Main Menu

OBH4!

Started by millerjustin, Jul 18, 2017, 01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varitek

I hesitate to contribute to a thread so many are watching so closely but the waaaaaiiiiiting is the hardest part...
"Did he just put on a cape?"

MMJCOBRA

Soooooo...since we are in speculation land, let me ask this. With full live recordings of each album, will these be your "reference" copy for listening to the albums going forward?

My buddy and I always talk about how awesome it would be if the current MMJ lineup re-recorded Tennessee Fire. This is as close as we are likely to get. Personally, I will still.listen to the studio albums, but I expect these recordings will become lifelong favorites!! 

RobRoy286

Quote from: unravelled on May 12, 2018, 07:43 PM
Soooooo...since we are in speculation land, let me ask this. With full live recordings of each album, will these be your "reference" copy for listening to the albums going forward?

My buddy and I always talk about how awesome it would be if the current MMJ lineup re-recorded Tennessee Fire. This is as close as we are likely to get. Personally, I will still.listen to the studio albums, but I expect these recordings will become lifelong favorites!! 
The rawness of TTF will always be special, but hearing the current lineup and arrangements on the album in high quality has been a dream for years now. Time for it to happen!

Lonndown27

It's coming this week
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

sillyboob

Quote from: Lonndown27 on May 14, 2018, 04:24 PM
It's coming this week

We've heard this before, a couple of times if I remember correctly.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Lonndown27

WE MUST WILL IT TO BE!!!! AHHHHHH WHERE THE HELL IS MMJ PRODUCT?? dont you guys want our money ??
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

RobRoy286

Quote from: Lonndown27 on May 15, 2018, 11:21 AM
WE MUST WILL IT TO BE!!!! AHHHHHH WHERE THE HELL IS MMJ PRODUCT?? dont you guys want our money ??
For real. They've been dropping the ball the last 4ish years with releases.

rkwedge

Go to Nugs boys  :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: They're up!
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

robb

oh fuck yes.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

Cameron

Just got the email!

tmz

1) Yay!!  I can't wait to listen to these shows (again)!

2) Is anyone else finding that the download codes don't seem to be redeemable in the way they're documented?

Logging into nugs.net and trying to redeem them doesn't add anything to my cart.  Adding flacs to my cart and then adding the codes doesn't change the price at all.  I've got no problem paying full price for these shows, they're well-worth it (and I can gift the codes to a friend).  I'm just curious if I'm missing something obvious.

CountSA

Quote from: tmz on May 15, 2018, 12:34 PM
1) Yay!!  I can't wait to listen to these shows (again)!

2) Is anyone else finding that the download codes don't seem to be redeemable in the way they're documented?

Logging into nugs.net and trying to redeem them doesn't add anything to my cart.  Adding flacs to my cart and then adding the codes doesn't change the price at all.  I've got no problem paying full price for these shows, they're well-worth it (and I can gift the codes to a friend).  I'm just curious if I'm missing something obvious.

The codes might be for mp3 only?  I know that's how the Roll Call download codes worked.  I don't remember there being any option to upgrade and pay the difference.

mancityzens

I've found that the "upgrade" hasn't worked in the past. Also, I had to "purchase" each mp3 download separately in order to enter all of the codes.

tmz

Quote from: CountSA on May 15, 2018, 12:42 PM
The codes might be for mp3 only?  I know that's how the Roll Call download codes worked.  I don't remember there being any option to upgrade and pay the difference.

They note that you can upgrade to flac/alac, which did work last year.  I think the nugs site changed and the instructions aren't quite right anymore.  I'll ask the OBH folks and see what they say.  I'm downloading now, without the codes -- because what's $38 compared to 9+ hours of music with all of the studio albums (plus that full Cobra)? :)

rkwedge

Quote from: tmz on May 15, 2018, 12:54 PM
Quote from: CountSA on May 15, 2018, 12:42 PM

They note that you can upgrade to flac/alac, which did work last year.  I think the nugs site changed and the instructions aren't quite right anymore.  I'll ask the OBH folks and see what they say.  I'm downloading now, without the codes -- because what's $38 compared to 9+ hours of music with all of the studio albums (plus that full Cobra)? :)
Keep us posted as to what they say tmz. I'm in the same boat as you, I'll pay for the shows in high quality for $54 no problem and give my codes to someone.  Has anyone been able to use the codes for even mp3? That didn't even seem to work for me.

Cameron

i had no no problem downloading mp3's.

Lonndown27

Any extra codes would be appreciated hahahha but if not i can wait a week til payday  :smiley: we willed this to happen! See sometimes i know what's going down  :cool:

So happy these are here goddamnit!!!!
WOOHOOOOO

RKWEDGE THEYRE HERE BABY!!!

JOHNNYYAC THEY'RE HERE!!!

ROBB THEY BE HEEEEUHHHH

SILLYBOOBY THEY'RE HERE TO SCORCH YOUR SILLYTITTIES OFF

MILLERJUSTINTIME THEY'RE HERE!!!

tmz

Quote from: rkwedge on May 15, 2018, 01:06 PM
Keep us posted as to what they say tmz. I'm in the same boat as you, I'll pay for the shows in high quality for $54 no problem and give my codes to someone.  Has anyone been able to use the codes for even mp3? That didn't even seem to work for me.

Will do.

I was able to add an mp3 show to the cart and on that page enter a code which dropped the price to $0.  It doesn't work like the email.  I don't think it worked the way the email said last year either, but I am pretty sure it worked in some way.  It was just a little wonky.

I wish that nugs had a better download method.  I resort to the nugs app on a nearby windows machine, but it seems like it would be less work for everyone if they just had a way to download a full album from the browser.

As if any of these little issues are of much importance.  My biggest problem right now is figuring out what to listen to first.  The OCD in me says play them all in order.  But while I decide I've got Dondante playing.  That was magical when it happened and it's insanely beautiful now.

RobRoy286

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

rkwedge

PM me Lonndown27