Main Menu

OBH4!

Started by millerjustin, Jul 18, 2017, 01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jttouch2

Quote from: MMJTX on Apr 24, 2018, 01:14 PM
would love to get those downloads dohhh :undecided:

Forreal!!!!! been checking nugs multiple times a day hoping to see them. Surely they have to come out by the end of the month???

tmz

Quote from: jttouch2 on Apr 24, 2018, 01:39 PM
Quote from: MMJTX on Apr 24, 2018, 01:14 PM
would love to get those downloads dohhh :undecided:

Forreal!!!!! been checking nugs multiple times a day hoping to see them. Surely they have to come out by the end of the month???

It's probably tricky to clean up the recordings so we can more clearly pick up the conversations that were more important than listening to rare things like a complete Cobra or The Tennessee Fire in full. I have faith in the wizardry of MMJs sound engineers.

I, for one, am looking forward to hearing the secrets of the universe revealed in those conversations when the recordings are released.

I just hope I'm not disappointed because some annoying horns from an otherworldly redition of Dondante drown them out. Or worse, that it's just an inane conversation about which of the real housewives of random city is the best. Couldn't be though, right?  :wink:

MMJTX

Real Housewives of Beverly Hills is the best, followed by NYC.  :embarrassed:
Anytime

mdgsolo

I would love to be wrong about this- but the amount of time for the OBH recordings to be released seems to be getting conspicuous.  I know there was some official confirmation that it was going to happen but.. Is it possible there is a marketing decision being made to dry us up until the release of official live album of which there has been little information shared about to drive interest in sales?  I hope not.  I for one would buy any release the band had regardless of whether we were awash in live recordings from OBH... Thoughts?

jttouch2

Quote from: mdgsolo on Apr 30, 2018, 05:28 PM
I would love to be wrong about this- but the amount of time for the OBH recordings to be released seems to be getting conspicuous.  I know there was some official confirmation that it was going to happen but.. Is it possible there is a marketing decision being made to dry us up until the release of official live album of which there has been little information shared about to drive interest in sales?  I hope not.  I for one would buy any release the band had regardless of whether we were awash in live recordings from OBH... Thoughts?

I imagine that if they were going to extensively delay the release of the OBH downloads it would've been specifically noted in that email they sent, but I definitely agree that the timing is getting a little long. Part of me wondered if maybe they were waiting to officially release them as like a "20 years on MMJ" anniversary thing next year or something, but that would make even less marketing sense in combination with the other official live album.
This weekend will make 2 months since the event, so I imagine they should have be coming out this week or the next if they're following the past model of only offering the downloads on Nugs.net

MOWJO8185

I would guess it's more a reflection on Ryan Pickett being a busy guy. If Jim has a solo tour this summer to accompany the album (which I have to imagine is busier for a sound person when it involves new songs, musicians, etc. than a Jacket show where he has been doing the sound forever), then he might just have competing priorities. And if I had to guess, I would guess bootlegs are pretty low on the MMJ team's priority list (given how they have sort of stopped putting them out besides OBH).

johnnYYac

Be patient. The day is coming...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

MMJTX

Anytime

jttouch2

sillyboob

Quote from: johnnYYac on May 01, 2018, 11:42 AM

Something's here, I'm not quite getting
Though I try, I keep forgetting
Like a memory long since past
Here in an instant, but gone in a flash

What does it mean?
What does it mean?

In these little bric-a-brac
A secret's ready to be cracked
These dolls and toys confuse me so
Confound it all, I love it though
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

APR

YES.  I'm psyched for when The Day Is Here.

Lonndown27

Quote from: sillyboob on May 01, 2018, 05:13 PM

Something's here, I'm not quite getting
Though I try, I keep forgetting
Like a memory long since past
Here in an instant, but gone in a flash

What does it mean?
What does it mean?

In these little bric-a-brac
A secret's ready to be cracked
These dolls and toys confuse me so
Confound it all, I love it though

FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE BUT ME POSTS IN PROSE!!! YESSSS!!!

Johnny does the forecast say a 9 minute Masterplan is waiting for us all? Or the blissful All Else Fails? CANNOT wait. But oh we have haha great things come to those who blah blah blah
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

sillyboob

Lonn -

Regarding my poem,
  I must confess,
I stole mine from
  The Nightmare Before Christmas.

RobRoy286

At this point I've lost any reason to expect anything being released from this band. 2 months for a simple soundboard release is crazy. And the live album + Waterfall 2 have been talked about for almost 3 years now.

sillyboob

Quote from: RobRoy286 on May 02, 2018, 12:04 PM
At this point I've lost any reason to expect anything being released from this band. 2 months for a simple soundboard release is crazy. And the live album + Waterfall 2 have been talked about for almost 3 years now.

I agree with you.  A lot of talk, and nothing (as of yet) to show for it. 

Not sure how many Cure fans there are on this board, but Robert Smith has promised a whole slew of releases that have as of yet come to fruition.  It's really annoying!

parkervb

with Jim's next solo album coming out this summer, I would venture to guess they would give that time to breath before putting an MMJ album(live or Waterfall Part Deux) out there for fear of cannibalizing sales.
Don't you ever turn it off

RobRoy286

Quote from: parkervb on May 02, 2018, 02:45 PM

with Jim's next solo album coming out this summer, I would venture to guess they would give that time to breath before putting an MMJ album(live or Waterfall Part Deux) out there for fear of cannibalizing sales.
Yup I was thinking the same thing. The OBH soundboards would hold me over real nice until the "official" releases.

robb

i promised myself i'd be cool with it taking awhile, but damn am i ever getting impatient.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

Lonndown27

Me too we NEED to hear these
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

RobRoy286

Quote from: robb on May 02, 2018, 03:07 PM

i promised myself i'd be cool with it taking awhile, but damn am i ever getting impatient.
The wait for the OBH2 downloads felt like eternity, but this seems worse.