Service Charges...wowza

Started by Phone Went Midwest, Aug 08, 2017, 04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phone Went Midwest

I can't be the only person discouraged by service charges on tickets (not just MMJ, but everybody)...looking at this NYE run.  How can a $50.95 ticket have a $15.15 service charge?  What is being done to deserve a 33% service charge on a single ticket?? A computer does everything, humans aren't even part of the process...so how is this a "convenience fee"?  So the NYE ticket has a $17.90 fee...what's different in the process, do the tickets weigh more or something is more difficult because of the higher price?  On top of that, tickets are ALWAYS regular printed tickets...no special mail order design or anything better about them.  Please somebody justify why it's even called a "convenience fee"...

odelljaj

its fucking bullshit.  I thought Roll Call members dont get hit with these fees. MMJ needs new management and needs to be run better.  The fans are getting shit on

APR

This is nothing new.  See 1994 Pearl Jam taking on ticketbastard all by themselves.

midwesterner

It sucks but not much can be done about it.

Tee Vegas

It's a bad deal for those of that see multiple shows a year. Honestly I try not to think about it. You'd think with the digital age the service charges would go down since they don't have to pay nearly as many ticket agents as they did in phone in for ticket age.