Main Menu

OBH4!

Started by millerjustin, Jul 18, 2017, 01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkwedge

So privileged to be witnessing this. The band is on fire and you can tell they spent some time practicing these deep cuts. Night 2 was the best MMJ show ever put on. So many best versions of songs that it's hard to comprehend. One Big Holiday 5th song in, Monster beginning to Run Thru, Rollin Back(what more needs said) Steam Engine, fantastic. Then to Z It Beats for You Tom crushing it, Gideon jammed out Awesome Guitar by Jim, Off The Record, Into The Woods, Lay Low, Dondante just WOW on all these. Then they fire off the sickest Cobra ever done. Still processing these first two nights and probably will be for life, what an honor to be part of this. If these shows are to make Livedownloads buy them as fast as you can you will not be sorry.  :thumbsup:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Lonndown27

Quote from: dexter on Mar 04, 2018, 03:49 AM
Quote from: jttouch2 on Mar 04, 2018, 12:07 AM
Quote from: rkwedge on Mar 04, 2018, 12:06 AM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Mar 03, 2018, 11:21 PM
Reports are theyre playing COBRA right now!!!! No.word on how long of one
Lonn you're gonna lose you're shit when you here tonight and Cobra

full cobra. "20ish minutes" per Facebook. Unreal.

Saw a setlist from tonight that someone in the crowd snagged. "Full cobra" love it.
That was fun. In depth will come later on time for zzzz

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

subinai

Quote from: Varitek on Mar 03, 2018, 11:42 PM
Quote from: APR on Mar 03, 2018, 11:12 AM
So much specialness.  I don't even know what to say except even more than ever I wish I was there.  So happy for those there and sad to not be amongst.

Did Cloud9 definitely say that all three nights will be downloadable like the previous three OBHs?

Just the opposite, there was no mention anywhere of recordings of these shows being made available as far as I know.

it would be insane if they didnt release these as an official bootleg or even as a physical release. knowing how the fans are foaming at the mouth for the T5 shows, this could be the perfect solution.

Stevie

I wonder if they got wind of some of the disappointment floating around after NYE with the covers.  I certainly wasn't disappointed but it was talked about. 

I still can't believe this. 

They can't play all three remaining albums in one night, can they?

Final note.. they have released recordings for every other OBH so far, i'm not sure why this would be any different..

walterfredo

They absolutely can play all three albums in one night. There's no curfew!

slappymoe

Quote from: Stevie on Mar 04, 2018, 12:06 PM

Final note.. they have released recordings for every other OBH so far, i'm not sure why this would be any different..
i could have sworn it said free download was included again this year. But I've been wrong before.

subinai

Quote from: walterfredo on Mar 04, 2018, 12:32 PM
They absolutely can play all three albums in one night. There's no curfew!

evil urges - 55 min, circuital - 45 min, waterfall - 48 min

i guess it sounds doable? though, remember reading that "remnants" is hard on jim's voice and that is why they don't play it a lot. having to do 2 albums after that song sounds tough!

dontgetupset

My prediction is that they do all 3 remaining albums tomorrow and then an encore which will include at least one cover.

This is way more than I could have asked for throughout my (legitimate) NYE complaints.

There's definitely a part of me that says "why couldn't we get a taste of this in Broomfield (after night 1) and why does it only go people who spend thousands of $$$?" but I'd rather just be happy and jealous for the people that are there and experiencing this.

WOW

MMJCOBRA

Not mentioned so far. Jim's VOICE!!! Never better.

subinai

They can't please everybody. I am sure there are people in the DR saying "where the F is my Janet Jackson cover?!"

dontgetupset

Quote from: subinai on Mar 04, 2018, 02:02 PM
They can't please everybody. I am sure there are people in the DR saying "where the F is my Janet Jackson cover?!"

Totally! I just know a lot of people who have been to dozens of stateside shows probably feel a minor pain in that they missed these all-time great shows.

Thom Joad

Hey folks!  Just wanted to let all of you playing at home know that I'm a taper and I'm here with my gear.

I had battery issues on Friday night so it's not complete.  Got almost all of TN Fire and some of At Dawn.  Some pretty loud talkers around me too.

Saturday was smooth sailing.  Sounds pretty good out of my laptop speakers.  I can't upload it until I get home and do the conversions, but it was so good, it'll be one of the very first things I do when I get back.

Believe the hype!

Come Closer

Jim's voice was a bit shaky on a few Z songs I thought, but yes great overall. Believe it or not, I'm actually taking night 1 as my fav of the 2 so far. TTF blew my mind. The turnt up version of the OG lofi demo-ish LP as one body of work gave me a whole new apprection for their debut. I gotta also mention the acoustics here have been off the charts. The wind has picked up today, so we'll see how PtM fares tonight.

God bless the tapers. :beer:

rkwedge

Quote from: subinai on Mar 04, 2018, 02:02 PM
HaHa to funny but no I have not heard any of that. Everybody here seems to know we are in the middle of some epic shit going down here.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Stevie

Quote from: Osistheones on Mar 04, 2018, 02:32 PM
Jim's voice was a bit shaky on a few Z songs I thought, but yes great overall. Believe it or not, I'm actually taking night 1 as my fav of the 2 so far. TTF blew my mind. The turnt up version of the OG lofi demo-ish LP as one body of work gave me a whole new apprection for their debut. I gotta also mention the acoustics here have been off the charts. The wind has picked up today, so we'll see how PtM fares tonight.

God bless the tapers. :beer:

The spirit has always been there in those tracks, even if it is pretty unpolished.  Its been a favorite of mine for a long time.  Glad everyone got to experience the pinacle of its potential.

Hey did they play chills on the z night?

Lonndown27

At some point you just gotta be happy youve seen them the amount of times you have.... Nobody could've predicted OBH4 being 3 hours a night. If id known this id have gone to DR rather than Denver. But i loved that run it was barely just under this epicness and thats becuase theyre playing EVERYTHING.  i havent heard anything from Johnny. Troubling. I hope hes ok. I know some of the big Jacket fan royalty got to go onstage like Erica Moore a good online friene dont know her physically and my personal friend Obie Wing. No doubt Johnny got his time at Denver backstage but one can be remiss not thinking he could be on that stage last night as well. And they play the shortest Cobra ever and now the longest hahaha oh well. Denver was fucking insane and so is this....just different reasons. Welll.....im never fucking missing another OBH....
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

Quote from: Thom Joad on Mar 04, 2018, 02:25 PM
Hey folks!  Just wanted to let all of you playing at home know that I'm a taper and I'm here with my gear.

I had battery issues on Friday night so it's not complete.  Got almost all of TN Fire and some of At Dawn.  Some pretty loud talkers around me too.

Saturday was smooth sailing.  Sounds pretty good out of my laptop speakers.  I can't upload it until I get home and do the conversions, but it was so good, it'll be one of the very first things I do when I get back.

Believe the hype!

Please let me do anything i can to help you brotha!!! thank you and good luck for night three its gonna be an all timer

SplatSplatSplat

With respect to Denver v OBH. At least Denver didn't go into night 3 all but certain they'd only hear songs from EU, Circuital, and the Waterfall. I mean, woof.

Don't get me wrong, I'd take it. And they are going to rock that shit. But when I go to shows, I typically want to hear as few songs as possible from those last 3 LPs.

I suppose a hard left turn is also possible for night 3. That would be pretty cool. Keep erebody on their toes.
You need it.  That's for sure.

kckasem

:: long-time reader, first-time poster. i'm relishing all the accounts of the fans on the ground in the dr, and empathetic to everyone else who feels that they're missing out. what a glorious and giving set of shows from the fellas! keep the updates coming!

:drum:

dontgetupset

Quote from: SplatSplatSplat on Mar 04, 2018, 06:01 PM
With respect to Denver v OBH. At least Denver didn't go into night 3 all but certain they'd only hear songs from EU, Circuital, and the Waterfall. I mean, woof.

Don't get me wrong, I'd take it. And they are going to rock that shit. But when I go to shows, I typically want to hear as few songs as possible from those last 3 LPs.

I suppose a hard left turn is also possible for night 3. That would be pretty cool. Keep erebody on their toes.

Excellent point. When I complained about 12/31 it was because it was the only one I could go to and I think some may not have fully understood it when they said "don't bash it because Night 1 was great." With this thing every single person hears every single song. Yeah, for me there's nothing too exciting about going through The Waterfall in order but to get back on the plane knowing you heard every (LP) song is super cool.

Went to all Chicago shows, 3 Beacon shows, and many many others waiting for something crazy like this and some (not the ones talking LOUDLY while the deepest cuts were played for the first time in 8 years) of the most dedicated fans were rewarded for their dedication. Bravo!