Shows We Know Have Been Filmed: An Analysis

Started by Lonndown27, Aug 18, 2017, 09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonndown27

lets all come up with shows that have been professionally shot and filmed and come up with a definitive list, unless we've done this already somewhere, Ill began with all I can remember:

-Mercury Lounge we got the whole show
-Headliners BOTH nights: proof: It Still Moves EPK has footage from the shows

-ACL Festival: proof: clip on youtube
-Bonnaroo 2004: proof:all over youtube in pieces and a song on official Bonnaroo04 DVD

-Bonnaroo 2005???? no proof just a loose guess
-Okonokos shows at Fillmore, both nights all songs were filmed, 7-8 songs unreleased

-Bonnaroo 2006: proof: clip of The Bear on youtube tantalizes us all for years already
-NYE Fillmore 2006 : proof: only proof is a big professional camera seen at the show

- SLC The Depot: proof: when I saw Animal Collective at The Depot in 2012, I saw these screens with images of them on the stage, obviously still cameras filming it and projecting it back to the bar. I asked around and a bar tender who'd been there for years claimed every single show was filmed and put into a safe for later sale or usage. I asked him if My Morning Jacket's performance from 2007 @ The Depot, which has a bootleg with crisp brilliant audio and a show to which i have a very personal failure relationship with sadly, was among those filmed and stored away in this "safe". And he did nod excitedly and was extremely down with the Jacket, saying "I was working here then too that show was bogus! It was amazing!" Near to exact words of this guy. That's where it kind dissolved, but I've always wondered if we could only get to that footage....

-Austin Music Hall : proof: as seen in the Evil Urges EPK

-Bonnaroo 2008 : proof: clip of OBH w/Kirk Hammett keeps us goin until they release it all...somewhat....not really....RELEASE IT  :cheesy: :cheesy:

-Rockpalast Luxor Germany

-Waterfront Park Louisville: proof: Celebracion EPK features extensive pro footage

-NYE 2008 I swear to Christ I saw footage of the Jacket on CNN for NYE 08 I swear!!

- Sydney Australia : proof:a short interview & 25 mins of amazingly stunning footage is on youtube courtesy of TRIPLE J, cannot wait for this to be released it needs to be. The show was a 3 hour barnburner in an era when Jim was clean shaven and Carl had a mustache

-Terminal 5 shows??? possibly???
-Voodoo Music Festival: proof: footage on youtube featuring the amazing onstage intro
-KFC Yum???

-Louisville Palace UNSTAGED Youtube event! 3 hour epic!

-Oakland Fox Theater: proof: youtube has about 15 mins of footage shot by a rogue team of filmmakers and put together. The results are stunning and we NEED IT released. It looks amazing, not to mention it's one of my favorite Jacket shows.

-Bonnaroo 2011: proof: a clip of Touch Me II on youtube
-Lollapalooza 2011 : proof: got it in full on DVD at home thanks to JohnnyYac!!!

-Forecastle Festival Louisville!: proof: we've got the thing in full saved thanks to fans working together to preserve brilliance

-Red Rocks Second Night!!! aired on AXSTV all 3 hours and 23 minutes of it

-Kiddie show at Edgefield Theater?: proof: its on youtube in full

- OBH??: proof: OBH trailers and recaps on youtube

- OBH???: proof: OBH trailers and recaps on youtube

- Bonnaroo 2015: filmed in full and webcasted, we've saved it, I think most have it I dont, but I did watch it live as it went down and was satisfied, disappointed they didn't go the extra mile, though

-Red Rocks 2015 a film by Danny Clinch webcasted and saved I paid the 20 bucks, I got it still

- Beacon Theater shows???

-Austin City Limits episode
-Red Rocks both nights, filmed by the RR film staff it seemed, because on youtube videos you can see the screens on each side of the stage showing the band, looking as if it's the same cinematography used on the RR2012 AXSTV satellite broadcast.

-LockN Festival in Virginia

-OBH????
-Forest Hills: a fan made compilation video organized by some of the bands best fans
-NYE?????
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

oistheone

I know a lot of folks mention signs saying "you may be recorded" at the Beacon but I am almost positive those shows were not shot. I was very close on the first two nights and didn't see any cameras, much less a crew, other than Danny Clinch shooting stills.

Mr. White

Believe it or not, I actually started work on matching the Soundboard Audio to the AXSTV broadcast from Red Rocks 2012 Night 2. I've run into a snag with the editing, but I should be able to figure it out maybe today or tomorrow.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

johnnYYac

Also, these...

Mercury Lounge, Austin, TX, June 3, 2003
Part 1

Part 2

Jim James and Carl Broemel, Desmet, Amsterdam, May 16, 2008

Rockpalast, Luxor, Köln, Germany, July 2, 2008

Village Studios, Los Angeles, CA, June 21, 2011

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Lonndown27

Quote from: oistheone on Aug 20, 2017, 01:27 PM
I know a lot of folks mention signs saying "you may be recorded" at the Beacon but I am almost positive those shows were not shot. I was very close on the first two nights and didn't see any cameras, much less a crew, other than Danny Clinch shooting stills.

fantastic information!!! THANK U O IS THE ONE!!!!

and Mr. White and JohnnyYac, THANK U FOR FILLING IN THE ONES I KNEW I'D MISS! hahaha

also if anyone thinks i should also put on this list the full captured shows by amateur photographers? the full youtube shows like this one from the Gypsy Tea Room in 2004 that opens with How Could I Know that I always watch....or should that just be a different list.

I was thinking of this list as being more of a JUST professional. JUST stuff the band could combine into a giant boxset and put out in ten years.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

hey Mr. White thank U for uploading those vids on yer playlist of  all those shows. i already loved LOCKN but now LOCKN just got even more epic!!!! THANK U !!!! LOCKN was epic as all hell.

ncjacket

EDIT: Found a copy under the stickies! Disregard haha

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 18, 2017, 09:11 PM

- Bonnaroo 2015: filmed in full and webcasted, we've saved it, I think most have it I dont, but I did watch it live as it went down and was satisfied, disappointed they didn't go the extra mile, though

Glad to hear some have this show saved. Unfortunately I'm with you and don't have it saved. I was sad when youtube took it down.

Do you know who has a copy or link to a stream of the video and audio?

Thanks!

Mr. White

Quote from: ncjacket on Sep 14, 2017, 01:58 PM
EDIT: Found a copy under the stickies! Disregard haha

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 18, 2017, 09:11 PM

Glad to hear some have this show saved. Unfortunately I'm with you and don't have it saved. I was sad when youtube took it down.

Do you know who has a copy or link to a stream of the video and audio?

Thanks!

Here's my saved version. I have it saved to YouTube, but it is "Unlisted", so it won't come up in a normal search and won't get taken down ... hopefully. Enjoy!

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Lonndown27

Was just about to say Mr. White has the goods hahahah

rincon2

I know OBH 1 was filmed. I saw the videographers and spoke to one. They were using DLSR's, photo cameras with HD video capability. They had multiple angles covered. Not sure why that has never surfaced.

Lonndown27

Quote from: rincon2 on Sep 19, 2017, 05:43 PM
I know OBH 1 was filmed. I saw the videographers and spoke to one. They were using DLSR's, photo cameras with HD video capability. They had multiple angles covered. Not sure why that has never surfaced.

oooooooooh hell YES!!!!!!!