Main Menu

OBH4!

Started by millerjustin, Jul 18, 2017, 01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murph

They can't keep this up though right and end of the weekend with The Waterfall??

SplatSplatSplat

Quote from: ericm on Mar 02, 2018, 10:58 PM
Quote from: SplatSplatSplat on Mar 02, 2018, 10:46 PM

I'd be surprised people down there aren't rioting bc they haven't played any covers yet.

Haha, this is funny because it's true.  :grin:

I'm sure there are people down there not happy with the setlist and wondering WTF?   

The last few OBHs covers have comprised 1/4 of the total songs played. Why do you think I didn't want to go back? And they pull this shit. I had a feeling they would do this. Wish now I had that feeling when Tix went on sale as opposed to yesterday.
You need it.  That's for sure.

jttouch2

Quote from: Murph on Mar 02, 2018, 10:59 PM
They can't keep this up though right and end of the weekend with The Waterfall??

I imagine that after the waterfall they would finish it off with like a couple covers/ non album tracks like cobra/OBH again. i do kind of doubt they go all the way through everything though as much as it seems to be the case

dookie shoot bandit

Last update I see is Hopefully and on the footage on Facebook.
Did they close and end the night with Strangulation?

SplatSplatSplat

Quote from: jttouch2 on Mar 02, 2018, 11:05 PM

I imagine that after the waterfall they would finish it off with like a couple covers/ non album tracks like cobra/OBH again. i do kind of doubt they go all the way through everything though as much as it seems to be the case

I want to say no but 7 LPs in 9ish hours seems doable.

Sheets Of Clay

Quote from: SplatSplatSplat on Mar 02, 2018, 11:10 PM

Guess it depends if they try to sneak EU at the end of night 2, right? Then there's time for Circuital, waterfall and an encore on night 3.

jttouch2

Quote from: Sheets Of Clay on Mar 02, 2018, 11:13 PM
Quote from: SplatSplatSplat on Mar 02, 2018, 11:10 PM

Guess it depends if they try to sneak EU at the end of night 2, right? Then there's time for Circuital, waterfall and an encore on night 3.
I think they'd have to put EU in night 3. closing with One in the Same wouldnt work great and it gives Jim the off day to rest his voice after some major strain of 5 albums in 2 nights

Bulldog

No words for what I just witnessed....

jttouch2

Quote from: Bulldog on Mar 02, 2018, 11:16 PM
any encore or just strangulation closer?

rkwedge

Quote from: Bulldog on Mar 02, 2018, 11:16 PM
Mic Drop. Holy Fuck that was epic
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

rkwedge

Closer was PWW they reversed it and Strangulation
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Lonndown27

If this was their farewell itd be too hard to take...not like this...not in such form... you ALWAYS want the people you love to go out on top but on top with MMJ just means so much to offer.

Id say the chances of them breaking up in 2018 are 80/20 in favor of NOT.

They simply love what they do too much
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

SplatSplatSplat

I can see them taking a break until next year, which is their 20th anniversary more or less. As much of a live band as they are, I feel like they'd at least announce their last shows.

But maybe not. Life is weird.

Bulldog

If this was any other band I'd be worried there's no way they can top what I just saw, thankfully were talking about MMJ

jttouch2

weird question but did they use the If I Ruled the World intro track or the old Gideon-y one?

Mr. White

My Morning Jacket
One Big Holiday 4
Dominican Republic
Night 1 - March 2, 2018
Set 1 (most of it - missing Heartbreakin Man & They Ran)
The Bear
Nashville To Kentucky
Old September Blues
If All Else Fails
It's About Twilight Now
Evelyn Is Not Real
War Begun
Picture of You
I Will Be There When You Die
The Dark
By My Car
Butch Cassidy
I Think I'm Going to Hell
(Original Video by Matthew Lewis - Posted on the My Morning Jacket Fan Club page on Facebook)

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Mr. White

My Morning Jacket
One Big Holiday 4
Dominican Republic
Night 1 - Set 2 (4 Songs Only)
Lowdown
The Way That He Sings
Death Is The Easy Way
Hopefully
(Video Recorded by Matthew Lewis - Posted to My Morning Jacket Fan Club on Facebook)

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

MMJCOBRA

Think my ears and eyeballs still cannot beli eve what just happened. Guys, MMJ  practiced these songs. They weren't just thrown together. Many jams were interspersed. Strangulation was mind blowing. So so so so so heavy...and yet tender.

LBSUNFLWR

Thanks for updates and setlist and videos!!!!

CHIMMJFAN

Man I love these boys! 5 songs on my bucket list (Death, Picture of You, All Else Fails, By My Car and Butch Cassidy) can't wait to see the rest of the shows set lists.

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"