
Nathaniel Ratliff and the Nigh Sweats are great. Really high energy I saw them last summer i think? Ive seen J Roddy a bunch of times and Im sure he will tear it down. I am bummed to hear Sylvan Esso is a snoozer but can see where youre coming from. Moon Taxi posted theyll play as long as they will let them. I know last year Deertick went off stage early I think John was super drunk and maybe a drum broke.  Super stoked to be going this year this is really a dream line up for me.

About Deer Tick last year - I remember their drums falling apart or something.  They did have an issue.  And John was drunk fo sho!

Cameron

I love Sylvan Esso live. After mmj and j Roddy they're next on my list of excitement level for the week.

dr_trousers

Quote from: Emb1528 on Dec 27, 2017, 11:27 PM

Feel the same way about J Roddy and Moontaxi. Wish they were openers or day sets. It's a marathon not a sprint will be our mantra.