Main Menu

OBH4!

Started by millerjustin, Jul 18, 2017, 01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

Quote from: parkervb on Mar 03, 2018, 02:07 PM
Plus are they going to play OBH 2x? Because they are closing with it.

That's exactly what they did at T5.

Lonndown27

Quote from: unravelled on Mar 03, 2018, 12:27 AM
Think my ears and eyeballs still cannot beli eve what just happened. Guys, MMJ  practiced these songs. They weren't just thrown together. Many jams were interspersed. Strangulation was mind blowing. So so so so so heavy...and yet tender.

this is why theyre mindblowing and may be indeed up there with the best versions of the songs..although i still need to hear T5. thats also how the solos or jams in Denver was too, just a celebration of all eras wrapped into one with note choice, riffs etc.

we need to see what goes down tonight ....ooooo ill be waitin
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Mr. White

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Mar 03, 2018, 02:38 PM
Think my ears and eyeballs still cannot beli eve what just happened. Guys, MMJ  practiced these songs. They weren't just thrown together. Many jams were interspersed. Strangulation was mind blowing. So so so so so heavy...and yet tender.

this is why theyre mindblowing and may be indeed up there with the best versions of the songs..although i still need to hear T5. thats also how the solos or jams in Denver was too, just a celebration of all eras wrapped into one with note choice, riffs etc.

Here's that T5 Tennessee Fire performance.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Lonndown27

Quote from: Mr. White on Mar 03, 2018, 02:59 PM

oh yeah this one is sick! although its missing some songs sadly. i think i may have heard this a few times but man i much dig this 3/2/2018 Tennessee Fire performance!!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

ericm

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Mar 03, 2018, 03:06 PM
Quote from: Mr. White on Mar 03, 2018, 02:59 PM

oh yeah this one is sick! although its missing some songs sadly. i think i may have heard this a few times but man i much dig this 3/2/2018 Tennessee Fire performance!!

The thing that sticks out in my mind from TTF night at T5 aside from how great the performance was, is it was quiet as hell in there during the songs. Very little if any audience chatter at all.

It was something to this day I always remember and look back fondly on. I know others who were there who feel and say the same thing. Just everyone totally locked in to the band and it was seriously like a Broadway show or Carnegie Hall as far as a quiet, respectful audience during the songs.

"Where's Jim going?"

dontgetupset

Quote from: SplatSplatSplat on Mar 02, 2018, 11:04 PM
Quote from: ericm on Mar 02, 2018, 10:58 PM
Quote from: SplatSplatSplat on Mar 02, 2018, 10:46 PM

I'd be surprised people down there aren't rioting bc they haven't played any covers yet.

Haha, this is funny because it's true.  :grin:

I'm sure there are people down there not happy with the setlist and wondering WTF?   

The last few OBHs covers have comprised 1/4 of the total songs played. Why do you think I didn't want to go back? And they pull this shit. I had a feeling they would do this. Wish now I had that feeling when Tix went on sale as opposed to yesterday.

Just catching up on everything now due to power outages.

Most insane thing. Holy smokes. At least T5 had warning. Soooo jealous and soooo impressed that this band pulled this whole thing off. (Almost) speechless

CountSA

Based of instagram posts they're playing It Still Moves

parkervb

That's so rad.
Don't you ever turn it off

Lonndown27

ISM full in order ending with One in the Same and for some reason coming out to the It Beats 4 U intro tape.

Now into Z clear into Into the Woods and others before connection stopped.  Absolutely burning the house down!!!

Stevie

I am equal parts really happy for those that went, and also horribly frustrated.

I've been to over 40 shows since 2008.  Went to OBH2.  All the red rocks shows.  All of them, and I live in Wisconsin.  I've been absolutely dying to hear some of these songs.  Missing T5 has been probably the biggest regret of my life.  And all the while i've been chugging along down the MMJ trail, i've been crossing my fingers for something like this to happen.  And yes, I've gotten some real deep cuts along the way and overall i'm very grateful for everything i've witnessed.. but this is just..  it's the holy grail for me.  i love the slower sadder less played tunes that we never get to hear.. they are always in the back of my mind at every Jacket show, a twinkle in my eye, just waiting for the If All Else Fails or, jesus christ, Into the Woods, or By My Car...

..and there was absolutely no way to predict this.  I would pay ten thousand dollars to see just the first four albums front to back.  even if i had a million, i doubt i'll ever get the chance. 

im crushed, but also very happy for you guys. 

Lonndown27

Reports are theyre playing COBRA right now!!!! No.word on how long of one

rab7607

I'm here and the best part about this is that I get to share with my wife the soundtrack of our wedding. Wedding party walked down to Golden, my wife walked down to Knot Comes Loose and our first dance was to Thank You Too!. So many wonderful memories!

jttouch2

Quote from: rab7607 on Mar 03, 2018, 11:40 PM
I'm here and the best part about this is that I get to share with my wife the soundtrack of our wedding. Wedding party walked down to Golden, my wife walked down to Knot Comes Loose and our first dance was to Thank You Too!. So many wonderful memories!

did they just finish? what all was played after Z (besides Cobra)?

Varitek

Quote from: APR on Mar 03, 2018, 11:12 AM
So much specialness.  I don't even know what to say except even more than ever I wish I was there.  So happy for those there and sad to not be amongst.

Did Cloud9 definitely say that all three nights will be downloadable like the previous three OBHs?

Just the opposite, there was no mention anywhere of recordings of these shows being made available as far as I know.
"Did he just put on a cape?"

MOWJO8185

So are they fitting 3 albums into a single show Monday?

And certainly the weekend is not ending on Only Memories Remain.

Going backwards with Waterfall > Circuital > Evil Urges would flow much better than going in release order.

rkwedge

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Mar 03, 2018, 11:21 PM
Lonn you're gonna lose you're shit when you here tonight and Cobra
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

jttouch2

Quote from: rkwedge on Mar 04, 2018, 12:06 AM

full cobra. "20ish minutes" per Facebook. Unreal.

mdgsolo

Ree Dick U Lous.  That was simply amazing.

Cameron

What a great night. Feel so lucky to be here.

dexter

Quote from: jttouch2 on Mar 04, 2018, 12:07 AM
Quote from: rkwedge on Mar 04, 2018, 12:06 AM

full cobra. "20ish minutes" per Facebook. Unreal.

Saw a setlist from tonight that someone in the crowd snagged. "Full cobra" love it.
That was fun. In depth will come later on time for zzzz