Main Menu

OBH4!

Started by millerjustin, Jul 18, 2017, 01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOWJO8185

DId the band actually play Aluminum Park and Look at you out of album order, or is the bootleg track list out of order?

jttouch2

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on May 16, 2018, 10:39 PM
DId the band actually play Aluminum Park and Look at you out of album order, or is the bootleg track list out of order?
bootleg tracks out of order, i thought the transitions were weird listening earlier and that explains why

rkwedge

Quote from: jttouch2 on May 16, 2018, 10:51 PM
bootleg tracks out of order, i thought the transitions were weird listening earlier and that explains why
Agreed the only tracks not played in order, Strangulation and PWW were played in reverse order. I'm sure just because Strangulation is not an ending the night song.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

slappymoe

well, I made the mistake of bringing these cd's to work this morning.  having my first listen right now, I can already tell I won't be getting much work done. :beer:

Lonndown27

Quote from: slappymoe on May 17, 2018, 05:40 AM
well, I made the mistake of bringing these cd's to work this morning.  having my first listen right now, I can already tell I won't be getting much work done. :beer:

Hahahhahaha!!! Me too...gonna be rockin out  As well!!!  :beer:
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

Wow shit im gonna have to redo the tracklist then . I haven't listened to the records thoroughly in a while, the live stuff is to me uncharted territory so I'm tending to celebrate those adventureboxes of live album goodness, right Carlos?? Get em Carlos!!! (Who gets it??? Har har har come on!!! :grin: :cheesy:)  i listened to those albums to death from 2004-2013 but had some Jacket shows before that...but not like my collection now. It feels like there's never enough shows but so many still to discover and listen through but more than that, actually getting into the vibe. I have quite the bootleg collection from so many bands and the best shows, the best live albums or audience tapes or soundboards , aka ANY documentation of any show on record, it's always about the atmosphere and the vibe coupled with a performance to fit that vibe and then you've got a legendary show.

These fall directly into that category
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

robb

if all else fails is so fucking good.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

Lonndown27

Quote from: robb on May 17, 2018, 09:07 AM
if all else fails is so fucking good.

It's seriously a  deep cut that shouldve been a hit single from All Things Must Pass if Jim James was George Harrison reincarnated

slappymoe

I know it's long been a dream of jacket fans everywhere, but the tennessee fire with the current lineup....... :shocked: :cheesy: :shocked: :cheesy:

RobRoy286

Yes having Tennessee Fire with the current lineup is a dream come true. It's like the 20 year old demos were finally finished.

Also, they should have closed with Strangulation. Would be the PERFECT closer.

MMJTX

Greatest. Weekend. Ever. glad those that couldn't make it can now experience it.

Hope those that were a little critical now have a better feeling about it all.

We are so lucky to have had this happen
Anytime

rkwedge

Quote from: MMJTX on May 17, 2018, 10:21 AM
Greatest. Weekend. Ever. glad those that couldn't make it can now experience it.

Hope those that were a little critical now have a better feeling about it all.

We are so lucky to have had this happen
Well said MMJTX, These recordings are so fricking good. Ryan outdid himself on these, he's the best sound guy in the business and these are just more proof. I truly believe the sound at a Jacket concert cannot be beat and that's why you'll find me 90% of the time standing right in front of Ryan at shows. I'm doing each night at home on my good stereo first before I listen to these thru earbuds or in the car just to get their pure genius. Last night was night 2 and I said this after the show in March (See post 340) and I'll stand by my statement, Night 2 was the best one night they ever played. Holy Moly that's filled with heavy hitters and beautiful runs. Rollin Back (sort of toned down guitar wise) into Just One Thing is Jacket Church.

sillyboob

Quote from: tmz on May 16, 2018, 08:38 PM
Has anyone else noticed that Cobra seems to cut off prematurely?  A few seconds after the outro music begins, it goes silent for the last 30-40 seconds of the track.  I've checked my downloads again to be sure it wasn't something fixed already.  Both the flac and flac-hd have this.  It seems like that's not the intended fade out.

(I hope that doesn't come out badly, because these recordings are really fantastic and it's only a few seconds of fade out music we're talking about here.  It just stood out after a second, more careful listen.)

TMZ - the mp3 download does the same thing.  Cuts out then there's about a minute of silence for the rest of the track.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

rkwedge

Quote from: sillyboob on May 17, 2018, 10:37 AM
Has anyone else noticed that Cobra seems to cut off prematurely?  A few seconds after the outro music begins, it goes silent for the last 30-40 seconds of the track.  I've checked my downloads again to be sure it wasn't something fixed already.  Both the flac and flac-hd have this.  It seems like that's not the intended fade out.

(I hope that doesn't come out badly, because these recordings are really fantastic and it's only a few seconds of fade out music we're talking about here.  It just stood out after a second, more careful listen.)

TMZ - the mp3 download does the same thing.  Cuts out then there's about a minute of silence for the rest of the track.
You think that's to give you time to catch your breath before you start night 3  :grin:

sillyboob

Someone posted on the Facebook page, but the drum screwup after Heartbreaking Man has been edited out.  No false start on The Bear a song too soon.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

TOOGANS

I'm sorry to hear this.  I'm 99.9% sure that this is not on my end as I just went back to my exports and see no issue such as what you described.  The only thing that I can't figure is that you might have a corrupted file from an incomplete download or something.  I would check with Nugs on this.  I usually hear from them first if there is a problem with the content that I have uploaded. 
Thanks for the heads up.

tmz

Quote from: TOOGANS on May 17, 2018, 11:11 AM

I'm sorry to hear this.  I'm 99.9% sure that this is not on my end as I just went back to my exports and see no issue such as what you described.  The only thing that I can't figure is that you might have a corrupted file from an incomplete download or something.  I would check with Nugs on this.  I usually hear from them first if there is a problem with the content that I have uploaded. 
Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks TOOGANS!  I'll check again, and ask nugs if it's still the same.  With luck they spot an error in copying the files you sent them and it'll be easy to fix.  I did download the tracks again (I bought both flac and flac-hd -- due to a combination of  a) urge to listen before the initial issue with the nugs codes was worked out, b) curiosity about whether I could hear a difference on any of my normal equipment, and c) plan to gift the second copy to a friend).

The quality of these recording is truly phenomenal!  Your work here is very, very much appreciated!  It's pretty hard to underestimate how much joy these recordings will bring over the years to come.  So thank you sooooo much!  <3

TOOGANS

This is however a meta data error on my part and I have contacted Nugs to make them aware.  You will have to renumber from "Look at You" onward or re-download once the issue is resolved.  My  apologies and thanks for the alert!

tmz

Quote from: sillyboob on May 17, 2018, 10:37 AM

That's good to know, thanks sillyboob!  I mentioned it to the nugs.net folks as TOOGANS suggested.  I'll be sure to follow up with anything I learn from that.

Quote from: rkwedge on May 17, 2018, 10:44 AM
You think that's to give you time to catch your breath before you start night 3  :grin:

Haha!  If that's the case, it needs to be a much longer gap. :grin:

I really love that the last two tracks of that night run for 45 glorious minutes.  I'll use those tracks if I ever have to tell someone I'll be there after a couple of songs.

TOOGANS

Quote from: tmz on May 17, 2018, 11:25 AM
Quote from: TOOGANS on May 17, 2018, 11:11 AM

Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks TOOGANS!  I'll check again, and ask nugs if it's still the same.  With luck they spot an error in copying the files you sent them and it'll be easy to fix.  I did download the tracks again (I bought both flac and flac-hd -- due to a combination of  a) urge to listen before the initial issue with the nugs codes was worked out, b) curiosity about whether I could hear a difference on any of my normal equipment, and c) plan to gift the second copy to a friend).

The quality of these recording is truly phenomenal!  Your work here is very, very much appreciated!  It's pretty hard to underestimate how much joy these recordings will bring over the years to come.  So thank you sooooo much!  <3
Thanks for the kind words and enjoy!  It was quite a journey and undertaking at the same time.