Main Menu

OBH4!

Started by millerjustin, Jul 18, 2017, 01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slappymoe

my alarm goes off every weekday at 4:10am.  if i want a decent night's sleep, i'm in bed by 9 or so.

it's impossible to adjust in just a few days, i never could stay up for any late-night shows at OBH2 or 3.  also wish j roddy was slotted somewhere other than last show, last day.  gonna be a challenge to see his set.

excel

Only 2 months to go!

sillyboob

Quote from: slappymoe on Dec 30, 2017, 12:40 PM
my alarm goes off every weekday at 4:10am.  if i want a decent night's sleep, i'm in bed by 9 or so.

it's impossible to adjust in just a few days, i never could stay up for any late-night shows at OBH2 or 3.  also wish j roddy was slotted somewhere other than last show, last day.  gonna be a challenge to see his set.

Naps, 5 Hour Energy shots, and rallying are my suggestions to get through the late nights!  But I feel you, definitely.  Staying alive for J Roddy is going to be tough!!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

sillyboob

Now that the NYE run is over, it is time to focus our attention to the next big thing, only two months to the day, away - ONE BIG HOLIDAY 2018, in a new destination, with a real beachfront (with a stage)!!!

Some interesting reading about the setlists for the NYE run. I'm experiencing those shows today via the internet (and remembering some of the covers from OBH 2017).  The one thing I'm going to say on the subject of cover songs at OBH 2018, I'm hoping that night 4 gets a set heavy with MMJ songs, maybe a cover song or two early in the set.  I'm a huge fan of the covers that MMJ does, but I'd like to see them end OBH 2018 with just a powerhouse set of My Morning Jacket.  It's why we spend thousands of dollars and fly many many miles to see the band.  Bring the songs we love to hear and dance to and sing along with.  The covers are great, but the originals are where our collective hearts are!!!

GTGUGriff

Pumped for OBH4. Anyone know who controls the Facebook group. Sent request just waiting on an addition. This will be a first OBH for me and my buddy but by no means our first Jacket shows, or festival experience. How would the experience compare to say Bonnaroo or The Hang Out?

sillyboob

Quote from: GTGUGriff on Jan 04, 2018, 11:55 AM
Pumped for OBH4. Anyone know who controls the Facebook group. Sent request just waiting on an addition. This will be a first OBH for me and my buddy but by no means our first Jacket shows, or festival experience. How would the experience compare to say Bonnaroo or The Hang Out?

Welcome GTG!  I can only compare OBH to a few Coachella trips, but OBH 2 & 3 spoiled me to the point that I don't want to do regular festivals anymore.  I'd much rather do a beautiful tropical destination, a small crowd, many options for food and drink, waiters bringing drinks through the crowd, the ocean by day, music by night, and room service to start it all of the next day.

piton87

GTG its ruins you for festivals. 24 Hour room service. Drinks on demand. I woke up around 11 each day grabbed breakfast to a quick nap then headed to the pool or beach. It was paradise during the day. Then I was reminded "oh yeah were seeing MMJ tonight. This line up is incredible. Everyone is super friendly and there to have a good time. So much fun.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

rkwedge

Quote from: sillyboob on Jan 04, 2018, 12:16 PM

Welcome GTG!  I can only compare OBH to a few Coachella trips, but OBH 2 & 3 spoiled me to the point that I don't want to do regular festivals anymore.  I'd much rather do a beautiful tropical destination, a small crowd, many options for food and drink, waiters bringing drinks through the crowd, the ocean by day, music by night, and room service to start it all of the next day.
There's also a lot to be said about the vibe at OBH, everybody there for the same band. The love for each other is something I've never really experienced elsewhere. It's the best! Only 57 more Days :cheesy:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

GTGUGriff

Quote from: rkwedge on Jan 04, 2018, 12:40 PM

There's also a lot to be said about the vibe at OBH, everybody there for the same band. The love for each other is something I've never really experienced elsewhere. It's the best! Only 57 more Days :cheesy:

Great to hear. Have talked about going in years past but never pulled the trigger. Super Stoked to get down there and kick it for a few days. Got an extra days added because after seeing Monday night line up Im not sure I could leave early Tuesday morning. Almost need a day to come down off that line-up. Been a long time Jacket fan so this just makes sense.

sillyboob

Quote from: GTGUGriff on Jan 04, 2018, 12:58 PM
Quote from: rkwedge on Jan 04, 2018, 12:40 PM

Great to hear. Have talked about going in years past but never pulled the trigger. Super Stoked to get down there and kick it for a few days. Got an extra days added because after seeing Monday night line up Im not sure I could leave early Tuesday morning. Almost need a day to come down off that line-up. Been a long time Jacket fan so this just makes sense.

I've done the extra day at the end of OBH 2 & 3 and it definitely helps.  But there's a weird vibe being at the resort as everyone leaves.  Seeing how our flight to the west coast gets us in at around 10pm Tuesday night, we already have to take a vacation day on Wednesday just to recover.  We are getting in a day early though this year, and like everyone, we can't wait!!!

slappymoe

Oops, make that

MMJTX

:cheesy:
Booked our flights, better late than never!
:drum: :drum: :drum: :drum: :drum: :drum:
Anytime

SpinningOutGracefully

I would love to show up a day or 2 early to chill. The friend I'm sharing a room with will be showing up the day of though (they require double occupancy for extra days as well). If anyone else is in a similar situation, and would like to split a room, let me know. I'm a 35 y/o easy going dude. Looking forward to a great trip!

rkwedge

Does any one know about the Dominican Republic Touris Card? Apparently we need one of these ($10) I was wondering if it's best to get it now online or wait until we get there and get it at the airport. Any information appreciated  :thumbsup:

Emb1528

Quote from: rkwedge on Jan 11, 2018, 08:11 PM
Does any one know about the Dominican Republic Touris Card? Apparently we need one of these ($10) I was wondering if it's best to get it now online or wait until we get there and get it at the airport. Any information appreciated  :thumbsup:

Interesting. Good catch. Looked into it a little and it looks like they'll issue your tourist card at immigrations when you arrive (cash of course). Would love to hear what others have experienced. Looks like there is typically a departure tax ($20) as well, but they mentioned that it is typically included in your airfare. Check your departing flight information.
Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

slappymoe

Does any one know about the Dominican Republic Touris Card? Apparently we need one of these ($10) I was wondering if it’s best to get it now online or wait until we get there and get it at the airport. Any information appreciated  :thumbsup:
been reading reviews of the punta cana airport.  pretty much every one says it's better to buy your $10 tourist card online.  if you wait until you get there, it's just one more line you'll have to wait in.

7!

rkwedge

Quote from: slappymoe on Jan 12, 2018, 05:14 AM
been reading reviews of the punta cana airport.  pretty much every one says it's better to buy your $10 tourist card online.  if you wait until you get there, it's just one more line you'll have to wait in.

7!
That was what I was thinking myself, another line.  You made my mind up, thanks Slappymoe!   7 indeed  :cheesy:

Cameron

slappymoe

sitting here watching the freezing rain coat the trees in my front yard with a nice glaze of ice.  good time to visit the hard rock punta cana webcam and daydream of warm tropical breezes and cool tropical drinks :beer:

https://www.hardrockhotelpuntacana.com/webcam.htm

Bulldog

Quote from: slappymoe on Jan 12, 2018, 12:29 PM
sitting here watching the freezing rain coat the trees in my front yard with a nice glaze of ice.  good time to visit the hard rock punta cana webcam and daydream of warm tropical breezes and cool tropical drinks :beer:

https://www.hardrockhotelpuntacana.com/webcam.htm

10 below here today, I needed that....