OBH4 - Moon Taxi

Started by sillyboob, Aug 27, 2017, 10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sillyboob

So I don't know anything about Moon Taxi.  Might someone educate me on them please?
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

cshum372

sillyboob

That's a great vibe for OBH.  Nice.   :thumbsup:

MMJTX

they are really really good
Anytime

millerjustin

lots of MT ties to MMJ family (Tom's wife reps MT) - should make for some fun sit-ins and covers at OBH4
What's in here won't disappear

piton87

Quote from: millerjustin on Aug 29, 2017, 11:21 AM
lots of MT ties to MMJ family (Tom's wife reps MT) - should make for some fun sit-ins and covers at OBH4

I was hoping for more sit ins at OB3 but we only got Lucius which was fine but a Gary Clark or Deertick would have been cool. I heard rumors the guys were sick or something so maybe that had something to do with it.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

sillyboob

Quote from: piton87 on Aug 29, 2017, 02:11 PM
Quote from: millerjustin on Aug 29, 2017, 11:21 AM

I was hoping for more sit ins at OB3 but we only got Lucius which was fine but a Gary Clark or Deertick would have been cool. I heard rumors the guys were sick or something so maybe that had something to do with it.

Word is the guys had food poisoning pretty bad on Night 2.  I was a little bummed about the few collaborations, but we still got a lot of Lucius, Jim with Pres Hall, Jim with Lucius, Carl with Deertick and Danny Clinch's harmonica work.  Would've loved to see some of the Deertick guys up on the big stage for a song or two.

d_wil

Been following Moon Taxi for years as they have ties to some of the same cities as me (Knoxville, Birmingham). Probably the only band I've seen more times than MMJ. They met and formed the band at Belmont in Nashville, have grown a ton together over the years, and are a tight unit on stage. They really bring the energy in their live shows too, and my bet is that most of y'all will dig them if you don't know them already. Any one of them can rip off a nasty solo at any moment, and Wes on keys is as good as you'll ever see.

You should check out all of their stuff because I can't think of any songs I really dislike, but here are some recommendations for getting a beginning taste of the different sides of MT:
Cabaret (2012) their best album, IMO - Mercury, Southern Trance, Whiskey Sunsets, Cabaret, Pennies, Gunflower
Mountains, Beaches, Cities (2013) - Running Wild, Morocco, Change, River Water
Daybreaker (2015) - All Day All Night, Run Right Back, Who's To Say, Always, Red Hot Lights
:thumbsup:

sillyboob

Right on d_wil. Appreciate the recommendations!