Main Menu

OBH4!

Started by millerjustin, Jul 18, 2017, 01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonndown27

Quote from: Stevie on Mar 05, 2018, 08:14 PM
Quote from: jttouch2 on Mar 05, 2018, 07:45 PM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Mar 05, 2018, 06:41 PM
Magic Bullet was so thick and sick in Denver the goddamn live debut!!! If only ten Republicans could hear that song and actually FEEL...
Magic Bullet was pretty neat but that debut of The First Time was so much cooler IMO. Pure bliss right after that EPIC steam engine confetti blast. I mean damn.

Yes!  thats where looking at a setlist would never tell the tale.  It was the perfect follow up.  Magic Bullet, eh.  Never really cared for it and the live rendition only slightly improved my opinion on it.

Okay, if they go with the final three albums tonight, thats roughly 33 songs right?  For some reason that seems like way to predictable an ending for what was a highly unpredictable idea.  I just dont see it.

I am guessing they conjur up a 23-25 song setlist with a break in the middle of songs from the final three albums, and then finish with a very lengthy encour of b sides and rarities and covers.  Like, i think Come Closer and Oxen are happening tonight.  As well as It Makes No Difference and Tyrone. 35 to 37 total songs and then a giant exhale from the audience as they announce "we arent going anywhere" before leaving the stage.

THE FIRST TIME WAS SO PERFECT AFTER STEAM!!! I knew exactly where Jim was going when he hit that first chord I was like Woah Chels this is the First Time theyre gonna be The First Time, she was like "What?"

Lets all hope for a megagawd 4 hour set!!! LETS DO IT!!! Livestreamers anyone?? Paging Matthew Lewis, is there a doctor in the house tonite?? I know there's one at my place hahahah
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

jttouch2

Magic Bullet was so thick and sick in Denver the goddamn live debut!!! If only ten Republicans could hear that song and actually FEEL...
Magic Bullet was pretty neat but that debut of The First Time was so much cooler IMO. Pure bliss right after that EPIC steam engine confetti blast. I mean damn.

Yes!  thats where looking at a setlist would never tell the tale.  It was the perfect follow up.  Magic Bullet, eh.  Never really cared for it and the live rendition only slightly improved my opinion on it.

Okay, if they go with the final three albums tonight, thats roughly 33 songs right?  For some reason that seems like way to predictable an ending for what was a highly unpredictable idea.  I just dont see it.

I am guessing they conjur up a 23-25 song setlist with a break in the middle of songs from the final three albums, and then finish with a very lengthy encour of b sides and rarities and covers.  Like, i think Come Closer and Oxen are happening tonight.  As well as It Makes No Difference and Tyrone. 35 to 37 total songs and then a giant exhale from the audience as they announce "we arent going anywhere" before leaving the stage.

I'm with you, never cared too much for Magic Bullet to begin with. And I have wondered about whether or not they'd perform all 3 remaining albums or just like the highlights of each one (leaving out tracks most people don't have hugely strong opinions on, like Two Halves and Big Decisions), and then drop some covers, solo tunes, and maybe a couple more non-album rarities before leaving the stage. I personally have a highly irrational hope that Sweetheart gets played for the first time since its only performance in 2006.

Lonndown27

Quote from: jttouch2 on Mar 05, 2018, 08:23 PM

I'm with you, never cared too much for Magic Bullet to begin with. And I have wondered about whether or not they'd perform all 3 remaining albums or just like the highlights of each one (leaving out tracks most people don't have hugely strong opinions on, like Two Halves and Big Decisions), and then drop some covers, solo tunes, and maybe a couple more non-album rarities before leaving the stage. I personally have a highly irrational hope that Sweetheart gets played for the first time since its only performance in 2006.

OOOOO SWEETHEART WOULD BE PERFECT!!! i love that live version too! but that studio recording is fucking intoxicating and timeless music. Oh....such life!!!

Whats goin down OBHers?
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Mr. White

Smokin' From Shootin'
Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Pt. 2

Taper taking a break...
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

jttouch2

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Mar 05, 2018, 09:02 PM
Quote from: jttouch2 on Mar 05, 2018, 08:23 PM

OOOOO SWEETHEART WOULD BE PERFECT!!! i love that live version too! but that studio recording is fucking intoxicating and timeless music. Oh....such life!!!

Whats goin down OBHers?

WOAH DUDE HOLD UP THE LIVE VERSION EXISTS ON TAPE I GOTTA HAVE IT NEVER FOUND IT BEFORE

jttouch2

Quote from: Mr. White on Mar 05, 2018, 09:17 PM
Smokin' From Shootin'

Remnants also heard before Smokin'. pretty much confirms EU in totality.

dexter

As far as memories ending the set. Am I crazy or did that song kill it during the beacon run?  I kinda think it surprised the hell out of me.

Mr. White

Smokin' From Shootin'

Taper taking a break...

Victory Dance
Circuital
The Day Is Coming

dexter

I'm personally bummed I couldn't stay all weekend. LOVED the first two nights and it really was a special treat to finally experience a part of this, but life gets in the way and thus I'm a weekend warrior. But I really like those last 3albums (I feel like I'm the only one) and it would be so fun to hear them.

Stevie

Quote from: Mr. White on Mar 05, 2018, 09:38 PM
Smokin' From Shootin'

Taper taking a break...

Victory Dance
Circuital
The Day Is Coming

im very confused by your posts.

is it accurate to say that they have played all of evil urges and are now getting started on circuital?

jttouch2

Quote from: Stevie on Mar 05, 2018, 09:59 PM
Quote from: Mr. White on Mar 05, 2018, 09:38 PM
Smokin' From Shootin'

Taper taking a break...

Victory Dance
Circuital
The Day Is Coming

im very confused by your posts.

is it accurate to say that they have played all of evil urges and are now getting started on circuital?

I would assume so-there's no tape evidence to prove all of EU was played, but we know the show started like 45 minutes before the streaming started and the stream kicked in for the very end of Remnants so its pretty safe to assume the rest of EU was played beforehand

Mr. White

(I'm not posting the entire set list because I don't know it. I'm not there. However, I am listening and watching whenever Kelli Laney is broadcasting live on Facebook on the My Morning Jacket Fan Club page. I'm only posting what I've actually heard played myself.)

Smokin' From Shootin'

Taper taking a break...

Victory Dance
Circuital
The Day Is Coming

Break in taping...

Holdin' On To Black Metal
First Light
You Wanna Freak Out
Slow Slow Tune
Movin' Away

Taper taking a break...

CountSA

Quote from: Mr. White on Mar 05, 2018, 10:06 PM
(I'm not posting the entire set list because I don't know it. I'm not there. However, I am listening and watching whenever Kelli Laney is broadcasting live on Facebook on the My Morning Jacket Fan Club page. I'm only posting what I've actually heard played myself.)

Smokin' From Shootin'

Taper taking a break...

Victory Dance
Circuital
The Day Is Coming

Break in taping...

Holdin' On To Black Metal
First Light
You Wanna Freak Out
Slow Slow Tune
Movin' Away

Taper taking a break...

Did they keep going?  An instagram post I saw made it seem like it was done.

Stevie

im assuming a set break.  this is far from over.

Stevie

taper has been down for a while. hope shes not finished.

slappymoe

Quote from: slappymoe on Mar 05, 2018, 04:26 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Mar 05, 2018, 02:15 PM
I bet Magic Bullet gets played too.
that will be my only disappointment, I was really hoping to get magic bullet down here. I'm not counting on anything beyond the 3 albums. Maybe a reprise of One Big Holiday.

But who knows? Gonna be a blast finding out.
well, consider me one happy dude.

jttouch2

Quote from: slappymoe on Mar 06, 2018, 12:07 AM
Quote from: slappymoe on Mar 05, 2018, 04:26 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Mar 05, 2018, 02:15 PM
I bet Magic Bullet gets played too.
that will be my only disappointment, I was really hoping to get magic bullet down here. I'm not counting on anything beyond the 3 albums. Maybe a reprise of One Big Holiday.

But who knows? Gonna be a blast finding out.
well, consider me one happy dude.

was that exactly what happened?

slappymoe

Got magic bullet

Stevie

thing else happened after the end of the waterfall? Is it still going on?

slappymoe

Sorry very drunk. Magic bullet, one big holiday. The end. Now sleep.