Main Menu

OBH4!

Started by millerjustin, Jul 18, 2017, 01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldbondking

Quote from: piton87 on Feb 08, 2018, 01:36 PM
All,

Don't know if anyone would be interested in these but I ordered 6 of them for the group Im going with and now am being told they're "too political." I though they were pretty funny but maybe that's just me. If anyone is interested in them they're 6 bucks at cost just grab me in DR Ill be wearing one.

https://imgur.com/ypPyp4v

If your group thinks those hats are too political I'm guessing they aren't gonna love the shirts I got printed up for OBH...

dexter

Earplugs or no earplugs?  I'll always wear them inside, 50/50 for outdoor shows

tmz

I'd say no on the ear plugs outside, unless you plan to be directly in front of the speakers. The levels should be comfortable.

Lonndown27

Quote from: tmz on Feb 19, 2018, 06:33 PM
I'd say no on the ear plugs outside, unless you plan to be directly in front of the speakers. The levels should be comfortable.

no earplugs!!!! Ryan is the best soundman in the biz, he knows what hes doing. The sound has always been ridiculous at a Jacket show. You could film the whole show on a Sprint phone from 2006 underwater and it would still be a B+ sounding bootleg because of how damn good their FOH is.

WE NEED MORE JACKET!!!! i cannot wait for these shows!!! wish i was going!!! next time for sure!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

millerjustin

Quote from: tmz on Feb 19, 2018, 06:33 PM

agreed - unless you're on the rail and right under one of the stacks, you should be good.  I was Jim side rail OBH2 and got ear raped (in a good way), but ears were ringing for days afterward
What's in here won't disappear

rkwedge

It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

slappymoe

Quote from: GTGUGriff on Feb 12, 2018, 10:16 AM
Whats the reefer situation? Generally tolerated?
yikes! judging from the e-mail we got yesterday, I'd think long and hard about trying to bring any party favors.  talk about scared straight! :shocked:

The Dominican Republic may seem quite lax on many things compared to America, but drugs are certainly not one of them. If you want to avoid spending time in extremely nasty Dominican jails with very little hope for bail, it is strongly advised that you do not bring, buy, sell, or consume illicit drugs in the Dominican Republic. Even small quantities can lead to big trouble. Certain substances may be legal in the state where you live but that does not mean you can travel internationally with them. The Dominican Republic does not recognize your medical card as a valid document.

The DNCD (Dominican Drug Enforcement Agency) has increased its efforts to clamp down on illegal substances with several recent examples of successful operations. Seizures at ports and airports around the Dominican Republic have increased and included a high number of foreigners, including United States citizens.

GTGUGriff

I had no intention of trying to bring anything with me to be honest. Ive been to the DR before and off the resorts you could make said purchases but it was umm...reminiscent of mid 90s press. Wasn't sure how much in the past it had been prevalent. Though honestly I remember zero security at the Punta Cana airport coming in. Leaving was only marginally more secure. 

slappymoe

Quote from: GTGUGriff on Feb 23, 2018, 09:48 AM
I had no intention of trying to bring anything with me to be honest.   
I have been doing the risk/reward thing in my head for months. on both trips to mexico, we got to the resort and thought, "damn, it would have been easy!"

better safe than very, very sorry, I guess.

sillyboob

Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

walterfredo

now's about the time where I need to stop looking at this site for a couple of weeks.  :cry:

Have fun folks!

APR

Quote from: walterfredo on Feb 23, 2018, 11:32 AM
now's about the time where I need to stop looking at this site for a couple of weeks.  :cry:

Have fun folks!

Ditto, but I'll be looking at this site anyway hoping for updates.  I've been listening to Fly Like The Wind (probably my favorite concert opener I have ever seen) and other covers/collaborations from 1 and 2 wondering what MMJ will surprise everyone with this year. 

sillyboob

The boys opening OBH2 with 'Ride Like The Wind' was so epic!!  It was my first true MMJ show (seen them on Americarama a couple years before), but the combination of Mexico, the warm breeze blowing the stage smoke everywhere, rocking out to Christopher Cross (Christopher Cross!!), the awesome opening set by The War On Drugs, man it was just soooooo perfect!!!  Not to mention there were still three more nights of music to come!!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

rkwedge

Safe travels to all making the pilgrimage to DR. Can't wait to see all your smiling faces down there. This will be yet another mind blowing fun trip. I think the boys are gonna bring it since they will be taking a break for a bit.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

MMJTX

with Jim's last Instagram post, i'm dreaming of them actually opening up OBH4 with Sam Cooke's "Good Times Roll".  would be absolutely perfect
Anytime

APR

Quote from: sillyboob on Feb 26, 2018, 03:28 PM
The boys opening OBH2 with 'Ride Like The Wind' was so epic!!  It was my first true MMJ show (seen them on Americarama a couple years before), but the combination of Mexico, the warm breeze blowing the stage smoke everywhere, rocking out to Christopher Cross (Christopher Cross!!), the awesome opening set by The War On Drugs, man it was just soooooo perfect!!!  Not to mention there were still three more nights of music to come!!

All so true.  That's crazy that was your first "true" show.  What an experience and strong precedent.  But you never know, MMJ could top it.

Correct....Ride... not Fly.  I always change it to fly and often sing it fly for some reason.  I totally dug that song in the 80s.

LBSUNFLWR

Hope everyone has an incredible time! I will be checking here hoping for some details.

rab7607

Has anyone on here signed up for the OBH Golf Tournament? I haven't received any confirmation from Hard Rock yet and just wondering if anyone else has..

slappymoe

Quote from: rab7607 on Feb 28, 2018, 08:02 AM
Has anyone on here signed up for the OBH Golf Tournament? I haven't received any confirmation from Hard Rock yet and just wondering if anyone else has..
we considered it, but it starts so early. that and the extra $50 made it a no-go.  gonna head out on our own one afternoon.

would love to get some reviews of the punta cana airport experience from any early-arrivers today or tomorrow (assuming anyone cares about this message board once they're down there). we'll be cutting it close Friday, hope it doesn't take more than an hour to get out of there and onto the shuttle.

Bulldog

I have been searching airport info on a different sight and the WSP folks all say its a breeze and fairly quick and painless process.