The Magnix MMJ Live Recordings Archive Project

Started by geekdork, Feb 04, 2007, 07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

:D This is the best part of the entire tapings section. Thank you (for the 52465th time), Mr. Mag!
In another time, in another place, in another face

sweatboard

Yeah, I can't thank you enough Ger.  You are the absolute greatest resource to the Live MMJ Recording Archieve.  Thank you so much for all of you efforts.  We would be fucked without you.  Keep E'm Coming Please!!!!  :-*  I've enjoyed so many of the shows you have put up.  :)
There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

QuoteWell I certainly appriciate it Ger!  I'm almost finished with my setlist spreadsheet covering the entire history.  I will send it to you when I'm done.  I have added a few nice little things to it as well.  Most of the source info is from your site obviously so I want to get it to you first.  It's really interesting seeing it all together how the songs developed and such.  I have 1999-2004 done and I already did the OKONOKOS tour so I should be finished soon.  Now I have to make a quick change to the newly added notes on archived shows thanks to your new 2002 addition!  I can't wait to start adding some new songs from 2008.....

Would you mind hooking another brother up?

BH

QuoteWell I certainly appriciate it Ger!  I'm almost finished with my setlist spreadsheet covering the entire history.  I will send it to you when I'm done.  I have added a few nice little things to it as well.  Most of the source info is from your site obviously so I want to get it to you first.  It's really interesting seeing it all together how the songs developed and such.  I have 1999-2004 done and I already did the OKONOKOS tour so I should be finished soon.  Now I have to make a quick change to the newly added notes on archived shows thanks to your new 2002 addition!  I can't wait to start adding some new songs from 2008.....

Oh yeah, I'm going to e-mail it to anyone who cares.  I think you will dig it.  If you ever have a question about what was played live/full band/solo/on the archive/etc. it will be your one stop shop!

I might even finish it today.  I'm thru 2005 and I have a lot of '06 finished from before.  
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

aMD

Oh yeah, I'm going to e-mail it to anyone who cares.  I think you will dig it.  If you ever have a question about what was played live/full band/solo/on the archive/etc. it will be your one stop shop!

I might even finish it today.  I'm thru 2005 and I have a lot of '06 finished from before.  

put me on the list.  I still think we should pull our resources and come up with a kick ass fan site.  That would be a great addition.

Magnix

Thanks man, it's good someone takes the time and effort to create something like that! Certainly since I do not have that time anymore ;-)

By the way, for those on Dime may have noticed already that a recording of the Jim James solo performance in Amsterdam on December 13, 2000 (where I was myself) has been made and will hopefully be seeded on Dime or come my way in due time. The same taper also recorded the following Dutch shows:
- April 3, 013, Tilburg
- April 6, Nighttown, Rotterdam
- April 8, Paradiso, Amsterdam
- April 14, Burgerweeshuis, Deventer

So far only a FM recording of the April 8 show (another one I attended) was available ... Great news I would say. Check the thread that made this surface here: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=182169 and stay tuned for things to happen. For those not on Dime, that particular torrent is a recording of the Kurt Wagner opening set on December 13, 2000!

Magnix

And here are two new volumes, coincidentally (see the post above) both Jim James solo performances (opening for John Mayer):

The Magnix My Morning Jacket Live Recordings Archive Volume 35 (MMMJLRA35)

Jim James solo
Jillian's, Louisville, KY
April 30, 2002

http://www.archive.org/details/mmj2002-04-30.aud.flac16

The Magnix My Morning Jacket Live Recordings Archive Volume 36 (MMMJLRA36)

Jim James solo
Tennessee Theatre, Knoxville, TN
May 1, 2002

http://www.archive.org/details/mmj2002-05-01.aud.flac16

Enjoy!

Magnix

Quoteput me on the list.  I still think we should pull our resources and come up with a kick ass fan site.  That would be a great addition.
Couldn't agree more. I think I have mentioned this before, but I would love to see my work continued. Parts of that, like the setlists and the complete songlist plus where they were released, have been sort of continued here on the forum, but it would be even better it got all compiled together on a website, all illustrated if possible. It certainly doesn't have to be in 'my' format, but I am more than willing to provide the webspace. All I actually need is a group of dedicated people who can provide the information and webpages to put online. I can't give you access to my webspace, but if one of those group of people has some information and updates a certain page/part of the website offline, and gets the files to me by email or so, I will have it uploaded pretty soon. I'm still online a lot, but I do not have the time anymore to search, check all possible sources all the time, put the bits and pieces together, and update the site.

sweatboard

QuoteAnd here are two new volumes, coincidentally (see the post above) both Jim James solo performances (opening for John Mayer):

The Magnix My Morning Jacket Live Recordings Archive Volume 35 (MMMJLRA35)

Jim James solo
Jillian's, Louisville, KY
April 30, 2002

http://www.archive.org/details/mmj2002-04-30.aud.flac16

Jim James solo
May 1, 2002

Enjoy!

Awesome, Thansk Ger!!

BH

Sweet!  I love those old solo shows.  Can't wait to hear them.  Thanks again!!!

Also, let me do a quick edit on my spreadsheet to add these two shows and you all will be getting an e-mail from me later this morning....

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

Jim James solo
May 1, 2002

Enjoy!

Oh shit!  I just realized this is the solo set with Isobella and Chills!  TWO GEMS!  Plus that is the first time Strangulation appears on the archive as a Jim solo version.

You rule Ger!

Edit:  Not to mention Knoxville to KY!  Brian, you must be pleased. :)

Magnix

As mentioned yesterday, the Jim James solo performance at the Amsterdam Paradiso on December 13, 2000 has surfaced after all these years. It can be downloaded from Dime: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=182334

Be sure that I will put it up at the LMA later this week.

edit: At the request of the taper, I will wait uploading it to the LMA for approx. two weeks.

aMD

Quoteput me on the list.  I still think we should pull our resources and come up with a kick ass fan site.  That would be a great addition.
Couldn't agree more. I think I have mentioned this before, but I would love to see my work continued. Parts of that, like the setlists and the complete songlist plus where they were released, have been sort of continued here on the forum, but it would be even better it got all compiled together on a website, all illustrated if possible. It certainly doesn't have to be in 'my' format, but I am more than willing to provide the webspace. All I actually need is a group of dedicated people who can provide the information and webpages to put online. I can't give you access to my webspace, but if one of those group of people has some information and updates a certain page/part of the website offline, and gets the files to me by email or so, I will have it uploaded pretty soon. I'm still online a lot, but I do not have the time anymore to search, check all possible sources all the time, put the bits and pieces together, and update the site.

I'd like to see this organized.  I already have an okay to make the covers comp into a website with downloadable links (that would be a lot of space, but really cool).  It would be cool to really "do it up", illustrated and whatnot.  I would also like to see your work continued, Ger.  I love your site and wish it didn't end with 2004.  PM me and let me know what I'd need to do to take on this project.  if anyone one else may be willing to help out, where possible, pm me or respond in this thread.

oh, and by the way, Ger, thank you thank thank you for the new shows  :)

Magnix

It's being transferred as we speak, so it may not show up right away. Anyways, here's another volume of the Magnix My Morning Jacket Live Recordings Archive!

Volume 37 (MMMJLRA37)

My Morning Jacket
Metro/Smart Bar, Chicago, IL
June 4, 2002

opening for Beth Orton

http://www.archive.org/details/mmj2002-06-04.aud.flac16

P.S. I'll get back to the website stuff tomorrow ...

getinthevan

Oh wow!  I can't wait to start listening to these!  
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

realdeal

Neat. Isobella live and acoustic. Thats a fun, little treat.

George_Savage

QuoteNeat. Isobella live and acoustic. Thats a fun, little treat.

I ended up buying those tickets before I realized that this was a solo Jim show - lots of crazy stuff happened on that tour, including standing on the outside of a massive audience in Louisville and receiving a tap on my shoulder - turned around after the second tap to a smiling Jim James!   He said something like "they love their John Mayer, don't they?" - of course there were several there for him.  And on this date, May 1, we ended up seeing he and his girlfriend on the sidewalk outside and *from the car* I made some requests!   "How about 'Isobella' or 'Chills', you know, something unusual!?!?" and he said something like "We'll see" and "I've been playing some of the old stuff for ya, Low Dog!" - and then while waiting in line at the front of the Tennessee Theatre these gals were gushing about Mayer saying "Isn't he sooo cute?" and I said loud enough for them to hear "Yes, my son Jim James IS pretty good-looking!" - we were kinda buzzed.   There is a bunch of irritating talking - this dumbass sat right down beside me and started talking about getting his driver's license renewed, etc.  I wanted to tell him to shut up, but I didn't.  Jim was barefoot, of course.   I still can't believe that this is the only time he's played Isobella, and I was flabbergasted to hear Chills live - I never thought he'd do it, I was just being stupid when I requested it!    :)   Those were the days - thanks for the memories, Jim!  

Low Dog
"any time your war gets out of hand I'll take it on"

aMD

thanks for the story, George.

Cheers!  [smiley=beer.gif]

Kory

I fell behind for about 7 shows... The main page has been updated.
Thanks for the shows Ger! I'm readying May 4th 2002 for a DVD release that I was only able to transfer thanks to Dylan's DV player. I don't know see an audio release for the show but we'll at least have the video. I could pull the audio from the DV tape if necessary...
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.
Also, [url="http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com"]http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com[/url]

aMD

QuoteAs mentioned yesterday, the Jim James solo performance at the Amsterdam Paradiso on December 13, 2000 has surfaced after all these years. It can be downloaded from Dime: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=182334

Be sure that I will put it up at the LMA later this week.

edit: At the request of the taper, I will wait uploading it to the LMA for approx. two weeks.

I hate to be impatient, but is there any chance of uploading this show to LMA soon?  I'm dying to hear it.  I downloaded it off DIME but couldn't decrypt the tracks.