Main Menu

OBH4!

Started by millerjustin, Jul 18, 2017, 01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WinstonLegthigh

Wow. That is one that I will regret not being there for.

Woody

Damn. The people wanted deep cuts and that's what they got. Great stuff boys! I will get my ass to OBH, one day. They aren't going anywhere.

rab7607

If it goes like it seems it will, it will be absolutely amazing to hear every album cut start to finish. The only downside, especially being here to see it in person, would be the lack of spontaneity, which is what makes this band so great. Still, no complaints here and I'll be enjoying the ride

dookie shoot bandit

My guess is they switch it up now, and play songs from the remaining 5 albums with no repeats in the next 2 nights, without having to try and fit any songs from TTF or AD in there. They might end up playing their whole catalog, but this would help the element of surprise.

parkervb

can we carry this breakup talk to another thread or something?
Don't you ever turn it off

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: parkervb on Mar 03, 2018, 08:38 AM

Or not at all

parkervb

Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on Mar 03, 2018, 08:40 AM

Or not at all

even better.

rkwedge

Quote from: parkervb on Mar 03, 2018, 08:45 AM
Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on Mar 03, 2018, 08:40 AM

Or not at all

even better.
If you seen the boys last night you'd know these guys aren't going away. Too much love for one another. As far as surprises go, every song from every album, don't think it gets any more surprising then that.  :cool:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

MMJCOBRA

Just Because I Do was incredible. Played it somewhat similar to Early Morning Rebel, hammering the chords repeatedly,  also jammed the end with a piano shuffle section. Really hard to describe.

MMJCOBRA

Also, prolly seen PWW a couple dozen times, last night was an all timer. The crowd was going nuts, belting out the lyrics with Jim.

Mr. White

Night 1 - 3/2/2018 - Complete Set List

Heartbrakin Man
They Ran
The Bear
Nashville To Kentucky
Old September Blues
If All Else Fails
It's About Twilight Now
Evelyn Is Not Real
War Begun
Picture of You
I Will Be There When You Die
The Dark
By My Car
Butch Cassidy
I Think I'm Going to Hell

Break

At Dawn
Lowdown
The Way That He Sings
Death Is The Easy Way
Hopefully
Lowdown
The Way That He Sings
Death Is The Easy Way
Hopefully
Bermuda Highway
Honest Man
Xmas Curtain
Just Because I Do
If It Smashes Down
I Needed It Most
Strangulation
Phone Went West
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Rupert230

Quote from: rkwedge on Mar 02, 2018, 11:18 PM
Quote from: Bulldog on Mar 02, 2018, 11:16 PM
No words for what I just witnessed....
Mic Drop. Holy Fuck that was epic

Yes it was.  Yes it was.  :thumbsup:

I didn't even know till later it was the first two albums and a lot of folks around me didn't know half the songs but everyone was blown away nonetheless!!  I didn't hear any WTFs. It was magic and you didn't have to be a MMJ geek to hear that.

Totally mind blowing show. 

ericm

Quote from: Rupert230 on Mar 03, 2018, 10:45 AM
Quote from: rkwedge on Mar 02, 2018, 11:18 PM
Quote from: Bulldog on Mar 02, 2018, 11:16 PM
No words for what I just witnessed....
Mic Drop. Holy Fuck that was epic

Yes it was.  Yes it was.  :thumbsup:

I didn't even know till later it was the first two albums and a lot of folks around me didn't know half the songs but everyone was blown away nonetheless!!  I didn't hear any WTFs. It was magic and you didn't have to be a MMJ geek to hear that.

Totally mind blowing show.

:cool: 

Glad you enjoyed it and had your mind blown.  :thumbsup:  :beer: but I don't think anyone has to be a MMJ geek to know it was the first two albums being played. I just call them fans.

"Where's Jim going?"

APR

So much specialness.  I don't even know what to say except even more than ever I wish I was there.  So happy for those there and sad to not be amongst.

Did Cloud9 definitely say that all three nights will be downloadable like the previous three OBHs?

walterfredo

Wait, what? Wtf? So they're going to play all the albums? Is that the consensus?

Cameron

Great night. The last few are a little foggy...

walterfredo

My FOMO just got real.

Lonndown27

Quote from: walterfredo on Mar 03, 2018, 12:35 PM
My FOMO just got real.

i know!!! i feel so lucky to have been there for the NYE shows, but last night seemed an all timer. 3 hour show? most likely. both first two albums in entirety one after another??? longest versions of some of those songs??? fuck yeah!!! some of the best versions too!!!! still listening and dissecting the streams, but what we've got on display so far is TASTY!!!!!!

What do the Jacket do tonight ?????
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

parkervb

Quote from: walterfredo on Mar 03, 2018, 11:47 AM
Wait, what? Wtf? So they're going to play all the albums? Is that the consensus?

i doubt it. 5 albums in 2 shows, albeit 2 longer ones seems hard. Plus are they going to play OBH 2x? Because they are closing with it.

slappymoe

Let's do this shit again tonight.  :shocked:

I'm a 55 year old man, and by the time they got to butch cassidy and by my car I was choking up. So grateful to be able to witness that night.